To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Special Simply Scripture.. please share

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Special Simply Scripture.. please share

Postby totallylovedbygod » Thu May 06, 2010 9:28 am

Welcome to a very special Simply Scripture

My Dearly beloved Friends

I have been led of the Lord to write on the most wonderful event, that is yet to happen in this world, and that is the wonderful second coming of Our Lord and Saviour.. JESUS CHRIST.

In writing this, I am not going to take a position on when the rapture, will happen etc. If you had to push me.. I am not a pre, mid or post tribulation person... I am someone who just believes that we will be raptured and am looking forward to that great event.
Please feel free to share this message with everyone you can, the Word of God needs to get out into the world. The church needs to awake, and I just hope that God through his Precious Holy Spirit, uses this message to encourage and bless my fellow believers in their most holy faith.
I wish to thank my friend Sue for her help and also thanks my own Dear Pastor, Mark for his proofreadingof the text
May God bless you abundantly

Keith

All bible quotes are from the Amplified Bible

Mark 13

32But of that day or that hour not a [single] person knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

33Be on your guard [constantly alert], and watch and pray; for you do not know when the time will come.

34It is like a man already] going on a journey; when he leaves home, he puts his servants in charge, each with his particular task, and he gives orders to the doorkeeper to be constantly alert and on the watch.

35Therefore watch (give strict attention, be cautious and alert), for you do not know when the Master of the house is coming--in the evening, or at midnight, or at cockcrowing, or in the morning--

36[Watch, I say] lest He come suddenly and unexpectedly and find you asleep.

37And what I say to you I say to everybody: Watch (give strict attention, be cautious, active, and alert)!

Acts 1

6So when they were assembled, they asked Him, Lord, is this the time when You will re-establish the kingdom and restore it to Israel?

7He said to them, It is not for you to become acquainted with and know [b]what time brings [the things and events of time and their definite periods] or fixed [c]years and seasons (their critical niche in time), which the Father has appointed (fixed and reserved) by His own choice and authority and personal power.

My Brothers and Sisters

In the church today, there is much debate, about the exact time Jesus will be coming back. Indeed some people are even saying, that they know the day and hour, that Jesus will return. One of the these sites is www.wecanknow.com. The people and the teaching on this website is FALSE.

Please note from the words of Jesus, that the time of the return of Jesus, is entirely in the hand of the Father and no one else. If you hear people say, they know the date and time of the rapture etc, you know that they are talking rubbish and not according to Scripture.
The Lord does give us clues though. If you read Mark 13 and Mathew 24, Jesus tells us that there will be signs that we have to look for. Nation shall rise against nation and the gospel will be proclaimed to all people. Jesus warns the disciples that many will say.. look here is Christ. He gives us these words of warning in Matthew 24:23
23If anyone says to you then, Behold, here is the Christ (the Messiah)! or, There He is!--do not believe it.

24For false Christs and false prophets will arise, and they will show great signs and wonders so as to deceive and lead astray, if possible, even the elect (God's chosen ones).

25See, I have warned you beforehand.

26So if they say to you, Behold, He is in the wilderness (desert)--do not go out there; if they tell you, Behold, He is in the secret places or inner rooms--do not believe it.

27For just as the lightning flashes from the east and shines and [h]is seen as far as the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

So how is Jesus going to return to Earth? We are told in 1 Thessalonians 4:

16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud cry of summons, with the shout of an archangel, and with the blast of the trumpet of God. And those who have departed this life in Christ will rise first.

17Then we, the living ones who remain [on the earth], shall simultaneously be caught up along with [the resurrected dead] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so always (through the eternity of the eternities) we shall be with the Lord!

18Therefore comfort and encourage one another with these words.

We are also told that it will take the world by surprise. Jesus says that it will be the same as in the time of Noah

Mathew 24:38 -39

38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;

39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

I Thess 5:1-4

1 But as to the suitable times and the precise seasons and dates, brethren, you have no necessity for anything being written to you.

2For you yourselves know perfectly well that the day of the [return of the] Lord will come [as unexpectedly and suddenly] as a thief in the night.

3When people are saying, all is well and secure, and, there is peace and safety, then in a moment unforeseen destruction (ruin and death) will come upon them as suddenly as labour pains come upon a woman with child; and they shall by no means escape, for there will be no escape.

4But you are not in [given up to the power of] darkness, brethren, for that day to overtake you by surprise like a thief.
So in the light of all this, what is to be our attitude? So how does the return of Jesus affect our daily lives? Here are some principles for you…
Firstly, we have to be always looking up.. amen. I don't know about you, but I am always scanning the skies, eagerly looking for as Paul puts it.. the glorious appearing of our Lord. I hope you eyes are turned upwards.. looking for Jesus.

Titus 2

13 Awaiting and looking for the [fulfilment, the realization of our] blessed hope, even the glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour Christ Jesus (the Messiah, the Anointed One),

Secondly, we have to be about the business of the Lord. What is that business you may ask. Well it is to preach the gospel. Jesus states in Matthew 28:16-20 and Acts 1:8, what we are to do, and it is not to debate and speculate on when he is coming back. To do this is to fall into a trap of the devil. He wants us to be sidetracked from our main task of sharing Christ, and so will try anything to stop us.

Thirdly, we have to be close to the Lord. We must have a close and deep relationship with Him. That means spending lots of time in prayer, reading and studying his word, and fellowshipping with his people.

Many brothers and sisters all over the world are suffering terrible persecution and over the coming years, the western world, will start to see more and more persecution for the Church. We really need to be so close to the Father in fellowship, so that we can stand up to the coming persecution. Christian, you may say, that I am speaking idle words, but persecution is coming . We need to grow into the very likeness of Christ - Ephesians 5:1-2 and 1 Peter 1:13-17

We need to have on the armour of God - Ephesians 6:10-17
We need to be filled with the Holy Spirit - Ephesians 5:18
We need to have our minds renewed by the word of God - Romans 12:1-2 and Colossians 3:16
We need to be ready in season and out of season to share the gospel - 2 Timothy 4:2

Time is very short my brothers and sisters. Every day is one day nearer the glorious appearing of our wonderful Lord and Saviour.

Let us not debate when Jesus is coming back but let us rejoice that he is coming back to take us to be with Him - John 14:1-6.

We need to be about our Master's business. CT Studd that Great missionary once said,

' Some wish to live in view of church or chapel bell.. I want to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell'

Matthew Henry Comments on the Apostles Question in Acts 1 -

'They were earnest in asking about that which their master, never had directed or encouraged them to seek'

You know every single prophecy about the first coming of Jesus, was fulfilled, and likewise, every prophecy about his second coming in power and glory, will be fulfilled, also.

Christian, your job is to look forward with joy to that glorious day and to spend your time in fruitful service, so that you will hear the words.. well done thou good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of the Lord.

If you disagree with me on what I have wrote then please give feedback. I don't know it all.
All I am is one who owes everything to God. I am a blood bought child of God who loves God, his Word, and his people. I have shared texts from the Holy Scriptures.. the book I reverence and love.

I long for that day, when my Saviour I will see.. I hope you do too.

Please visit the website, the Lord has enabled me to do.. for the glory of his name and the building up of His church. The link below is to the home page, there are also 11 pages for your encouragement and blessing.. so please take time to view them
http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove

Scriptures for further study

Mark Chapter 13
Matthew chapter 24
Matthew 25:13
1 Thess 4:16-18
1 Thess 5:1-4
2 Peter 1:20-21
2 Peter 2:1-4
2 Peter 3:8-12
Titus 2:13

God bless you!