To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:35 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

What an amazing joy and privilege to once again share with you from God's precious Word. Please pass on these devotions to all your friends and groups... let's get the word out into the world

Please read the page on the site called Jesus is Alive. Please click link below

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... s-is-Alive

God Bless you all

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Matthew 20

29And as they were going out of Jericho, a great throng accompanied Him.

30And behold, two blind men were sitting by the roadside, and when they heard that Jesus was passing by, they cried out, Lord, have pity and mercy on us, [You] Son of David!
31The crowds reproved them and told them to keep still; but they cried out all the more, Lord, have pity and mercy on us, [You] Son of David!
32And Jesus stopped and called them, and asked, What do you want Me to do for you?
33They answered Him, Lord, we want our eyes to be opened!
34And Jesus, in pity, touched their eyes; and instantly they received their sight and followed Him.

What a day that must have been!. These men sat day after day on the side of the road and they heard that on this day, that Jesus was passing by. Note that he was passing by , but not passing them by. We are often in peoples lives for a short time, but it is not the length of time we spend in other peoples lives, but it is the effect that we have on them that matters.

Jesus was in a great throng of people.. just like we are today, but his ears and heart was sensitive to the cry of these two men, we need to be sensitive to the cries of hurting people in today's world. We live in a hustle bustling world, but we need to pray that our hearts and ears and tuned to the cries of the needy and hurting.. amen

When people in need cry out to us, we have to be sensitive to their cry. Men and women today are crying out to us , for an answer to heal their lives. We have that answer in Jesus, let us be quick to respond and to hear their cry as Jesus did.

We need to scratch below the surface of people's lives. If you have ever seen an iceberg, only 10-20% is visible.. the rest is beneath the surface.

Jesus asked the men a question in verse 32.. what do you want ME to do for you?. He asks the same question of you today.

What is your answer?

The answer the men gave is the one and only true answer.. to have their eyes opened to the truth.. to see spiritually and to encounter God

If you wish to encounter God and to have your eyes opened, please say this prayer:

Father God. I have sinned and broken your commandments and I come to you asking for forgiveness, admitting I am a sinner and believing that Jesus died for me on the cross. I ask that the blood of Jesus cleanses me from all my sin and that JESUS comes to take over my life and I promise to follow and serve you for the rest of my life

In Jesus name

Amen

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

PSALM 149

6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand

This is awesome, this is a psalm that is overlooked, but it is full of amazing things.

Like this for example, we ask how are we to defeat the enemy? The answer is clear, by having the praises of the Lord coming out of our mouths; high praises, they are to be loud and exultant, shouting for joy in our Lord.

The devil is defeated when we are praising God with our mouths... you see when praise is continually coming out of our mouths.. there is no room for anything else.. amen. There is no room for gossip or backbiting or strife. That is why a praising christian is a great tool in the hands of the HOLY SPIRIT Psalm 34: and 1 Thess 5:16-20

Then we are to have in our hands the sword of the Spirit, the Word of the Living God Hebrews 4:12 and Ephesians 6:17.

The sword of the Spirit, the word of God, has never lost a fight it has been in, it is the same one that Jesus used to defeat the devil, the same one that Elijah used against the prophets of Baal, and that David used against Goliath. Did it fail them? No it didn't, and it wont fail us either.

Let's be armed with praise in our mouth for what God has done for us and the sword of the Spirit of God in our hands, because with these things nothing but nothing can stand against us.

Amen

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening By CH Spurgeon

AM

"A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me." – Song of Solomon 1:13
Myrrh may well be chosen as the type of Jesus on account of its preciousness, its perfume, its pleasantness, its healing, preserving, disinfecting qualities, and its connection with sacrifice. But why is he compared to "a bundle of myrrh"? First, for plenty. He is not a drop of it, he is a casket full. He is not a sprig or flower of it, but a whole bundle. There is enough in Christ for all my necessities; let me not be slow to avail myself of him. Our well-beloved is compared to a "bundle" again, for variety: for there is in Christ not only the one thing needful, but in "him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily," everything needful is in him. Take Jesus in his different characters, and you will see a marvellous variety-Prophet, Priest, King, Husband, Friend, Shepherd. Consider him in his life, death, resurrection, ascension, second advent; view him in his virtue, gentleness, courage, self-denial, love, faithfulness, truth, righteousness-everywhere he is a bundle of preciousness. He is a "bundle of myrrh" for preservation-not loose myrrh to be dropped on the floor or trodden on, but myrrh tied up, myrrh to be stored in a casket. We must value him as our best treasure; we must prize his words and his ordinances; and we must keep our thoughts of him and knowledge of him as under lock and key, lest the devil should steal anything from us. Moreover, Jesus is a "bundle of myrrh" for speciality. The emblem suggests the idea of distinguishing, discriminating grace. From before the foundation of the world, he was set apart for his people; and he gives forth his perfume only to those who understand how to enter into communion with him, to have close dealings with him. Oh! blessed people whom the Lord hath admitted into his secrets, and for whom he sets himself apart. Oh! choice and happy who are thus made to say, "A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me."

PM
"And he shall put his hand upon the head of the burnt- offering; and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him." – Leviticus 1:14

Our Lord’s being made "sin for us" is set forth here by the very significant transfer of sin to the bullock, which was made by the elders of the people. The laying of the hand was not a mere touch of contact, for in some other places of Scripture the original word has the meaning of leaning heavily, as in the expression, "thy wrath lieth hard upon me" (Psalm 88:7). Surely this is the very essence and nature of faith, which doth not only bring us into contact with the great Substitute, but teaches us to lean upon him with all the burden of our guilt. Jehovah made to meet upon the head of the Substitute all the offences of his covenant people, but each one of the chosen is brought personally to ratify this solemn covenant act, when by grace he is enabled by faith to lay his hand upon the head of the "Lamb slain from before the foundation of the world." Believer, do you remember that rapturous day when you first realized pardon through Jesus the sin-bearer? Can you not make glad confession, and join with the writer in saying, "My soul recalls her day of deliverance with delight. Laden with guilt and full of fears, I saw my Saviour as my Substitute, and I laid my hand upon him; oh! how timidly at first, but courage grew and confidence was confirmed until I leaned my soul entirely upon him; and now it is my unceasing joy to know that my sins are no longer imputed to me, but laid on him, and like the debts of the wounded traveller, Jesus, like the good Samaritan, has said of all my future sinfulness, ‘Set that to my account.’" Blessed discovery! Eternal solace of a grateful heart!
"My numerous sins transferr’d to him,
Shall never more be found,
Lost in his blood’s atoning stream,
Where every crime is drown’d!"

Dear Friend

Your eternal destiny rests on whether, the above words are true personally for you. Don't put off trusting Christ and only him for salvation Acts 4:12

Keith
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Toni Star
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Devotion #1

Postby Toni Star » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:57 pm

Keith,

I just read Devotion #1 on "casting worrries and concerns" on Christ. I'm new to reading your devotions and I really enjoyed this one. With what is going on in my life right now, it has helped me tremendously.

Many thanks and God Bless,

Toni
Toni Star, freelance writer/editor and graduate student

"Never give up, for there is always an answer for everyone who seeks, knocks or asks."

Return to Encouragement from the Word