To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Steering the Ship

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

writeheart
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Steering the Ship

Postby writeheart » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Our life is a ship. The helm steers the ship. One who navigates his lifeship aright fears the Master. On life’s seas a God-fearing person sails toward the portals of Heaven. In verse five the Hebrew word tachbulah comes from the word, chebel, a rope. This rope guided the ship. God gives us wise counsels in the way we conduct our lifeship.
As a sailor steers her lifeship, she gains knowledge of the Captain and His ways from His Logbook, the Bible.
This knowledge keeps her on course and steers her away from the wrong course. A wise woman chooses her shipmates carefully. She does not hang around with the pirates and the unruly. The God-fearing sailor knows that, while these pirates seek to enmesh others in their nets, they often entangle the sailors.
Stay away from the pirates. Do not follow their advice. Sailors who steer off course run into the shoals. “Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil” (Exo. 23:2). Say “No” when bad sailors entice you. Go the other way.
Listen to God. Those who hate knowledge and choose not the fear of the Lord will harvest the fruit of going the wrong way. It destroys them.
Those who heed God’s warnings shall dwell safely and be quiet from the fear of evil. Even in adverse circumstances, the tempest may rage all around them, but the Captain gives an inner peace.

Excerpt from Our Lifeship: Studies in Proverbs for Women
© 2008 Lynn Wallace; published by Ambassador-Emerald
See my bio, info about my book, articles, and more at www.writingfrommyheart.com

Ms. Barbie
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Ms. Barbie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:31 pm

Loved the analogy!

When positing your articles, it makes reading easier if you double space between paragraphs.

I am eager to read more! I love the ocean and anything related.
Barb Culler

totallylovedbygod

Excellent Sharing

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:51 pm

Thanks

Keith
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word