To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Wed May 12, 2010 4:39 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

It is a great privilege to share with you again. Please share these devotions with your friends and please click the featured page link at the bottom of these devotions

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Deuteronomy 8 (Amplified Bible)

17 And beware lest you say in your [mind and] heart, My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.

18 But you shall [earnestly] remember the Lord your God, for it is He Who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
Here is a warning for all believers
Whatever wealth and possessions we have comes from God
Whatever ministry we have comes from God
God gives .. but he surely can take away.
Let us be mindful that we never become complacent of what great gifts the Lord has given us
Let us remember as the children of Israel had to, that it is the Lord who gives us the power to get things.

Without Him, we are nothing.
The days we live in are dangerous, filled with men being full of pride about their possessions.

Let us never get dragged into that attitude of heart that says all things come from our own efforts, these things come from God who blesses us beyond measure
Have you remembered to thank God for what he has given you?

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

Nehemiah 4
10 And [the leaders of] Judah said, The strength of the burden bearers is weakening, and there is much rubbish; we are not able to work on the wall.

11 And our enemies said, They will not know or see till we come into their midst and kill them and stop the work.
Have you personally or has your church become discouraged in your wall building?
Has the work become too much for you? Like it had for the people in Nehemiah's time verse 10?
Has the enemy sought to put a block on your work verse 11?
The Lord would have you know that you will accomplish what he has given you to do because, he is the true master builder and he will not only give you the tools to do the work, he will give the strength to complete it.
All around you, there may be problems, there may be sneering crowds.. but remember God is on your side.
Just remember Noah.
Whilst he was building the ark, he was jeered and told he was crazy.. but he kept on building. The world was getting more and more evil by the day, but he kept on and he finished the work God gave Him to do
So if you are having trouble building your wall.. keep on building.. don't give up

If there is much rubbish there..

If the strength of you burden bearers is weakening
If the world is laughing

Always remember God is on your side and that is all that counts.. amen
God bless you
Keith

Morning and Evening By CH Spurgeon

AM

"He shall stand and feed in the strength of the Lord." – Micah 5:4

Christ’s reign in his Church is that of a shepherd-king. He has supremacy, but it is the superiority of a wise and tender shepherd over his needy and loving flock; he commands and receives obedience, but it is the willing obedience of the well-cared-for sheep, rendered joyfully to their beloved Shepherd, whose voice they know so well. He rules by the force of love and the energy of goodness.
His reign is practical in its character. It is said, "He shall stand and feed." The great Head of the Church is actively engaged in providing for his people. He does not sit down upon the throne in empty state, or hold a sceptre without wielding it in government. No, he stands and feeds. The expression "feed," in the original, is like an analogous one in the Greek, which means to shepherdize, to do everything expected of a shepherd: to guide, to watch, to preserve, to restore, to tend, as well as to feed.
His reign is continual in its duration. It is said, "He shall stand and feed"; not "He shall feed now and then, and leave his position"; not, "He shall one day grant a revival, and then next day leave his Church to barrenness." His eyes never slumber, and his hands never rest; his heart never ceases to beat with love, and his shoulders are never weary of carrying his people’s burdens.
His reign is effectually powerful in its action; "He shall feed in the strength of Jehovah." Wherever Christ is, there is God; and whatever Christ does is the act of the Most High. Oh! it is a joyful truth to consider that he who stands to-day representing the interests of his people is very God of very God, to whom every knee shall bow. Happy are we who belong to such a shepherd, whose humanity communes with us, and whose divinity protects us. Let us worship and bow down before him as the people of his pasture.

PM

"In my flesh shall I see God." – Job 19:26

Mark the subject of Job’s devout anticipation "I shall see God." He does not say, "I shall see the saints"-though doubtless that will be untold felicity-but, "I shall see God." It is not-"I shall see the pearly gates, I shall behold the walls of jasper, I shall gaze upon the crowns of gold," but "I shall see God." This is the sum and substance of heaven, this is the joyful hope of all believers. It is their delight to see him now in the ordinances by faith. They love to behold him in communion and in prayer; but there in heaven they shall have an open and unclouded vision, and thus seeing "him as he is," shall be made completely like him. Likeness to God-what can we wish for more? And a sight of God-what can we desire better? Some read the passage, "Yet, I shall see God in my flesh," and find here an allusion to Christ, as the "Word made flesh," and that glorious beholding of him which shall be the splendour of the latter days. Whether so or not it is certain that Christ shall be the object of our eternal vision; nor shall we ever want any joy beyond that of seeing him. Think not that this will be a narrow sphere for the mind to dwell in. It is but one source of delight, but that source is infinite. All his attributes shall be subjects for contemplation, and as he is infinite under each aspect, there is no fear of exhaustion. His works, his gifts, his love to us, and his glory in all his purposes, and in all his actions, these shall make a theme which will be ever new. The patriarch looked forward to this sight of God as a personal enjoyment. "Whom mine eye shall behold, and not another." Take realizing views of heaven’s bliss; think what it will be to you. "Thine eyes shall see the King in his beauty." All earthly brightness fades and darkens as we gaze upon it, but here is a brightness which can never dim, a glory which can never fade-"I shall see God."

Please take time to view the Guest page.. this page is packed full of articles that will build your faith. It is changed every week so please come back often and tell your friends

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... Guest-Page
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word