To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Sat May 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

Here we are again.. ready to share in what God shows us in his Wonderful Word. Please click on the link at the end of this e-mail.. you will be blessed if you do. Also please pass these messages onto all your friends.. let's get the word out into the world

God bless you

Keith

Noonday Devotion By Keith

Devotion 1

Mar 14:29 Peter blurted out, "Even if everyone else is ashamed of you when things fail to pieces, I won't be,"
Mar 14:30 Jesus said, "Don't be so sure. Today, this very night in fact, before the rooster crows twice, you will deny me three times."

Mar 14:31 He blustered in protest, "Even if I have to die with you, I will never deny you." All the others said the same thing.

Mar 14:72 Just then the rooster crowed a second time. Peter remembered how Jesus had said, "Before a rooster crows twice, you'll deny me three times." He collapsed in tears,

We laugh at big bumbling Peter, so often he did the wrong thing, so often he said the wrong thing, but if we are honest, we are more like him than we think.
How often do we blurt out words like Peter did. I will never forsake you. I will serve you for the rest of my days? These things are so easy to say, but so hard to carry out, let's realize that when we sing hymns of commitment in church,that God is watching and listening and that he knows the true intents of your heart and mine, scary thought isn't it, you can fool everyone,..............But God!.
Denying Jesus is not only outright denial. It is every time, we have an opportunity to witness for him and don't share with that person, every time we close our mouths when they should be openly telling of our Lord. I have lost count of the number of times that I have not spoken up for my Lord. Let's never miss an opportunity to speak up for Jesus. After all he cant speak for himself, so it's up to us, his mouthpieces.
Remember everyone, that there is hope. It was Peter who stood up on the day of Pentecost, the same Peter, because of two things, he had a true repentant heart, but also he was forgiven and was restored by the Lord. Repentance for your sin leads to restoration, look at the example of David in Psalm 51

Also he had the power and anointing of the Precious Holy Spirit on his life.. as we do. It is not, a lesser Holy Spirit that it was on the Day of Pentecost. The power and presence of the Holy Spirit, is still the same today.. amen

The Lord is gracious towards us, despite our failures, he loves us, adores us and cares for us, and we are to be about his business, we are here to please him, not to enjoy ourselves, but to serve Him.
God is pleased to use us, despite our limitations, because when we are weak.. HE is Strong.. AMEN

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

Romans 8

9 But you are not living the life of the flesh, you are living the life of the Spirit, if the [Holy] Spirit of God [really] dwells within you [directs and controls you]. But if anyone does not possess the [Holy] Spirit of Christ, he is none of His [he does not belong to Christ, is not truly a child of God

We are living life in the Spirit my fellow brothers and sisters, this is awesome. We have the very power and presence of God indwelling us.

This means that our actions, thought, attitudes and reactions are to be given over to the control of the HOLY SPIRIT, we are no longer in the driver's seat, it is the Spirit of truth, that sits there and is driving us.

If the Spirit of truth is not living inside of us, we will see the outward manifestation of this, as it says in Galatians 5

16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these
are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Let us today and always be led by the Spirit of God, that is how we know we are his, because his sheep follow his voice and a voice of a stranger they will not hear. John chapter 10.

Who is leading you today.. the Spirit of God or your flesh?

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening By CH Spurgeon

AM

"For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh." – Galatians 5:17
In every believer’s heart there is a constant struggle between the old nature and the new. The old nature is very active, and loses no opportunity of plying all the weapons of its deadly armoury against newborn grace; while on the other hand, the new nature is ever on the watch to resist and destroy its enemy. Grace within us will employ prayer, and faith, and hope, and love, to cast out the evil; it takes unto it the "whole armour of God," and wrestles earnestly. These two opposing natures will never cease to struggle so long as we are in this world. The battle of "Christian" with "Apollyon" lasted three hours, but the battle of Christian with himself lasted all the way from the Wicket Gate in the river Jordan. The enemy is so securely entrenched within us that he can never be driven out while we are in this body: but although we are closely beset, and often in sore conflict, we have an Almighty helper, even Jesus, the Captain of our salvation, who is ever with us, and who assures us that we shall eventually come off more than conquerors through him. With such assistance the new-born nature is more than a match for its foes. Are you fighting with the adversary to-day? Are Satan, the world, and the flesh, all against you? Be not discouraged nor dismayed. Fight on! For God himself is with you; Jehovah Nissi is your banner, and Jehovah Rophi is the healer of your wounds. Fear not, you shall overcome, for who can defeat Omnipotence? Fight on, "looking unto Jesus"; and though long and stern be the conflict, sweet will be the victory, and glorious the promised reward.
"From strength to strength go on;
Wrestle, and fight, and pray,
Tread all the powers of darkness down,
And win the well-fought day."
PM

"He that loveth not knoweth not God." – I John 4:8
The distinguishing mark of a Christian is his confidence in the love of Christ, and the yielding of his affections to Christ in return. First, faith sets her seal upon the man by enabling the soul to say with the apostle, "Christ loved me and gave himself for me." Then love gives the countersign, and stamps upon the heart gratitude and love to Jesus in return. "We love him because he first loved us." In those grand old ages, which are the heroic period of the Christian religion, this double mark was clearly to be seen in all believers in Jesus; they were men who knew the love of Christ, and rested upon it as a man leaneth upon a staff whose trustiness he has tried. The love which they felt towards the Lord was not a quiet emotion which they hid within themselves in the secret chamber of their souls, and which they only spake of in their private assemblies when they met on the first day of the week, and sang hymns in honour of Christ Jesus the crucified, but it was a passion with them of such a vehement and all-consuming energy, that it was visible in all their actions, spoke in their common talk, and looked out of their eyes even in their commonest glances. Love to Jesus was a flame which fed upon the core and heart of their being; and, therefore, from its own force burned its way into the outer man, and shone there. Zeal for the glory of King Jesus was the seal and mark of all genuine Christians. Because of their dependence upon Christ’s love they dared much, and because of their love to Christ they did much, and it is the same now. The children of God are ruled in their inmost powers by love-the love of Christ constraineth them; they rejoice that divine love is set upon them, they feel it shed abroad in their hearts by the Holy Ghost, which is given unto them, and then by force of gratitude they love the Saviour with a pure heart, fervently. My reader, do you love him? Ere you sleep give an honest answer to a weighty question!

Please view the Guest page on the site. On here there are articles, poems etc to stir your faith. Please come back often as this page changes each week

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... Guest-Page
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word