To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

He has Risen!

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

MitchbyFaith
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

He has Risen!

Postby MitchbyFaith » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:21 am

“He is not here; He has risen just as He said. Come see the place where He lay.” Matthew 28:6

“For I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live yet Christ lives in me, and the life I live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.” Galatians 2:20

As believers, “Christians” we have long celebrated and focused on the cross where Jesus died. We do so with a supreme purpose and reason, Peace!

The cross settled the debt, it bridged the gap, and it ended the war of sin and separation between God and man and brought peace to anyone who would simply believe, confess and repent. Halleluiah! Glory to God in the highest, at last peace would dwell within us.

The cross was only the beginning of our transition though. It was the starting point of our redemption. If there had only been the cross Jesus’ work would have been incomplete, we would still be waiting on “the rest of the story” like those who believe in non-risen saviors.

Praise God for the empty tomb, for it represents life, hope, an assurance that we too will overcome death and have victory over the grave. It is at the cross we die with Jesus, to ourselves, for the glory of God and His purpose for creating us. It is at the empty tomb we celebrate the victory, the reward of our death which by paradox of faith in Jesus is the very life we seek. Without the empty tomb there would have only been death and burial, but it is in the resurrection that we are complete in our faith, our victory in this life. “Though we were dead, yet shall we live!”

The empty tomb is our assurance in a Living Savior! May we all celebrate in the joy and victory that it represents to those of us who believe and walk by faith in the shadow of the cross.
The next time you think you are a person of some influence try ordering someone else’s dog around!

PottersClay
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby PottersClay » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Wonderful reminder of our victory. Thank you!

Joan
Give me the love that leads the way,
The faith that nothing can dismay,
The hope no disappointments tire,
The passion that will burn like fire.
Let me not sink to be a clod,
Make me Thy fuel, Flame of God.
Amy Carmichael

drschuetz
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby drschuetz » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:20 pm