To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

The Body of Christ

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

aussiegal
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

The Body of Christ

Postby aussiegal » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:17 pm

Hey all, I'm the Newbie on the block, so here's my first post in this section.

Some thoughts about being the Body of Christ on earth.
Romans 12 :1 says to "present your body as a living sacrifice.."
We are also told that we are the Body of Christ, each one and also each of us a members of each other and everyone joined together in the Spirit of unity, with Christ as the head.

Very practically, if my earthly body is unfused with the Spirit of God, and I being his representation here on earth, then I must use the various parts of my body to follow the "Head" which is Christ.
I will use my eyes to read the Word, my ears to listen to the Word, my mouth to speak His Words, my mind to think and meditate on what He says. My hands will be used to bless and my feet will take me where the Spirit leads.
In reverse, the concept of being the Lord's body, can keep me from giving myself to sin...what do I watch, listen to, talk about? What do I use my hands for and where do I go?
What do I put into it in the form of food and drink, and do I keep myself from harmful physical involvements?

The old adage "What would Jesus do?" actually would be a great question to ask ourselves when we are tempted to do someting questionable, because we would easily know the answer and could quickly turn from the temptation.
Since Jesus and I share the same Spirit, then I have that same Spirit that raised Him from the dead (now that's power) then I can live my life as He did, focused on "doing the will of the Father."
What an awesome privelege to be a part of God's 21st century body on earth.

Return to Encouragement from the Word