To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:48 pm

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

What an amazing privilege it is to share with you. Let me tell you a little about myself..

My name is Keith and I live in Morecambe, Lancashire, UK. My flat is one hundred yards from the sea and the best view in England. I am a single man. I have been married, but that sadly ended in divorce

Was called to a writing ministry in 2003 and into website ministry in 2007. My new Website is:
http://ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove

My church is Heysham Free Methodist Church of which I am happy to be a member. My Pastor is called Mark Johnstone . Please pray for us as we reach out to our local area. Website is www.hfmc.org.uk

Thanks

Keith

Devotion 1

Genesis 18

9 And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent.
10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him.
11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women.
12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?

The story of Faith as experienced by Abraham and Sarah is truly remarkable. They were promised by God that they would have a son in their old age.. they were nearly 100 after all.. surely a medical and physical impossibility.. but that is before you consider who made the promise to them.. God himself.

The constant in the story is the faithfulness of God. Once God promises you something, you will receive it. Maybe you will not receive it, in your time, but you will receive it at the right time, which is in God's perfect time frame.

Let me ask you, has God made a promise to you and have you laughed at it? Maybe not outwardly, but inside your mind and heart you have. Sarah did and as you read on in the story, you will discover that she couldn't hide it from God.

We can fool everyone else, but we can never fool God. He sees our hearts, our attitudes and our motives.

Believer, please do not laugh within yourself at God's promises. This shows you do not believe that God will deliver what he has promised. He will and does deliver to his children, what he promises.

Whatever God has promised you...do you believe He will give it to you?

When GOD does deliver his promises.. you will be laughing not with unbelief, but with joy and praise for his faithfulness.. amen

Devotion 2
Isaiah 59

1 Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

I wonder why we can't get through to God sometimes?

Verse 2 gives us the answer. Our sins are the reason, God will not hear us.

When it is cloudy and damp, is the sun still shining? Well Yes!. But it cannot penetrate the mass of clouds and likewise with God. If we have sin in our life, we are blocking out the sunshine of God's presence.

David that Great man of God experienced the loss of God's presence in his life. But he wrote great psalms of repentance such as Psalms 32 and 51.

The apostle John tells us in 1 John 1:7-2:2, that there is forgiveness and cleansing, when we admit our sin and come to the cross.

Let me finish with a question?

Are you experiencing the full sunshine of God's presence or are the clouds of sin blocking it out?

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

"Your heavenly Father." – Matthew 6:26

God’s people are doubly his children, they are his offspring by creation, and they are his sons by adoption in Christ. Hence they are privileged to call him, "Our Father which art in heaven." Father! Oh, what precious word is that. Here is authority: "If I be a Father, where is mine honour?" If ye be sons, where is your obedience? Here is affection mingled with authority; an authority which does not provoke rebellion; an obedience demanded which is most cheerfully rendered-which would not be withheld even if it might. The obedience which God’s children yield to him must be loving obedience. Do not go about the service of God as slaves to their taskmaster’s toil, but run in the way of his commands because it is your Father’s way. Yield your bodies as instruments of righteousness, because righteousness is your Father’s will, and his will should be the will of his child. Father!-Here is a kingly attribute so sweetly veiled in love, that the King’s crown is forgotten in the King’s face, and his sceptre becomes, not a rod of iron, but a silver sceptre of mercy-the sceptre indeed seems to be forgotten in the tender hand of him who wields it. Father!-Here is honour and love. How great is a Father’s love to his children! That which friendship cannot do, and mere benevolence will not attempt, a father’s heart and hand must do for his sons. They are his offspring, he must bless them; they are his children, he must show himself strong in their defence. If an earthly father watches over his children with unceasing love and care, how much more does our heavenly Father? Abba, Father! He who can say this, hath uttered better music than cherubim or seraphim can reach. There is heaven in the depth of that word-Father! There is all I can ask; all my necessities can demand; all my wishes can desire. I have all in all to all eternity when I can say, "Father."
PM
"Then Ahimaaz ran by the way of the plain, and overran Cushi." – II Samuel 18:23

Running is not everything, there is much in the way which we select: a swift foot over hill and down dale will not keep pace with a slower traveller upon level ground. How is it with my spiritual journey, am I labouring up the hill of my own works and down into the ravines of my own humiliations and resolutions, or do I run by the plain way of "Believe and live"? How blessed is it to wait upon the Lord by faith! The soul runs without weariness, and walks without fainting, in the way of believing. Christ Jesus is the way of life, and he is a plain way, a pleasant way, a way suitable for the tottering feet and feeble knees of trembling sinners: am I found in this way, or am I hunting after another track such as priestcraft or metaphysics may promise me? I read of the way of holiness, that the wayfaring man, though a fool, shall not err therein: have I been delivered from proud reason and been brought as a little child to rest in Jesus’ love and blood? If so, by God’s grace I shall outrun the strongest runner who chooses any other path. This truth I may remember to my profit in my daily cares and needs. It will be my wisest course to go at once to my God, and not to wander in a roundabout manner to this friend and that. He knows my wants and can relieve them, to whom should I repair but to himself by the direct appeal of prayer, and the plain argument of the promise. "Straightforward makes the best runner." I will not parlay with the servants, but hasten to their master.
In reading this passage, it strikes me that if men vie with each other in common matters, and one outruns the other, I ought to be in solemn earnestness so to run that I may obtain. Lord, help me to gird up the loins of my mind, and may I press forward towards the mark for the prize of my high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Please click on the Link to the website of my dear friend Pastor Jacob Chacko and the work of Missions Asia

This brother is a faithful servant of God and needs help to continue his work. Please conside helping him in financial terms

http://www.freewebs.com/missionsasia/
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word