To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:25 am

Welcome everyone to Noonday Devotion

It is such a great joy to share with you. Please share these devotions with all your friends and also click on the featured page link at the bottom of this e-mail

Thanks

God bless you

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Matthew 17
4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.

Jesus was having an intimate conversation with two of the most respected bible characters who ever lived. Just as you and I probably would of done, Peter got excited.

Does this happen to us? Do we get right into the presence of God? God is speaking to us clearly and there we go, we have to put our opinions across or say something. Do we sit at his feet and listen or do we like Peter and Me, insist on saying something? Note that the Father soon put a stop to the questions Peter had, and these disciples were where they should of been in the first place and that is worshiping the Lord. Let us quiet ourselves when we come before the Lord, he wants us to say nothing, just to listen to him. Do we?

We need to spend more time receiving and hearing from the Lord, than speaking to the Lord. We need to sit quietly at the feet of the Master and learn of Him

Devotion 2

1 Chronicles 14

10 And David enquired of God, saying, Shall I go up against the Philistines? And wilt thou deliver them into mine hand? And the LORD said unto him, Go up; for I will deliver them into thine hand.

When facing up to situations, do we do what David did and Go straight to God? I wonder what would of happened if David had consulted his generals first and then gone to God in prayer?

This is the same today Church, how often do we have a decision to make and we go to everyone but God, we form committee's, hold business meetings.

We go to the phone before the throne, let us be like David and run straight to our Father as a little child,knowing that he will sort out anything and everything we bring to him.

David continued to ask God in verse 14 and look at the result in verse 16.

Let us come to God and ask his counsel, before we ask counsel of another

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

"God, that comforteth those that are cast down." – II Corinthians 7:6

And who comforteth like him? Go to some poor, melancholy, distressed child of God; tell him sweet promises, and whisper in his ear choice words of comfort; he is like the deaf adder, he listens not to the voice of the charmer, charm he never so wisely. He is drinking gall and wormwood, and comfort him as you may, it will be only a note or two of mournful resignation that you will get from him; you will bring forth no psalms of praise, no hallelujahs, no joyful sonnets. But let God come to his child, let him lift up his countenance, and the mourner’s eyes glisten with hope. Do you not hear him sing-

"‘Tis paradise, if thou art here;
If thou depart, ‘tis hell?"
You could not have cheered him: but the Lord has done it; "He is the God of all comfort." There is no balm in Gilead, but there is balm in God. There is no physician among the creatures, but the Creator is Jehovah-rophi. It is marvellous how one sweet word of God will make whole songs for Christians. One word of God is like a piece of gold, and the Christian is the gold beater, and can hammer that promise out for whole weeks. So, then, poor Christian, thou needest not sit down in despair. Go to the Comforter, and ask him to give thee consolation. Thou art a poor dry well. You have heard it said, that when a pump is dry, you must pour water down it first of all, and then you will get water, and so, Christian, when thou art dry, go to God, ask him to shed abroad his joy in thy heart, and then thy joy shall be full. Do not go to earthly acquaintances, for you will find them Job’s comforters after all; but go first and foremost to thy "God, that comforteth those that are cast down," and you will soon say, "In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul."

PM

"The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power." – Nahum 1:3

Jehovah "is slow to anger." When mercy cometh into the world she driveth winged steeds; the axles of her chariot-wheels are red hot with speed; but when wrath goeth forth, it toileth on with tardy footsteps, for God taketh no pleasure in the sinner’s death. God’s rod of mercy is ever in his hands outstretched; his sword of justice is in its scabbard, held down by that pierced hand of love which bled for the sins of men. "The Lord is slow to anger," because he is GREAT IN POWER. He is truly great in power who hath power over himself. When God’s power doth restrain himself, then it is power indeed: the power that binds omnipotence is omnipotence surpassed. A man who has a strong mind can bear to be insulted long, and only resents the wrong when a sense of right demands his action. The weak mind is irritated at a little: the strong mind bears it like a rock which moveth not, though a thousand breakers dash upon it, and cast their pitiful malice in spray upon its summit. God marketh his enemies, and yet he bestirs not himself, but holdeth in his anger. If he were less divine than he is, he would long ere this have sent forth the whole of his thunders, and emptied the magazines of heaven; he would long ere this have blasted the earth with the wondrous fires of its lower regions, and man would have been utterly destroyed; but the greatness of his power brings us mercy. Dear reader, what is your state this evening? Can you by humble faith look to Jesus, and say, "My substitute, thou art my rock, my trust"? Then, beloved, be not afraid of God’s power; for by faith you have fled to Christ for refuge, the power of God need no more terrify you, than the shield and sword of the warrior need terrify those whom he loves. Rather rejoice that he who is "great in power" is your Father and Friend.

Featured Page

To start the New year. We will focus on God's offer of Salvation. Man and Woman are sinners in need of a Saviour. God has provided that Saviour in Jesus. Please be prepared to share this page with all your friends. This is the most important message you can read

Keith

Click link Below

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... var=000044
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word