To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Simply Scripture

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Simply Scripture

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:31 am

Welcome Dear Friends

To Simply Scripture, this will be sent out as and when the Lord leads. It is different from Noonday Devotion as it will be more of a bible study, so be prepared to have your bible open as you read it. I will usually use the King James or Amplified Versions of Holy Scripture. Simply Scripture was the first thing God had me write back in 2003 and therefore is very close to my heart. I do hope you will find these studies a real blessing.
Are we ready.. well not yet.. we still have to go into the kitchen and get a cup of Coffee/tea or soft drink and also decide what cake to have or maybe not have.. hahahahaha.. well it's ok to have a cake.. this once.. but don't do it again!!!!!!...

God bless you

Your friend and co-worker

Keith

Faith in the Future

Hebrews 11

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

I wonder what comes to mind when you think of the word Faith.

What a word that is.. many definitions are given of it, but the ultimate one is given in the verses above and then in the rest of the great chapter we have various examples of how faith worked in action.

One of the things that Faith sees is the possible instead of the impossible. It says in Luke 1:37, that nothing is impossible with God and faith lines up with His promises. Faith is basically our thoughts lining up with God's. Do You think God thinks anything is too difficult for him to accomplish.. then neither should we.

Look at some of the things that God has accomplished for his people

He opened the Red Sea and River Jordan for them
He brought down the walls of Jericho
He shut the mouths of Lions and protected his saints in the fiery furnace.
He opened the doors of both Paul's and Peter's Prison Cells

Now how's your faith believer? You see it is not the amount of our faith, but simply who we place it in. Is anything too hard for the Lord?

The more you get to know the Father, the greater your faith will become. The first time you do something is always the hardest, so it is in the spiritual realm. God will never let us down, but we have to trust Him. Maybe you haven't given all your cares to God 1 Peter 5:7. Isn't it time you did?.. this is a command not an option

In verse 6, Faith is the essential element in salvation, but not only in salvation, but in the Christian life. We walk by Faith and Not by sight. When you become a Christian, you enter a new realm. You won't be able to see things as you did before, your life is not now in your hands, it is under the control of your heavenly Father and to say Jesus is Lord is the greatest act of Faith that anyone can say, because you are letting go of your life and handing it over to another. Have you done that yet believer? Have you said Jesus is Lord of My life?

Some Christians say.. well I haven't much faith. Jesus says in Matthew 17:

20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Now the Mustard seed is one of the smallest seeds you can get, but it accomplishes much. This is because when we put our faith in God, it is not the amount of our faith, it is who we put it in that counts. If I am preparing to do a parachute jump, I may be a trembling wreck waiting to jump, but I know that I have the correct equipment on that will get me safely to the ground. Like wise with Faith, we have God with us as we jump out in faith. We know that we will land safely, because we have God as our parachute. When jumping out of that plane, I have 100% confidence in that parachute, likewise I have 100% confidence in God

Faith is the tried and tested method, there is no other way to act, but in faith. Faith pleases God, because it shows you trust Him and allows Him to show what He can do in your life, it takes us out of the equation, you are saying 'here is this situation Lord, it's all up to you'

As I was thinking about faith, the Lord brought to mind the film Back to the Future 3. Doc and Marty are on the train and to get back to the future, he seeks to send the train over the canyon, which has no track.

This is like how we act in Faith, there is a chasm or canyon, which we have to get over and we cant see the way across, we only see the first few rails across the canyon, but the rest is just a yawning gap. When Doc in the film, was speeding the train towards the canyon, he had to go through obstacles, and likewise we have to burst through obstacles, such as doubt and fear and the best way to do this, is to exercise faith every day. The more faith is exercised, the stronger it becomes.. Doubt and fear are the enemies of Faith, but basically they are sin, because you are doubting.. God's ability to do something and He is able to do everything Ephesians 3:20

As soon as the train in the film, hits the canyon and goes over the first two rails, then the rest are put in place. You see believer when you launch out in faith, God does the rest. All he wants from you is that you act in faith, it shows God that you believe who He is and that he will reward them who diligently seek Him

We needn't go back to the future.. we need to look to the future with confidence, we need to go full steam ahead, knowing that when we act in faith, that activates God's power in our lives.

Are you ready to go full steam ahead and launch out in faith?

I hope this has been of help and encouragement to you

God Bless you

Keith

Please read the page on the site Called Links Page. This page contains many great links to my favourite music and also my favourit websites. Please take time to browse these websites

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... Links-Page
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word