To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

Hello My Dear Friends from Sunny Morecambe in the UK. I hope that you are blessed and rejoicing in Jesus. Being a Christian.. one who is in CHRIST, is the highest privilege in the world.. amen. Please share these devotions with all your friends, groups, churches and contacts.. let's get the WORD out into the world

Also take time to view some of the best articles on the web at.. changed every week.. come back often and tell your friends

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... =1_6_Gue...

Thanks and God bless you

Keith

All References are from the King James version unless stated otherwise

A Christian Is
Is a mind through which Christ Thinks
Is a heart through which Christ Lives
Is a voice through which Christ Speaks
Is a hand through which Christ helps

Thanks to Linda for allowing me to share this

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Psalm 24

3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

What a question this is for us as believers verse 3. Who indeed?
God is God of the whole person and so we must love Him with all of all heart, soul and strength. Here we have the four areas of our lives that we must have right to stand before God.
Our hands

This relates to our actions. Is everything we do to God's standards?. Is the way we treat people up to God's standard?
Actions speak louder than words they say, Jesus says by their fruits ye will know them. Can people tell you are a Christian just by the way you act and in your dealings with those around you?
Our heart
Is my/your heart right before the Lord? Proverbs 23:7 is a relevant verse here:

7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee

The condition of your heart defines your entire life. How is your heart condition believer?. Solomon gave this wise advice in Proverbs 4:23
23 Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life.
Are you keeping guard to what is going into your thoughts or have you let your guard down believer?. To Guard here means to set a guard and to be constantly aware of it's needs to be refreshed.

If you set a physical guard over your house and then never feed him/her, they would become weary and the strongman would break in, so it is with our spiritual life. So we don't become weary, we must feed on the spiritual food God has given us in his Word.

Our Mind

Have you lifted up your soul unto vanity or even become proud. One of the seven things that God hates is a proud look.

Humble yourself believer under the mighty hand of God and he will lift you up. One of the best ways to avoid pride is to know how Great and wonderful God is, when we see Him as awesome in majesty as he is, we soon lose our sense of our own importance.

Another way is to have a reverential fear of God. God is our friend of course, but he is Holy and must be treated as such

Proverbs 1

7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Our Mouths

Have we spoken things we shouldn't? James Chapter 3 has a lot to say about the tongue as does Proverbs, blessing and cursing should not be coming out of the same mouth. In Ephesians 4:29-32, it is made clear that this grieves the Holy Spirit.

Believer if you are in sin in any one of these areas, you can not stand before God and serve Him and receive his blessing.

But you can if you come in repentance to the foot of the cross and repent and turn from your sin and then God promises to bless you

Thank God we can ask for forgiveness and that God is faithful and just to forgive us and let us stand before him, so we can receive his blessing. 1 John 1:9

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

Psalm 133

1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
One of the greatest needs of the church today is to live in unity. I expect this devotion will be read by people in different denominations, and that is wonderful, as we are in the same business and work for the same Lord and Master. We were all saved by the same precious blood of the Lamb.. amen
It is a wonderful thing for the people of God to be in unity, it was after all the dearest wish of the Lord Jesus in John 17. It truly pleases the heart of God.

Jesus prays that his church would be unifed like he was and is with His Father.. so why aren't we?

The symbol of Aaron's beard here speaks of fragrance flowing down to all areas of God's people and indeed having a dynamic impact on the world. My brothers and sisters, if the world saw us living in unity, maybe it would take us seriously.

I know we have points of difference, but the devil does want to rip us apart and one of the ways is through disunity, so why do we let Him do it? The world does not really care about our doctrine, it sees churches spilt and doesn't ask the reason.

May we as a church be like Mount Hermon, the dew that fell on that mountain flowed out to the regions about it, may our unity touch the world, which is in complete disunity, and may we show forth the power and glory of God?
After all, In John 17, did Jesus mention anything about denominations?

The Lord shared this with me.. he said

His church is unique because of it's message
Unique because of it's love

But also in a world of disunity.. it is UNIQUE BECAUSE IT IS UNIFIED IN CHRIST.. AMEN

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening By CH Spurgeon

AM

"Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands." – Isaiah 49:16

No doubt a part of the wonder which is concentrated in the word "Behold," is excited by the unbelieving lamentation of the preceding sentence. Zion said, "The Lord hath forsaken me, and my God hath forgotten me." How amazed the divine mind seems to be at this wicked unbelief! What can be more astounding than the unfounded doubts and fears of God’s favoured people? The Lord’s loving word of rebuke should make us blush; he cries, "How can I have forgotten thee, when I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands? How darest thou doubt my constant remembrance, when the memorial is set upon my very flesh?" O unbelief, how strange a marvel thou art! We know not which most to wonder at, the faithfulness of God or the unbelief of his people. He keeps his promise a thousand times, and yet the next trial makes us doubt him. He never faileth; he is never a dry well; he is never as a setting sun, a passing meteor, or a melting vapour; and yet we are as continually vexed with anxieties, molested with suspicions, and disturbed with fears, as if our God were the mirage of the desert. "Behold," is a word intended to excite admiration. Here, indeed, we have a theme for marvelling. Heaven and earth may well be astonished that rebels should obtain so great a nearness to the heart of infinite love as to be written upon the palms of his hands. "I have graven thee."It does not say, "Thy name." The name is there, but that is not all: "I have graven thee." See the fulness of this! I have graven thy person, thine image, thy case, thy circumstances, thy sins, thy temptations, thy weaknesses, thy wants, thy works; I have graven thee, everything about thee, all that concerns thee; I have put thee altogether there. Wilt thou ever say again that thy God hath forsaken thee when he has graven thee upon his own palms?

PM

"Get thee up into the high mountain." – Isaiah 40:9

Each believer should be thirsting for God, for the living God, and longing to climb the hill of the Lord, and see him face to face. We ought not to rest content in the mists of the valley when the summit of Tabor awaits us. My soul thirsteth to drink deep of the cup which is reserved for those who reach the mountain’s brow, and bathe their brows in heaven. How pure are the dews of the hills, how fresh is the mountain air, how rich the fare of the dwellers aloft, whose windows look into the New Jerusalem! Many saints are content to live like men in coal mines, who see not the sun; they eat dust like the serpent when they might taste the ambrosial meat of angels; they are content to wear the miner’s garb when they might put on king’s robes; tears mar their faces when they might anoint them with celestial oil. Satisfied I am that many a believer pines in a dungeon when he might walk on the palace roof, and view the goodly land and Lebanon. Rouse thee, O believer, from thy low condition! Cast away thy sloth, thy lethargy, thy coldness, or whatever interferes with thy chaste and pure love to Christ, thy soul’s Husband. Make him the source, the centre, and the circumference of all thy soul’s range of delight. What enchants thee into such folly as to remain in a pit when thou mayst sit on a throne? Live not in the lowlands of bondage now that mountain liberty is conferred upon thee. Rest no longer satisfied with thy dwarfish attainments, but press forward to things more sublime and heavenly. Aspire to a higher, a nobler, a fuller life. Upward to heaven! Nearer to God!

"When wilt thou come unto me, Lord?
Oh come, my Lord most dear!
Come near, come nearer, nearer still,
I’m blest when thou art near."
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word