To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Last Noonday Devotion of 2009

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Last Noonday Devotion of 2009

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:09 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

What a great joy it is to share with you again... please share these devotions with all the people on your contact list. Also at the end of this e-mail...there is a link to my website... please take time to click the link and view the featured page .. not forgetting the 50 pages for your encouragement and blessing

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Jeremiah 15

16 Your words were found, and I ate them; and Your words were to me a joy and the rejoicing of my heart, for I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts.

I wonder if this is my/your approach to the Word Of God?

I wonder if we treat the bible as one of the greatest joys in our life?

Do we treat it as just another book we have on our bookshelves?

Or even worse than that.. does it stay sat on our bookshelves gathering dust?

Jeremiah was not like that. He loved the Word of God as dearly as he loved food. We wouldn't think of not eating.. so how can spend one day without exploring, reading and studying the word of God 1 Peter 2:2, Colossians 3:16 and Psalm 119:1-16 and 97-105

The Children of Israel picked up their manna every morning.. do we pick up our spiritual manna from the Word of God every morning.

Is it the first thing you turn to in a morning?

Do we spend more time reading the newspapers than we do the Word of God?

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

1 Corinthians 16 (Amplified Bible)

15Now, brethren, you know that the household of Stephanas were the first converts and our firstfruits in Achaia (most of Greece), and how they have consecrated and devoted themselves to the service of the saints (God's people).
16 I urge you to pay all deference to such leaders and to enlist under them and be subject to them, as well as to everyone who joins and cooperates [with you] and labors earnestly.
17 I am happy because Stephanas and Fortunatus and Achaicus have come [to me], for they have made up for your absence.
18 For they gave me [c]respite from labor and rested me and refreshed my spirit as well as yours. Deeply appreciate and thoroughly know and fully recognize such men.

I love reading about Paul's friends. In the closing moments of This epistle, he gives voice to this unknown saint, who was a true star in the kingdom of God

Just feel led to share about Stephanas.

He was a leader in the church, having been brought to Christ.. through the preaching of the Apostle Paul.

What a joy that must of been to Paul's Heart. If everyone in the church had one person who they had brought to Jesus and nurtured them, then our churches would be full.. AMEN

He was a believer who was completely consecrated unto Jesus and therefore he was a servant. He was someone who blessed the saints of God. Are you totally devoted and consecrated unto Christ and therefore are able not only to serve Him, but your fellow believers?

He was someone to look up to and respect. Truly he was a dedicated labourer in God's harvest field. Are you someone who your fellow believers can look up to?

Paul was excited about these believers coming to him, because they were able to refresh Paul. They were true encourager's to Paul in his faith.

My final question is do you refresh your fellow believers like these believers did to Paul?

Or are you someone that people avoid because you bring strife and discord and gossip about people?

Are you a refreshing Christian?

God bless you
Keith

Keith who is totallylovedbyGod

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM
"The life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God." – Galatians 2:20

When the Lord in mercy passed by and saw us in our blood, he first of all said, "Live"; and this he did first, because life is one of the absolutely essential things in spiritual matters, and until it be bestowed we are incapable of partaking in the things of the kingdom. Now the life which grace confers upon the saints at the moment of their quickening is none other than the life of Christ, which, like the sap from the stem, runs into us, the branches, and establishes a living connection between our souls and Jesus. Faith is the grace which perceives this union, having proceeded from it as its firstfruit. It is the neck which joins the body of the Church to its all-glorious Head.
"Oh Faith! thou bond of union with the Lord,
Is not this office thine? and thy fit name,
In the economy of gospel types,
And symbols apposite-the Church’s neck;
Identifying her in will and work
With him ascended?"
Faith lays hold upon the Lord Jesus with a firm and determined grasp. She knows his excellence and worth, and no temptation can induce her to repose her trust elsewhere; and Christ Jesus is so delighted with this heavenly grace, that he never ceases to strengthen and sustain her by the loving embrace and all-sufficient support of his eternal arms. Here, then, is established a living, sensible, and delightful union which casts forth streams of love, confidence, sympathy, complacency, and joy, whereof both the bride and bridegroom love to drink. When the soul can evidently perceive this oneness between itself and Christ, the pulse may be felt as beating for both, and the one blood as flowing through the veins of each. Then is the heart as near heaven as it can be on earth, and is prepared for the enjoyment of the most sublime and spiritual kind of fellowship.

PM

Remove far from me vanity and lies." – Proverbs 30:8
"O my God, be not far from me." – Psalm 38:21

Here we have two great lessons-what to deprecate and what to supplicate. The happiest state of a Christian is the holiest state. As there is the most heat nearest to the sun, so there is the most happiness nearest to Christ. No Christian enjoys comfort when his eyes are fixed on vanity-he finds no satisfaction unless his soul is quickened in the ways of God. The world may win happiness elsewhere, but he cannot. I do not blame ungodly men for rushing to their pleasures. Why should I? Let them have their fill. That is all they have to enjoy. A converted wife who despaired of her husband was always very kind to him, for she said, "I fear that this is the only world in which he will be happy, and therefore I have made up my mind to make him as happy as I can in it." Christians must seek their delights in a higher sphere than the insipid frivolities or sinful enjoyments of the world. Vain pursuits are dangerous to renewed souls. We have heard of a philosopher who, while he looked up to the stars, fell into a pit; but how deeply do they fall who look down. Their fall is fatal. No Christian is safe when his soul is slothful, and his God is far from him. Every Christian is always safe as to the great matter of his standing in Christ, but he is not safe as regards his experience in holiness, and communion with Jesus in this life. Satan does not often attack a Christian who is living near to God. It is when the Christian departs from his God, becomes spiritually starved, and endeavours to feed on vanities, that the devil discovers his vantage hour. He may sometimes stand foot to foot with the child of God who is active in his Master’s service, but the battle is generally short: he who slips as he goes down into the Valley of Humiliation, every time he takes a false step invites Apollyon to assail him. O for grace to walk humbly with our God!

The featured page is Called Bible studies. On it you will find 2 Detailed bible studies on Psalms 1 and 2. Please read them and answer the questions at the end of them.

Thanks

Keith

I would like to wish you all a very happy and blessed 2010
Click link below

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... ?cr=4&li...
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word