To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Spirit Steps Acts 1:12-14

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Spirit Steps Acts 1:12-14

Postby totallylovedbygod » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:19 pm

Welcome To Spirit Steps

Well we are getting into this study, and I hope you are enjoying this as much as I am writing it. Please continue to keep visiting the new website at

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... s-is-Alive

Thanks

Keith

Acts 1:12-14

12 Then [the disciples] went back to Jerusalem from the hill called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, [only] a Sabbath day's journey (three-quarters of a mile) away.
13 And when they had entered [the city], they mounted [the stairs] to the upper room where they were [[d]indefinitely] staying--Peter and John and James and Andrew; Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew; James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas [son] of James.
14 All of these with their minds in full agreement devoted themselves steadfastly to prayer, [waiting together] with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.
The disciples had been promised the Holy Spirit. Jesus had given his word and therefore they went back and waited.
So often when we receive a word from God and have his promise, but we do not want to wait patiently for it's fulfillment.

How often instead of waiting patiently for God to act out his promise, do we rush around trying to make it happen?
The disciples did not try and force God's hand on the coming of the Holy Spirit.. this shows me two things.
That they had complete trust that when God said something.. it would happen. God is never late with anything and never ever breaks a promise.
Secondly they were focused.. they went back to their room and prayed and waited. Do we do this? Are we prepared to wait in God's waiting room?
God finally sent the Holy Spirit to them and endued them with great power. But one of the things before the Holy spirit can come in all it's fullness, is that all the brethren were of the same mind, they were in full agreement. God will not work in an individual believer's life or in the life of a church if there is strife and discord there. Where there is strife there is every evil thing.
People say that women have no role in the church today.. well verse 14 makes it clear that women were present at this time and probably on the day of Pentecost.. God promised in Joel chapter 2 to pour out his Spirit on:
28 And afterward I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.
29 Even upon the menservants and upon the maidservants in those days will I pour out My Spirit.
God Will call women to serve Him in whatever capacity HE sees fit.. if that is in the role of a pastor.. who are we to say God is wrong. God gives out ministries and gifts at his choosing not ours.. maybe this is one of the reasons.. Why God doesn't pour out his Spirit on us now.. we are telling HIM how to do things.
Brethren we are his servants, God is not ours.
When we get back to the basics of being in Unity, being steadfast in prayer and allowing God to be God and waiting on Him. That is the right environment for God to pour out his revival blessing.
I hope you are blessed by this
God Bless you

Keith
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

pkwd1
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

What does the Bible teach?

Postby pkwd1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:19 pm

Timothy and Titus points out clearly the requirements of a pastor. I know that this is conraversal among churches and even individuals. We do not put the requirements who should and should not do things, but rather it is the power of the Holy Spirit through the book he has given. What do I believe? No not getting into that debate! But we need to follow our conscious and our hearts to what the Bible teaches us. Just a thought!

Oh, and beutifully writen

Phil b
I would love to go to the next level and to Encourage Others.
Please give me constructive helpful hints to send me to the next level. I am cool man!!!

Return to Encouragement from the Word