To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Spirit Steps Acts 2:1-4

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Spirit Steps Acts 2:1-4

Postby totallylovedbygod » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:19 am

Welcome to Spirit Steps

Are you keeping up?. We are starting chapter2.. things are quickening up.. the Holy Spirit is about to be poured out. The world will never be the same.. amen. I hope you will share these messages with all your friends

God bless you

Keith

Acts 2

1 AND WHEN the day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all assembled together in one place,
2 When suddenly there came a sound from heaven like the rushing of a violent tempest blast, and it filled the whole house in which they were sitting.
3 And there appeared to them tongues resembling fire, which were separated and distributed and which settled on each one of them.
4 And they were all filled (diffused throughout their souls) with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other (different, foreign) languages (tongues), as the Spirit [a]kept giving them clear and loud expression [in each tongue in appropriate words].

Jesus had told the apostles that they were going to take His gospel to the ends of the earth, and this is the start of the story
Let me share some things from this passage that will help us as we together seek to serve God and make him known in our area of his vineyard.

In Verse 1, the apostles did everything to make sure the Holy Spirit could work in their lives. They were together in one place and united.

There is no talk here of division, either in doctrinal or personal terms. There are no competing ego's or strong personalities seeking to put themselves forward, if this had been the case, then the Holy Spirit, would not of come in such power, as He can't work in such circumstances.

Church, this is still the case. The Holy Spirit, can't work in power, if His Church is not in unity. If there are petty factions within your church, then this is hindering or even stopping the work of the Holy Spirit.

In verse 2, it says the Holy Spirit came suddenly. You know my brothers and sisters, we do not know when and where the Holy Spirit will work, but we know He is working all over the World, every minute probably 3 people are being saved.

When the Holy Spirit came in power and gave the Gift of tongues to the Disciples in verses 2-3, did they all receive the same dialect to speak in? No of course not and this reminds me of the verse in 1 Corinthians 12:

1 Corinthians 12:4 (King James Version)

4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

I don't think the disciples argued about these gifts, just imagine if one of the languages spoken on that day, there were twice as many people who spoke that language in the crowd as the others, this would of led to arguments, well it would in the Modern church, now wouldn't it?

In Verse 4, it says that they were filled. When the Holy Spirit touches the believer with His power, he doesn't just half fill them, he fills them right to the brim with boldness and power. Note also that it was the Spirit that gave them utterance and also that it was only after they were filled with the Holy Spirit, that they started to speak.

Christian don't speak without the infilling and anointed power of the Holy Spirit. It is yours for the asking, you just have to ask for it. God will touch your life, just ask to be filled.

You may say well God fills me automatically. Well when your car needs petrol/gas, does it make it's own way to the gas station?. No it has someone to put the gas into it. When we ask God, he supplies the power for us to operate in.

So for the Holy Spirit to work, we have to be united first and foremost, all of us in our church situations, must be living in Unity and walking the love walk with other believers.

In the first group of Christians, there were some pretty big ego's, such as Peter, but they had their flesh crucified, because they wanted to see Jesus lifted high.

Do you and your church want to see Jesus lifted High?

Do you want to see the Holy Spirit work in power?

God bless you

Yours in Christ

Keith

Please read the Guest Page on site.. some of the very best articles on the web.. these are changed weekly.. so please come back often

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... Guest-Page
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word