To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

A very short thought about Psalm 37:7

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

aussiegal
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

A very short thought about Psalm37:7

Postby aussiegal » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Could our impatience have something to do with underlying unbelief... Like "Hurry up God, because I'm really afraid You won't answer the way I want You to."
I heard someone say once we should be in a state of "active waiting", meaning being busy about other things, not focused on the thing we are waiting for. Rest implies that we are not anxious, but at peace.
If I have truly given my request to God, asked in faith, then when ever I think of that particular request, I can say a profound "Thank You" and go on with other things.
The stress and anxiety comes when we focus on "the snaswer" instead of the God who will bring the answer.

celesteduc
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby celesteduc » Mon May 03, 2010 9:03 am

Chrissy wrote:I think society has a lot to do with it. Everything has to be done now. People want their own home now. They want the perfect job now. And the media tells us we can have it now.

Chrissy, I am a Messianic Christian who honors the Sabbath (Shabbat).
From Friday night sundown to Saturday night sundown I rest and give this time to my King. It was a new thing for me but now I REST at that time and this has felt as if I have walked out of my exile. I have developed a deeper trust of my Lord and that in turn has brought the peace. I have moments of "SCARED" and moments of "IMPATIENCE" but I find as I seek Him on those days the issues of the previous week have grown strangly dim.
On the Shabbat I set aside my time for the LOVER of my soul and He takes all the pebbles of problems in my hands that have accumulated over the past 6 days and puts them in His pockets. Ahhh, I sure do love peace and rest. I only wish I had done this sooner, it is so good. Shalom, Chrissy.....Celeste :D
Stand firmly in your beanfield

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Hello

Postby totallylovedbygod » Thu May 06, 2010 9:29 am

I can wait .. but sometimes very inpatiently!!!!!
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word