To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion for Teens and twenties

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion for Teens and twenties

Postby totallylovedbygod » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Welcome to the third in our series of Noonday Devotions. This time we are focusing on the Teens and Twenties age range, but not exclusively, indeed anyone can read these articles

God bless

Keith

I Have sort to write from my own life experience, believe me, I wish that I could start again, but we can't the Only thing we can do is to get up and forget our mistakes and move forward with God Phil 3:7-14

Noonday Devotion

Welcome to the Youth Alive page.. especially for those of you.. who are between the ages of 13-30.. but this age range is not set in stone!

As someone who is a little bit older!.. I don't feel that I should be writing this, but the Lord has laid on my heart these things to share with you.

The first thing to do is to treasure every day. When I was 16 and newly converted. I looked forward to the age of 50 and looked forward to those days and thought they were so far away.. but time passes quickly and we only get one chance to have our lives and so it is important not to waste a single second. The choices made at your young age will have an impact on the rest of your life.

'Only one life will soon be past, only what is done for CHRIST will last'

What Joshua says to the Children of Israel in Chapter 24 of his great book still holds true today..

14 Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
16 And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods;
17 For the LORD our God, he it is that brought us up and our fathers out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and which did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way wherein we went, and among all the people through whom we passed:
18 And the LORD drave out from before us all the people, even the Amorites which dwelt in the land: therefore will we also serve the LORD; for he is our God.
19 And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the LORD: for he is an holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.
20 If ye forsake the LORD, and serve strange gods, then he will turn and do you hurt, and consume you, after that he hath done you good.
21 And the people said unto Joshua, Nay; but we will serve the LORD.
I cannot give advice to any one of you, all I can and will do is to point you in the direction of God's word and share my own experience.
God says to cast all your care upon him..1 Peter 5
7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you
To trust in Him.. Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Psalm 37
3Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
4 Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass
What I have learnt from years of Christian experience and what millions of others have also, is that GOD CAN BE TRUSTED.. HE IS TOTALLY FAITHFUL AND TRUSTWORTHY AND HE WILL NEVER EVER LET YOU DOWN.
Let me finish with two things that have helped me
Paul in his very final days writing to a young man.. Timothy.. who was probably in the same age range of you. Gave us two wonderful epistles of how to live in today's world. Read and digest both these books but especially 2 Timothy...THIS IS HIS HEART. He was probably writing this in his final days before facing death. Paul could say be ye followers of me.. because he was following in the steps of HIS MASTER JESUS. You are treading a way that has been trod down the years by many millions, but everyone who has trodden it, has trod it with God beside him and living in Him through the power of the HOLY SPIRIT.
Also read biographies of great men and women of God such as James Hudson Taylor, CT Studd, Dawson Trotman, Jackie Pullinger, Robert Mcheyne, Andrew Murray and Jim Elliott
My Dear friends.... stay strong in the Lord...
May you be filled with all the Power, Purity and Passion of God

God bless you

Keith

Spurgeons Devotion
"Sanctify them through thy truth." – John 17:17
Sanctification begins in regeneration. The Spirit of God infuses into man that new living principle by which he becomes "a new creature" in Christ Jesus. This work, which begins in the new birth, is carried on in two ways-mortification, whereby the lusts of the flesh are subdued and kept under; and vivification, by which the life which God has put within us is made to be a well of water springing up unto everlasting life. This is carried on every day in what is called "perseverance," by which the Christian is preserved and continued in a gracious state, and is made to abound in good works unto the praise and glory of God; and it culminates or comes to perfection, in "glory," when the soul, being thoroughly purged, is caught up to dwell with holy beings at the right hand of the Majesty on high. But while the Spirit of God is thus the author of sanctification, yet there is a visible agency employed which must not be forgotten. "Sanctify them," said Jesus, "through thy truth: thy word is truth." The passages of Scripture which prove that the instrument of our sanctification is the Word of God are very many. The Spirit of God brings to our minds the precepts and doctrines of truth, and applies them with power. These are heard in the ear, and being received in the heart, they work in us to will and to do of God’s good pleasure. The truth is the sanctifier, and if we do not hear or read the truth, we shall not grow in sanctification. We only progress in sound living as we progress in sound understanding. "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Do not say of any error, "It is a mere matter of opinion." No man indulges an error of judgment, without sooner or later tolerating an error in practice. Hold fast the truth, for by so holding the truth shall you be sanctified by the Spirit of God.
Featured Page Link
The Page is called Youth alive and has several articles that will be of help to you as youth/young adults. I hope you will pass this page on to all your young people within your church
http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... var=000044
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word