To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

What a joy it is to share with you again.. it is the greatest privilege to receive from God from his word and then to share it with others. I would encourage you to dig into God's word.. because God wants to share things with you that will blow your mind. Please pass these devotions on and take time to view my website at.. especially the prayer page.. which has many beautiful prayers on it..link is below

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... rayer-Page

Thanks for reading

God bless

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Jeremiah 7

28 But thou shalt say unto them, This is a nation that obeyeth not the voice of the LORD their God, nor receiveth correction: truth is perished, and is cut off from their mouth.

I wonder if this describes your Nation.

I certainly know it describes mine.. Great Britain

The Lord is saying to Jeremiah, that he must say to the people that this is the situation....they are disobedient and far away from God.

He had to be blunt, he had to pull no punches about the tragic situation the children of Israel were in.

You know my brothers and Sisters, surely this is what the Lord wants us to do, to stand up and say THUS SAYEST THE LORD

The time for not speaking out is now past, it is truly time to wake up. Before any country can change, the church needs to change. Judgement and change within a community and country starts in the church.

We need to be changed into glowing beacons for God, ones that will stand out for Him, speak for Him and glorify HIM, only then will our nations be changed as they see the reflective Glory of God living in us and then they seek it for themselves.

It is time my brothers and sisters to live for God like never before.. amen

To live every day if it were our last. amen

Jim Elliott Said ' He is no fool, who loses what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose'

Do I hear an amen?

Devotion 2

Malachi 1

6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?

The Lord asks several questions here in this verse and again, he pulls no punches.

He asks if he is a Father, then where is his Honour?. Children usually reflect their parents and try to bring honour unto them.

Let me ask you as I also ask myself.. Do you seek to bring Honour and Blessing unto your Heavenly Father?

Do my actions, Do my words, Do my thoughts and Do my motives bring honour unto our Heavenly Father?

Does what I watch on the TV or at the cinema bring glory unto God? . Does what we listen to in music bring glory unto God?. Would you let Jesus listen to anything we listen to in these realms. Are there things in your cd cabinet/video cabinet christian that need to be thrown in the trash, because they are dishonouring to God. Let me say this.. I have gone through this process myself and do not say these words lightly.. indeed I believe this is what God is saying to his church today.. any idol.. anything that stops and prevents us from getting closer to God himself.. must be ditched.. it may be good.. but is not the best and that is intimate fellowship with God himself.

The Lord asks.. where is my fear?

It is good to remember who our Master is.. amen. Although we aren't to be frightened of God.. we must have a reverential fear of God..that means we must seek not to sin, because we know how Holy and Pure God is and what an affront, sin is to Him

The final part of the verse is addressed to his priests, today it would be addressed to any in the five fold ministry. as we read further on in this chapter , we see some of the ways God's name is being despised vs 7-14.

A word to all who serve in these capacities, let us examine ourselves in the light of these verses. The Lord looks very hard at people who serve the body of Christ, they are under his close scrutiny and examination.

Let us never despise the things of God.. let us hold true to them.. may they be always precious to us

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

"The eternal God is thy refuge." – Deuteronomy 22:27
The word refuge may be translated "mansion," or "abiding- place," which gives the thought that God is our abode, our home. There is a fulness and sweetness in the metaphor, for dear to our hearts is our home, although it be the humblest cottage, or the scantiest garret; and dearer far is our blessed God, in whom we live, and move, and have our being. It is at home that we feel safe: we shut the world out and dwell in quiet security. So when we are with our God we "fear no evil." He is our shelter and retreat, our abiding refuge. At home, we take our rest; it is there we find repose after the fatigue and toil of the day. And so our hearts find rest in God, when, wearied with life’s conflict, we turn to him, and our soul dwells at ease. At home, also, we let our hearts loose; we are not afraid of being misunderstood, nor of our words being misconstrued. So when we are with God we can commune freely with him, laying open all our hidden desires; for if the "secret of the Lord is with them that fear him," the secrets of them that fear him ought to be, and must be, with their Lord. Home, too, is the place of our truest and purest happiness: and it is in God that our hearts find their deepest delight. We have joy in him which far surpasses all other joy. It is also for home that we work and labour. The thought of it gives strength to bear the daily burden, and quickens the fingers to perform the task; and in this sense we may also say that God is our home. Love to him strengthens us. We think of him in the person of his dear Son; and a glimpse of the suffering face of the Redeemer constrains us to labour in his cause. We feel that we must work, for we have brethren yet to be saved, and we have our Father’s heart to make glad by bringing home his wandering sons; we would fill with holy mirth the sacred family among whom we dwell. Happy are those who have thus the God of Jacob for their refuge!

PM

"O that I knew where I might find him!" – Job 23:3

In Job’s uttermost extremity he cried after the Lord. The longing desire of an afflicted child of God is once more to see his Father’s face. His first prayer is not "O that I might be healed of the disease which now festers in every part of my body!" nor even "O that I might see my children restored from the jaws of the grave, and my property once more brought from the hand of the spoiler!" but the first and uppermost cry is, "O that I knew where I might find HIM, who is my God! that I might come even to his seat!" God’s children run home when the storm comes on. It is the heaven-born instinct of a gracious soul to seek shelter from all ills beneath the wings of Jehovah. "He that hath made his refuge God," might serve as the title of a true believer. A hypocrite, when afflicted by God, resents the infliction, and, like a slave, would run from the Master who has scourged him; but not so the true heir of heaven, he kisses the hand which smote him, and seeks shelter from the rod in the bosom of the God who frowned upon him. Job’s desire to commune with God was intensified by the failure of all other sources of consolation. The patriarch turned away from his sorry friends, and looked up to the celestial throne, just as a traveller turns from his empty skin bottle, and betakes himself with all speed to the well. He bids farewell to earth-born hopes, and cries, "O that I knew where I might find my God!" Nothing teaches us so much the preciousness of the Creator, as when we learn the emptiness of all besides. Turning away with bitter scorn from earth’s hives, where we find no honey, but many sharp stings, we rejoice in him whose faithful word is sweeter than honey or the honeycomb. In every trouble we should first seek to realize God’s presence with us. Only let us enjoy his smile, and we can bear our daily cross with a willing heart for his dear sake
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word