To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

GOOD NEWS NOONDAY DEVOTION

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

GOOD NEWS NOONDAY DEVOTION

Postby totallylovedbygod » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:40 am

Happy and blessed Resurrection weekend to you all

This devotion contains the greatest news.... ever. Are you ready?

What a joy to share this devotion with you. May you all be blessed, challenged and encouraged by it.

This Noonday Devotion is a departure from the usual. Instead of containing two devotions from CH Spurgeon, it contains two poems from Bob Gotti. The Lord said to place these poems on here, so just obeying his instructions.. after all he knows best.. amen

Jesus is so wonderful, through his death, we are set free from the power of sin and brought back into fellowship with God. Through his glorious Resurrection, death is defeated. As the song by Ray Boltz says.. it is ONE DROP OF BLOOD..the precious blood of JESUS that cleanses us from all sin. Please read to the end of these devotions, for the most exciting news ever.

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... =1_4_Jes...

Noonday Devotion By Keith

Devotion 1

John 19
30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
This is my favourite time of the year. Not just because spring is here, but because we can celebrate.. yes celebrate the death of Jesus and His Resurrection from the Dead.
These three small words in the verse above are some of the most awesome words even spoken.
They signify something absolutely extraordinary, something that defies description.
They were the final words of Jesus on the cross and they weren't words of despair.
They were the words of Victory, words of power and words that set many free. They signify the death nail for sin, death and Satan. The final nail had not been put in Jesus.. it had been put into the devil and all his works. I just love Colossians 2:11-15, Jesus had made a public exhibition of all the power of sin and death.

The bridge had been built. Sinful men could now approach a Holy God, because it was finished. The supreme work of redemption had been done.. The Perfect Lamb had been slain.. God the Father was satisfied... Jesus had acted as our substitute.
Let me share one more thing.. During the time of Darkness over the earth.. that three hours.. God poured out his anger.. his righteous anger on His beloved Son.. all of God's anger was poured out upon Jesus.. and this was meant for us.

The veil of the temple, had also been torn in 2. This was the holiest place.. once a year, the high priest could enter through that veil into the Holy of holies to place the blood of a perfect lamb on the altar for the sins of the people, but now we have access through the veil into that place.. amen. Hebrews 10:19-25.

The veil was heavy, it was at least 6 feet high and was very heavy.. no man could of torn it in two.. but God did

The Cross of Calvary is and always will be the place of Greatest mercy.. it is where God showed mercy in abundance to unworthy sinners, but to do that , it had to be the place where God was merciless to His own Beloved Son. I cannot imagine the heart of God at this time, what Jesus went through for us, was totally amazing and just beyond words, but he had to face separation from His Father and the full force of God's righteous anger.. which we should of had and which we deserved.
A perfect and pure sacrifice was needed.. Just like the ram in Genesis 22.. one was provided.. Jesus.. God's precious Son.. It cost Jesus his life and broke the heart of His Father.. but they were prepared to do it for us.
Believer in light of this sacrifice, mine and your only response is to bow and weep and offer our lives as a living sacrifice to God.. amen?
If it isn't then you need to re-assess your so called Christianity and repent?

For those of you, who are reading this and aren't saved yet.. what is your response?.. please read on and find out how you can trust Jesus for yourself

Please read Isaiah 53

Keith

Devotion 2
Matthew 28

6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

What an awesome invitation?
To everyone who comes to the tombs of all the great leaders and philosophers of History, you will find their bones and lots of pilgrims who come to view the bones and memorials to their leaders etc.
But in the case of Jesus, it is different!!!!!. Outside the tomb of Jesus, is a sign that says ' he is not here..HE IS ALIVE'
The difference between Christianity and every other faith, is that we worship and treasure someone who is NOT DEAD. He rose from the grave.. indeed he did more than rise from the grave.. he destroyed and defeated death itself. Death indeed is the final frontier for us, but Jesus has been there and it has no power over HIM and likewise over men and women who trust in the risen Saviour.

