To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

new years message 2010

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

new years message 2010

Postby totallylovedbygod » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:02 pm

Galatians 2

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Dear Friends

This new year is going to be one, where God does so many wonderful things, things beyond our human reasoning and understanding. He is waiting not just to do these things in peoples lives, but in the lives of your churches, communities and even your country.

So what is he waiting for, well he is waiting for his church to do what it says in 2 Chronicles 7:14-22. Great promises of blessing lie in these verses, but also stark warnings if we forsake the Lord our God.. who is the Only True God.. amen.

God is waiting for his people to repent and turn from their wicked way.. you may say steady on Keith.. our wicked way.. we are respectable in our churches and our lives, we aren't wicked. Well anything that comes between us and God is wicked.. any idol.. however respectable must go.. sometimes good things are not the best. In the story of Mary and Martha, one choose to serve and one choose to sit at the master's feet.. which one was truly able to serve their fellow brethren and also people in the world? Only when we have sat at the Master's feet.. are we able to serve others.. as we learn and take time to commune with our Master and Saviour

Here at Faithopeandlovefellowship, I will give myself time to sit at Jesus' feet and learn from Him and then and only then, will I be able to share what HE HAS TAUGHT ME.

I promise that the site will always strive to glorify and lift up the cross of My Precious Lord and Saviour and to give myself wholeheartedly to God's service and to the service of my fellow brethren.

The home page of the site, has the theme 'caught up in the middle'. What this means is that we as Christians need to be involved with what God is doing, so get involved.

First of all. Get to know Him by spending much time in prayer and Bible study.. not just 5 minutes a day.. commit yourselves to spend time in prayer and studying God's word. Sacrifice your favourite TV programme and get your bible out.and spend time in prayer

Secondly.. Get involved in reaching out. Let us set ourslves a target of bringing one person to Christ this year. Let us all pray for that. Get involved in your church.. don't just be a pew warmer

Thirdly.. do not be ashamed of the gospel.. live it.. love it and share it.. be like the apostle Paul Romans 1:16

If Jesus is worth anything.. he is worth everything. Next time you don't feel like going to church or doing some service to help your brother/sister in Christ, then take a long hard look at the cross.. this puts everything into perspective..

Keith Green once sang

'Jesus rose from the dead and you cant even get out of bed'

It is time my brothers and sisters to be radical in our walk with God.. this is not a game and God is not happy with his church. He wants a church that is spotless and holy. How can we be, when we are so caught up in what the world is doing?.. The devil is not playing games either, we are in warfare with him, let us act like we are soldiers and not sunbathers enjoying this life as leisure

Romans 1

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

I commit myself to spending more time in the word and Prayer first and foremost, I commit myself to sharing the gospel.. I commit myself to living a life of Holiness to glorify Christ in all I do...

Please join me

My request to you

Please continue to read the site
Please continue to pass on the devotions to your friends
Please stand with me in prayer
Please encourage me as I seek to encourage you

God bless you my friends

May you all have a year full of God's glory
Here is the Link to the site.. please make use of the site. It is there for your encouragement and blessing. Please browse the pages and come back often, share it with all your friends.. let's get the Word into the world.. amen

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo.com

Your fellow servant in the Gospel

KEITH

Just a final note.. you may be wondering who I am.. Well let me introduce myself. My name is Keith and I am 50 years of age. I live by the sea in Morecambe, Lancashire UK. I am divorced and am a member of Heysham Free Methodist Church, where I am active in lots of different areas. My gifting is of an encourager/teacher/writer and I seek to use my gifts for God's glory. you may gather from the site and my writings that I am a little old fashioned.. I read the Authorised version of the Bible, study through the commentary of Matthew Henry and My favourite preacher is Charle Spurgeon and my own Pastor Mark.. who ministry I am blessed to sit under. I love the old saints such as Hudson Taylor, Murray Mccheyne and CT Studd
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word