To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Holy Week Simply Scripture

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Holy Week Simply Scripture

Postby totallylovedbygod » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:52 am

Welcome to a special Simply Scripture

This one tells of the greatest gift ever. Please take time to consider this gift.. your attitude to the gift.. will define where you will spend eternity.

God bless you

Keith

The Greatest Gift

This is my favorite time of the whole year, it is a time of glory and triumph. Truly this is the time that changed the world.

As we prepare to celebrate the sacrifice of our Lord, let us look at the things Jesus purchased for us on the cross of Calvary and by rising from the dead.
We have so much to be thankful for, among the many things the Lord has given, these are the best.

Life

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Life was stolen from man at the Garden of Eden, man died spiritually at that point, but now because of the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, we are truly alive, and we don't just have life in the ordinary sense of the word. This is a life that is full of joy, that makes you happy from the top of your head to the tip of your toes. It gives you something deep down on the inside that the world cannot take away nor can it give.

Light

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life

Not only do we have life, that no one can take away, but we have the light of Life. Jesus was the light of the world, and here he is saying that we have the same light he does. That is just amazing. We have this treasure in earthen vessels, it is almost impossible for us to comprehend this gift, but that is what it is. We also have the privilege of letting this light, shine before this world.

Peace

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid

We live in a world that is desperately seeking peace. People are trying literally anything, but the one thing that can and does bring real peace is a relationship with God. The cross of Calvary, was the way that God made his peace with Man, who had torn apart his relationship with God and had done nothing to repair it and couldn't repair it. God took the initiative and came to bring his creation, back in union with Him. When we have this relationship with the Lord, we can live in peace with our fellow man, at peace with ourselves and most importantly you have peace with God.

Forgiveness
Luke 5:24 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy), I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine house.

The Lord Jesus, not only was able to forgive people's sins on earth, he is the reason that man can be forgiven. The only reason that people can be forgiven is because of the shed blood of Jesus on the cross. The apostle John, who watched the whole crucifixion, said these wonderful words in 1 John Ch 1:7-Ch 2:2

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 2

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

He was and still is the perfect sacrifice, once and for all. Behold the spotless Lamb of God, who gives Life, light, peace and forgiveness to all who come to him. May you at this resurrection weekend come to trust Him as your precious Savior and Lord, if you haven't already.

Jesus died and rose again, for you. If there was just one of his creation, who lost his relationship with the Father, then Jesus, would have done the same thing.

What Jesus did for you, so many years ago, was to purchase your freedom and give you the keys to life.

Are you going to accept the free gift?

Keith

Please view the wonderful page on site.. called Salvation Focus

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... =1_2_-Sa...
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:04 am

Return to Encouragement from the Word