To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:14 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

What a great joy to share with you. May you be blessed as you read these devotions. Please feel free to share them with all your friends. Please read the featured page at the bottom of this e-mail. Just click the link and be blessed.

God bless you

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Colossians 2

6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
Don't you love this verse?. I know that I do

Here are some thoughts hopefully to inspire and encourage you on this verse

In verse 6 Paul says that the way we walk as believers is directly linked to how we received Jesus. How did we receive Him?

In Repentance and being sorrowful for our sin - So our Christian lives must reflect this. Psalm 32:5 and 119:11. Are our lives characterised by the same abhorrence to sin as it was when we were first converted? Do we see it as black or just shades of grey?

In Faith - The just shall live by faith Galatians 3:11. We trusted God to save us, so surely he can keep us till he calls us home. Do you trust Him to do that? Jude 24

In Humility- We recognised that we are not number one. Now as so called mature believers, am I/you puffed up to think we can manage on our own?

As a little child - Jesus said that people had to receive the kingdom of God as a little child. Mark 10:15 . A little child is totally dependent, when we were born into God's family we were totally dependent on the saving power of the cross. Why then isn't this reflected in our daily walk? Are you totally dependent on God for everything?

In Thanksgiving and Joy - We were Joyful when we received Jesus as Saviour. Have we lost our first joy of Jesus? David cried out in Psalm 51:12 to have the joy of his salvation restored because of sin. Have you/I lost the joy of salvation because of sin?

Finally are you still in love with Him. Do you remember when you first were a believer? You loved to spend time in his presence. Do you still have that passion for his presence?. When is the last time you told your Heavenly Father you loved Him.. for just being who he is?

Believer there are probably more things you can think of, but I have just sought to share what God is saying to me personally and it is this. It is time to go back to basics, to the time we first knew the Lord. You may have been a believer for years and years, but you have not made it.. the apostle Paul had a long way to go in Phil 3:7-14 and if he hadn't reached that mark, I don't think any of us are even near it.

Let us think back to how we received Jesus into our lives and focus on those things.

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

1 Timothy 2

8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

I was walking and the Lord laid this verse on my heart.

When we lift up Holy Hands.. what are you doing?

The Lord said .. that your hand is reaching up to Him and when we do this.. he grasps our hand and puts it in His. I thought that was awesome.

The devil is known as the prince of the power of the air and therefore, when we lift up our hands in worship, we are stepping on and destroying his territory Ephesians 2:2, we are engaging in spiritual warfare.

Our hands are lifted to heaven and this is to have the best attitude... when we have our hands and hearts lifted towards heaven in worship.. we take the spotlight off ourselves and put it on Jesus.

When we lift up Holy hands.. we can only do this, by getting rid of all anger and wrath in our lives.. this sense of worship shuts out sin and will not tolerate it.

Lift up your hands believer

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

"Let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall." - I Corinthians 10:12

It is a curious fact, that there is such a thing as being proud of grace. A man says, "I have great faith, I shall not fall; poor little faith may, but I never shall." "I have fervent love," says another, "I can stand, there is no danger of my going astray." He who boasts of grace has little grace to boast of. Some who do this imagine that their graces can keep them, knowing not that the stream must flow constantly from the fountain head, or else the brook will soon be dry. If a continuous stream of oil comes not to the lamp, though it burn brightly to-day, it will smoke to-morrow, and noxious will be its scent. Take heed that thou gloriest not in thy graces, but let all thy glorying and confidence be in Christ and his strength, for only so canst thou be kept from falling. Be much more in prayer. Spend longer time in holy adoration. Read the Scriptures more earnestly and constantly. Watch your lives more carefully. Live nearer to God. Take the best examples for your pattern. Let your conversation be redolent of heaven. Let your hearts be perfumed with affection for men’s souls. So live that men may take knowledge of you that you have been with Jesus, and have learned of him; and when that happy day shall come, when he whom you love shall say, "Come up higher," may it be your happiness to hear him say, "Thou hast fought a good fight, thou hast finished thy course, and henceforth there is laid up for thee a crown of righteousness which fadeth not away." On, Christian, with care and caution! On, with holy fear and trembling! On, with faith and confidence in Jesus alone, and let your constant petition be, "Uphold me according to thy word." He is able, and he alone, "To keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy."

PM

"Having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." II Peter 1:4

Vanish for ever all thought of indulging the flesh if you would live in the power of your risen Lord. It were ill that a man who is alive in Christ should dwell in the corruption of sin. "Why seek ye the living among the dead?" said the angel to Magdalene. Should the living dwell in the sepulchre? Should divine life be immured in the charnel house of fleshly lust? How can we partake of the cup of the Lord and yet drink the cup of Belial? Surely, believer, from open lusts and sins you are delivered: have you also escaped from the more secret and delusive lime-twigs of the Satanic fowler? Have you come forth from the lust of pride? Have you escaped from slothfulness? Have you clean escaped from carnal security? Are you seeking day by day to live above worldliness, the pride of life, and the ensnaring vice of avarice? Remember, it is for this that you have been enriched with the treasures of God. If you be indeed the chosen of God, and beloved by him, do not suffer all the lavish treasure of grace to be wasted upon you. Follow after holiness; it is the Christian’s crown and glory. An unholy church! it is useless to the world, and of no esteem among men. It is an abomination, hell’s laughter, heaven’s abhorrence. The worst evils which have ever come upon the world have been brought upon her by an unholy church. O Christian, the vows of God are upon you. You are God’s priest: act as such. You are God’s king: reign over your lusts. You are God’s chosen: do not associate with Belial. Heaven is your portion: live like a heavenly spirit, so shall you prove that you have true faith in Jesus, for there cannot be faith in the heart unless there be holiness in the life.

"Lord, I desire to live as one
Who bears a blood-bought name,
As one who fears but grieving thee,
And knows no other shame."

The featured Page details reports of Missions and outreaches happening around the world. Please click on the link below to read what God is doing in the world. Also you can post details of what has been happening in your part of God's vineyard.. has God been moving in your church or community. Please note that sadly photos cannot be placed on the page, so please place these in a link so they can be copied and pasted into a browser.

Thanks

Keith

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... var=000044
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word