To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

When prayers Seem to go Unanswered

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

aussiegal
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

When prayers Seem to go Unanswered

Postby aussiegal » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:24 pm

Just because you do not see the answer to some of your prayers, do not give up. Just make sure you have asked for the right things.

I asked to prosper financially, and found that He couldn't do it, because I was a tightwad and covetous.
I asked for a husband, and when I got one I dicovered that I acted mean and selfish way more than I was loving and kind.
I wanted to be healed, yet rarely gave thought to those around me who were suffering more.

So I ask, what should I pray for, and how should I pray.

The question has taken me down the back alleys and twists and turns of my own soul.

I believe God heals. I know He provides. I know all of His promises are true.
So why was I sick. Why always short of money. Why all the problems.

The long answer is in the book I have not written yet.
The short answer is that He does want to give me all these things. But I am not ready nor able to receive them. Not with the sins I allow and justify in my life. Not when I do so much of the explicit things He said not to. Like lying, gossiping, complaining, letting fear control me?

How can He give me more when I am not grateful for what I already have?
My right arm hurts for sure, but my left arm and the rest of me is fine. My head aches, yes, but I can walk and see and hear just fine.
I may not have a million bucks, but I do have some money. I can give. I have time and energy to do something for someone besides myself.

So now in my prayers I ask for grace to "die", to make room for the Holy Spirit to invade me with love. Stretch me to increase my capacity to not only receive but to listen more, hear more, give more, for His glory and for His praise.

btplove
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

thank you

Postby btplove » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Thank you aussiegal for those words for encourgement. It's funny but I was asking Jesus just the other day why every man I have met so far is already married. I have already prayed for a godly man who loves the Lord with all his heart,mind, body and soul. So now what I do is thank him for the manifistation. So why have I been meeting only married men? I don't know. No, they don't come on to me or anything like that, in fact they are very nice gentlemen. On the flip side the few single men I have met turned out to be either shallow or just plain nuts! What's up with that? Anyways, I'm glad to know I'm not alone, so I continue to wait on the Lord and be of good courage. :D
Change will only come when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change.

Return to Encouragement from the Word