To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:16 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

What a great joy it is to share with you once again.. I hope your faith is strong and that you are praising and rejoicing in hope and love towards God and towards your fellow brethren.

Please share these devotions with all your friends and contacts, so that the word of God goes out into every nation.

Please also take time to view the website

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/

Thanks Everyone

God bless you

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Colossians chapter 1

8 Who also declared unto us your love in the Spirit.

Paul is in the middle of a great discourse, this is just awesome and I just want to share this verse with you.

Dear Epaphras who was a friend of Paul's was sent to this church, to find out what is was like.

I would like to ask the question. What would be the lasting impression if someone came to your church or fellowship,or even if they spent a few days around you?

We have had 5 students from Capernwray Hall bible school helping us at Heysham Free Methodist over the past few days.. I wonder what their lasting impression is.. I know that I speak for them.. they would say that although we have our faults.. the church at Heysham was full of love.

Would your life or church have at it's core, the most essential feature, and that is love.

The christian church is different from any other grouping, it's foundation is love,it's lifeblood is love.

We are told to love, not just those of our own church, but our brothers and sisters in every church, and not just in word either, but in deed and action.

Please read 1 John 4:20.This says it all

Let us show the world, that we are Christians who love with passion and truth. Loving every brother and sister in the Spirit and accepting them as dearly beloved in Christ.

If a stranger visited your church on any given Sunday.. what would their lasting impression be?. People say that they chose to return to a church in the first 5 minutes of entering it.. so first impressions really count.. what first impression does your church give?

Devotion 2

Philippians 1

3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,

4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy,

9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.

11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Two questions spring to mind, when reading these verses.
Do we thank God at the remembrance of every believer.. maybe there is someone in your church that you don't hit it off with. vs 3-4
What Paul has saying here is that every time these believers came to mind.. he thanked God for them and he prayed for them, the next time that person is brought to mind who you don't see eye to eye with.. pray for them and thank God for them.
These early believers were so blessed.. Do we pray for others like this? Paul prayed for their love to grow and abound so much and that they would be filled with the fruits of righteousness . Vs 9-11
Let us love, think of and pray for all our brethren like Paul did and indeed like Jesus commanded us too.. because if we don't then that is direct disobedience to the precious word of God.

Romans 12
9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another

So let us love and pray for all our brethren.

I hope you can answer the two questions.. firstly do we love all our brethren and secondly.. do we pray for them like Paul did?

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon
AM
"His bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob." – Genesis 49:24
That strength which God gives to his Josephs is real strength; it is not a boasted valour, a fiction, a thing of which men talk, but which ends in smoke; it is true-divine strength. Why does Joseph stand against temptation? Because God gives him aid. There is nought that we can do without the power of God. All true strength comes from "the mighty God of Jacob." Notice in what a blessedly familiar way God gives this strength to Joseph-"The arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob." Thus God is represented as putting his hands on Joseph’s hands, placing his arms on Joseph’s arms. Like as a father teaches his children, so the Lord teaches them that fear him. He puts his arms upon them. Marvellous condescension! God Almighty, Eternal, Omnipotent, stoops from his throne and lays his hand upon the child’s hand, stretching his arm upon the arm of Joseph, that he may be made strong! This strength was also covenant strength, for it is ascribed to "the mighty God of Jacob." Now, wherever you read of the God of Jacob in the Bible, you should remember the covenant with Jacob. Christians love to think of God’s covenant. All the power, all the grace, all the blessings, all the mercies, all the comforts, all the things we have, flow to us from the well-head, through the covenant. If there were no covenant, then we should fail indeed; for all grace proceeds from it, as light and heat from the sun. No angels ascend or descend, save upon that ladder which Jacob saw, at the top of which stood a covenant God. Christian, it may be that the archers have sorely grieved you, and shot at you, and wounded you, but still your bow abides in strength; be sure, then, to ascribe all the glory to Jacob’s God.
PM

"Whereas the Lord was there." – Ezekiel 35:10
Edom’s princes saw the whole country left desolate, and counted upon its easy conquest; but there was one great difficulty in their way-quite unknown to them-"The Lord was there"; and in his presence lay the special security of the chosen land. Whatever may be the machinations and devices of the enemies of God’s people, there is still the same effectual barrier to thwart their design. The saints are God’s heritage, and he is in the midst of them, and will protect his own. What comfort this assurance yields us in our troubles and spiritual conflicts! We are constantly opposed, and yet perpetually preserved! How often Satan shoots his arrows against our faith, but our faith defies the power of hell’s fiery darts; they are not only turned aside, but they are quenched upon its shield, for "the Lord is there." Our good works are the subjects of Satan’s attacks. A saint never yet had a virtue or a grace which was not the target for hellish bullets: whether it was hope bright and sparkling, or love warm and fervent, or patience all-enduring, or zeal flaming like coals of fire, the old enemy of everything that is good has tried to destroy it. The only reason why anything virtuous or lovely survives in us is this, "the Lord is there."

If the Lord be with us through life, we need not fear for our dying confidence; for when we come to die, we shall find that "the Lord is there"; where the billows are most tempestuous, and the water is most chill, we shall feel the bottom, and know that it is good: our feet shall stand upon the Rock of Ages when time is passing away. Beloved, from the first of a Christian’s life to the last, the only reason why he does not perish is because "the Lord is there." When the God of everlasting love shall change and leave his elect to perish, then may the Church of God be destroyed; but not till then, because it is written, JEHOVAH SHAMMAH, "The Lord is there."
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

pkwd1
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

A good word

Postby pkwd1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:34 pm

Good Word Thanks
I would love to go to the next level and to Encourage Others.
Please give me constructive helpful hints to send me to the next level. I am cool man!!!

Return to Encouragement from the Word