To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion for pastors

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion for pastors

Postby totallylovedbygod » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:21 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

To lead and shepherd a church is one of the best roles and also one of the loneliest, so please appreciate your Pastor. Tell Him you love and treasure them and truly appreciate their ministry. They are messengers of God and they need to be to be appreciated and loved. Please share this page with them. If there are any Pastors reading this, then thank you for what you are doing for the Lord, you are a great blessing to the body of Christ. I especially want to thank my own Pastor, Pastor Mark, whose ministry I am privileged to sit under and who I loved as a friend and brother in Christ

God Bless

Keith

Noonday Devotion For Pastors and all involved in preaching the word

Titus 1

9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

As an ordinary layman, I am just amazed at this calling. It is one of the five fold ministries in the church, that are set there to help the church grow and develop to full maturity in Christ.

We have many how to books today, but in scripture there are 3 books that show what it is to be in five fold ministry and how to go about it. These books are written by Paul to his protege.. Timothy and to his good friend Titus

This verse to me signifies everything what a person who is involved in five fold ministry does.

One of the first things, he/she has to do is to:

Hold Fast

They must never move in their faith, their prayers must be strong. Whatever happens in the world, these people must never be moved, they are the rocks of the church.

The Faithful Word

What it is that they have to hold fast to. It is the word of God. The word of God is under terrible attack at the present time and therefore it is absolutely essential that the people in five fold ministry, hold strongly to the truths of Scripture

Why Does God call them

To exhort the Body Of Christ. They are almost like Pied Pipers. Paul said that people had to follow his example. A godly Pastor and Evangelist encourages the church.. a bad pastor destroys the church.

To Convince the people out there in the world through the foolishness of preaching. The five fold ministry is not only to exhort the church, but to touch the world with the truths of the gospel.

I have great admiration for anyone in this five fold ministry of Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher. As an encourager to the body of Christ, I would say to every christian, that your Pastor needs your support and prayers at all times.

Tell Him/her they are appreciated and loved

God bless everyone involved in the five fold ministry

Keith

Spurgeon's Devotion

Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ." – Ephesians 3:8
The apostle Paul felt it a great privilege to be allowed to preach the gospel. He did not look upon his calling as a drudgery, but he entered upon it with intense delight. Yet while Paul was thus thankful for his office, his success in it greatly humbled him. The fuller a vessel becomes, the deeper it sinks in the water. Idlers may indulge a fond conceit of their abilities, because they are untried; but the earnest worker soon learns his own weakness. If you seek humility, try hard work; if you would know your nothingness, attempt some great thing for Jesus. If you would feel how utterly powerless you are apart from the living God, attempt especially the great work of proclaiming the unsearchable riches of Christ, and you will know, as you never knew before, what a weak unworthy thing you are. Although the apostle thus knew and confessed his weakness, he was never perplexed as to the subject of his ministry. From his first sermon to his last, Paul preached Christ, and nothing but Christ. He lifted up the cross, and extolled the Son of God who bled thereon. Follow his example in all your personal efforts to spread the glad tidings of salvation, and let "Christ and him crucified" be your ever recurring theme. The Christian should be like those lovely spring flowers which, when the sun is shining, open their golden cups, as if saying, "Fill us with thy beams!" but when the sun is hidden behind a cloud, they close their cups and droop their heads. So should the Christian feel the sweet influence of Jesus; Jesus must be his sun, and he must be the flower which yields itself to the Sun of Righteousness. Oh! to speak of Christ alone, this is the subject which is both "seed for the sower, and bread for the eater." This is the live coal for the lip of the speaker, and the master-key to the heart of the hearer.

Featured page

On this page there are articles to encourage and challenge Pastors and all teachers of the word. I hope everyone and not only these leaders will take time to read them and to check out the fruitfulness of their Christian walk.

Please click the Link Below and share it with your pastor

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... var=000044
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word