To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:35 pm

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

What a great joy it is to share with you once again. I do hope you will be blessed by these devotions and that you would share them with all your friends.

Please take time to visit the website

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... tion-Focus

Thanks

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Isaiah 64

6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Of all the things the true Christian thinks about himself, this must have a very high priority.

Every true believer who is born of God, knows that he/she is saved by one thing and one thing alone and that is the shed blood of their precious Saviour.. Jesus... shed on the cross of Calvary.

They know that God only accepts them, because of the finished work of Calvary.. they have no righteousness of their own.

Paul the great apostle, who had more right than most to claim righteousness for himself see Philippians Chapter 3:1-6, said Oh wretched Man that I am and he also called Himself the chief of sinners. If Paul said that about himself, then surely we, who are nowhere near where Paul was in Christian maturity, should echo his words

Isaiah here says our righteousness is like filthy rags, this means all our human effort, all our good works.. are to God like filthy rags. Rags that are filthy are thrown away, they are of no real use to anybody.

So what is our righteousness, well it is Jesus.. he alone is our righteousness.. he alone is the reason we as believers can come before God with boldness Hebrews 10:19-22.

Because of Jesus, we can be called his Brothers and Friends, JESUS has given us the right to become the Children of God. John 1:12

All our efforts are of no effect, we cannot get to God, but Jesus made a way, through the veil that is His flesh.

We are the righteousness of God in Christ.

As the hymn writer put it

His righteousness is my only Plea.. amen
Is this your prayer?

Devotion 2

Acts 26

22Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

23That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

I just love the Apostle Paul

He didn't care who he preached too. It could be to great people as here he was sharing with Agrippa, Felix and Bernice or to small so called insignificant people

They all came alike to Him.. whoever he was sharing his faith with.. he shared one thing and that was the one Moses and all the prophets had foretold.

That one was Jesus.. all he talked about was Jesus

Have I/you got the same passion that Paul had?

Do we constantly talk about Jesus?

Now we maybe wont get the chance to talk to kings about Jesus.. but when we share our faith.. we must treat everyone we share it with, like they are a king or queen. We are given this unique opportunity of Sharing our faith with that particular person.. that is an awesome privilege and also awesome responsibility.

May we all seek to share the gospel in the power of the Spirit and to uplift our wonderful Saviour

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon
AM
"Yea, he is altogether lovely." – Song of Solomon 5:16
The superlative beauty of Jesus is all-attracting; it is not so much to be admired as to be loved. He is more than pleasant and fair, he is lovely. Surely the people of God can fully justify the use of this golden word, for he is the object of their warmest love, a love founded on the intrinsic excellence of his person, the complete perfection of his charms. Look, O disciples of Jesus, to your Master’s lips, and say, "Are they not most sweet?" Do not his words cause your hearts to burn within you as he talks with you by the way? Ye worshippers of Immanuel, look up to his head of much fine gold, and tell me, are not his thoughts precious unto you? Is not your adoration sweetened with affection as ye humbly bow before that countenance which is as Lebanon, excellent as the cedars? Is there not a charm in his every feature, and is not his whole person fragrant with such a savour of his good ointments, that therefore the virgins love him? Is there one member of his glorious body which is not attractive?-one portion of his person which is not a fresh lodestone to our souls?-one office which is not a strong cord to bind your heart? Our love is not as a seal set upon his heart of love alone; it is fastened upon his arm of power also; nor is there a single part of him upon which it does not fix itself. We anoint his whole person with the sweet spikenard of our fervent love. His whole life we would imitate; his whole character we would transcribe. In all other beings we see some lack, in him there is all perfection. The best even of his favoured saints have had blots upon their garments and wrinkles upon their brows; he is nothing but loveliness. All earthly suns have their spots: the fair world itself hath its wilderness; we cannot love the whole of the most lovely thing; but Christ Jesus is gold without alloy-light without darkness-glory without cloud-"Yea, he is altogether lovely."
PM

"Thou hast left thy first love." – Revelation 2:4

Ever to be remembered is that best and brightest of hours, when first we saw the Lord, lost our burden, received the roll of promise, rejoiced in full salvation, and went on our way in peace. It was spring time in the soul; the winter was past; the mutterings of Sinai’s thunders were hushed; the flashings of its lightnings were no more perceived; God was beheld as reconciled; the law threatened no vengeance, justice demanded no punishment. Then the flowers appeared in our heart; hope, love, peace, and patience sprung from the sod; the hyacinth of repentance, the snowdrop of pure holiness, the crocus of golden faith, the daffodil of early love, all decked the garden of the soul. The time of the singing of birds was come, and we rejoiced with thanksgiving; we magnified the holy name of our forgiving God, and our resolve was, "Lord, I am thine, wholly thine; all I am, and all I have, I would devote to thee. Thou hast bought me with thy blood-let me spend myself and be spent in thy service. In life and in death let me be consecrated to thee." How have we kept this resolve? Our espousal love burned with a holy flame of devoutedness to Jesus-is it the same now? Might not Jesus well say to us, "I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love"? Alas! it is but little we have done for our Master’s glory. Our winter has lasted all too long. We are as cold as ice when we should feel a summer’s glow and bloom with sacred flowers. We give to God pence when he deserveth pounds, nay, deserveth our heart’s blood to be coined in the service of his church and of his truth. But shall we continue thus? O Lord, after thou hast so richly blessed us, shall we be ungrateful and become indifferent to thy good cause and work? O quicken us that we may return to our first love, and do our first works! Send us a genial spring, O Sun of Righteousness.
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

pkwd1
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

A Good Word

Postby pkwd1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:40 pm

You give a good Word of encouragement
I would love to go to the next level and to Encourage Others.
Please give me constructive helpful hints to send me to the next level. I am cool man!!!

Return to Encouragement from the Word