Paul puts it eloquently In 1 Corinthians 15
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

JESUS IS ALIVE

God Bless you

Keith

He Brings Salvation

It is God alone, who brings, Salvation in The King of kings,
He is the very Lord of lords, whom to all the world affords,
God’s Gift of Eternal Life, through the Savior, Jesus Christ,
Offering to all a second birth, to every willing soul on earth.

For God alone is The One, Who sent to earth His Only Son,
Who set aside His Majesty, to live on earth for you and me,
Coming to earth as a child, born in a stable, meek and mild,
Starting in that lowly place; was for us, God’s gift of Grace.

The vessel of how we are saved, from a world so depraved,
In a world dark as the night, Christ became this world’s light,
The center of salvation’s plan, isn’t us, but, The Son of Man,
Sent to earth by God’s Grace, to save the entire human race.

With mankind the focus of, the Lord God’s unmatched Love,
A Love offering all we need, as Christ alone would intercede,
For sinners such as you and I, when He came to earth to die,
Paying God’s Supreme Price, becoming for all His Sacrifice.

From His death He would rise, to His throne above the skies,
And here on earth as we believe, God’s Salvation we receive,
As the only work required of us, is to in Christ place our trust,
For it’s all God’s work of Grace, when I come to Him by faith.

(Copyright ©12/2009 Bob Gotti)

The Resurrection Changes Everything

The Resurrection changes everything, through the power of Jesus Christ,
As Christ becomes our Lord and King, giving all Believers brand new life.
To Him we lift up our praise and sing, for us He came to be our sacrifice,
Christ destroyed death with its sting, and prepared us a place in Paradise.

This change begins first in our heart, when in Jesus Christ we do believe,
Then from Heaven Christ will impart, His Spirit, for all believers to receive.
From our being, Christ will not depart, as new life in us He does conceive,
In The Savior change has its start; by the Resurrection new life is achieved.

Through God’s Resurrection power, Jesus Christ’s body could not remain,
And believers live each day and hour, New Life through the Savior’s name.
As new life on us Christ shall shower, we no longer live our lives the same,
Now living for Him we do not cower, through Christ’s Resurrection change,

In the power of Christ’s Resurrection, believers now live life the narrow way,
A new life that was not our selection, but we live for Christ now day to day.
We’ve been called through His election, no matter what other men may say,
And ordained by God a new direction, upon a course, Christ helps us stay.

Friend, everything is changed by God, when New Life in Christ has begun,
As we live life upon this earthly sod, all believers live to Glorify God’s Son,
Lead by Christ every step we trod, we become God’s witness to everyone,
Guided by The Lord’s staff and rod, until our work upon this earth is done.

(Copyright ©04/2007 Bob Gotti)

Yes Dear friends. The cross of Calvary and the empty tomb change everything

Man is now able to approach a HOLY GOD, because of the sacrifice of Jesus .

He was the perfect sacrifice.. Pure and Holy.. Jesus took your penalty, because he was the substitute who took upon himself.. your sin and mine.

If you wish to receive Jesus as Saviour

Then Just follow these three easy steps

A- Admit you are sinner and in need of God's forgiveness Romans 3:23
B- Believe that Jesus died for you Acts 16:30-31
C- Confess Jesus is Lord Romans 10:9

I would encourage you to go to this website

http://www.billygraham.org/SH_HowtobecomeaChristian.asp

Or please feel free to contact me, and I would be happy to help you

God bless you

Keith
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

POO
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Great

Postby POO » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:54 am

Thanks Keith. This old story ever amazing.
Patrick Oben, MD

Hosting Gracious Words of Christ(GWC) conf. call
No: 916-233-2999( UK dial 0844 316 0103). Access code 687706#. Saturday: 6pm, Sunday 8pm, EST

Return to Encouragement from the Word