To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:33 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

Thanks for taking time to read these devotions. I hope your faith is stirred by them. Please pass them on to all your friends and any feedback is appreciated. the page link at the bottom is really important to click.. it is on the persecuted church. this sunday is persecuted church sunday.. so please get involved

Thanks

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

1 Corinthians 9:24-27

24Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
25And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

The church at Corinth was the most ill disciplined church in New Testament times, and so Paul forcefully shares these vital truths, but Church they are still relevant to us today.
The analogy Paul uses is that of an athlete, and he states that he/she goes into strict training to achieve their goal. Above everything else they have to be single minded and disciplined; he/she cannot rely on anyone else to do it for them. This is also the case with us meeting God in our own devotional time, this is our responsibility.

I must admit that getting myself up for a quiet time with the Lord is difficult. But is it worth it.. oh yes, because God comes to meet us when we take time to draw near to Him.. he promises to do that in James chapter 4
Note that Paul says that his body is running in unison, his mind, body and spirit; all going in the same direction, towards the same goal. This must be the same not only with us personally, but also with us as a corporate body, how can we ever make an impact on the world if we are all pulling in different directions? We should be as a finely oiled machine, all parts functioning in unison, to accomplish a specific task.
Discipline for the believer is so important.. amen
Just because you may be a teacher/preacher, don t think you can forego this. Paul's greatest fear is that after all his service and teaching, he might fall away, if this is Pauls concern, shouldn't it be ours? I know that it is my main concern, that after sharing these devotions, I fall back into sin or fail.. God forbid.
We discipline ourselves for one reason, to receive the crown of life, this is the most precious reward ever given and just imagine, it will be so worth it, when the Father looks you in the eye and says
"Well done thou good and faithful servant, enter .into the joy of the Lord"

Devotion 2

1 John 1:6-10

6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Confession brings cleansing, there is a blindness to sin in in verse 8, a refusal of the will. It says, I have no sin, my life is perfect, but that is deceiving ourselves and the truth lies not within us. Harsh words! How often verse 10 applies to me.

So many times the Holy Spirit brought things to my attention and my reaction was "Well it isn't sin", but it is. You and I are telling the Lord that what he sees is not the true picture and that he is not the all knowing God that he surely is, this is open rebellion and totally unacceptable.The promise of vs 9 holds true, if we confess our sin, he will forgive and with what?

The blood of Jesus, which not only covers you but completely cleanses you from all sin, come and be forgiven for that's what he wants to do in your life.

Let me ask you, if you are saying you have no sin and telling the Lord.. who is all knowing and completely truthful.. that he is wrong.. be very careful Christian.. you need to repent and plead for forgiveness if you are..amen

God bless you

Keith

Morning and evening By CH Spurgeon

AM

Giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge, etc." – II Peter 1:5-6

If thou wouldest enjoy the eminent grace of the full assurance of faith, under the blessed Spirit’s influence, and assistance, do what the Scripture tells thee, "Give diligence." Take care that thy faith is of the right kind-that it is not a mere belief of doctrine, but a simple faith, depending on Christ, and on Christ alone. Give diligent heed to thy courage. Plead with God that he would give thee the face of a lion, that thou mayest, with a consciousness of right, go on boldly. Study well the Scriptures, and get knowledge; for a knowledge of doctrine will tend very much to confirm faith. Try to understand God’s Word; let it dwell in thy heart richly.
When thou hast done this, "Add to thy knowledge temperance." Take heed to thy body: be temperate without. Take heed to thy soul: be temperate within. Get temperance of lip, life, heart, and thought. Add to this, by God’s Holy Spirit, patience; ask him to give thee that patience which endureth affliction, which, when it is tried, shall come forth as gold. Array yourself with patience, that you may not murmur nor be depressed in your afflictions. When that grace is won look to godliness. Godliness is something more than religion. Make God’s glory your object in life; live in his sight; dwell close to him; seek for fellowship with him; and thou hast "godliness"; and to that add brotherly love. Have a love to all the saints: and add to that a charity, which openeth its arms to all men, and loves their souls. When you are adorned with these jewels, and just in proportion as you practise these heavenly virtues, will you come to know by clearest evidence "your calling and election." "Give diligence," if you would get assurance, for lukewarmness and doubting very naturally go hand in hand.

PM

"All the house of Israel are impudent and hardhearted." – Ezekiel 3:7

Are there no exceptions? No, not one. Even the favoured race are thus described. Are the best so bad?-then what must the worst be? Come, my heart, consider how far thou hast a share in this universal accusation, and while considering, be ready to take shame unto thyself wherein thou mayst have been guilty. The first charge is impudence, or hardness of forehead, a want of holy shame, an unhallowed boldness in evil. Before my conversion, I could sin and feel no compunction, hear of my guilt and yet remain unhumbled, and even confess my iniquity and manifest no inward humiliation on account of it. For a sinner to go to God’s house and pretend to pray to him and praise him argues a brazen-facedness of the worst kind! Alas! since the day of my new birth I have doubted my Lord to his face, murmured unblushingly in his presence, worshipped before him in a slovenly manner, and sinned without bewailing myself concerning it. If my forehead were not as an adamant, harder than flint, I should have far more holy fear, and a far deeper contrition of spirit. Woe is me, I am one of the impudent house of Israel. The second charge is hardheartedness, and I must not venture to plead innocent here. Once I had nothing but a heart of stone, and although through grace I now have a new and fleshy heart, much of my former obduracy remains. I am not affected by the death of Jesus as I ought to be; neither am I moved by the ruin of my fellow men, the wickedness of the times, the chastisement of my heavenly Father, and my own failures, as I should be. O that my heart would melt at the recital of my Saviour’s sufferings and death. Would to God I were rid of this nether millstone within me, this hateful body of death. Blessed be the name of the Lord, the disease is not incurable, the Saviour’s precious blood is the universal solvent, and me, even me, it will effectually soften, till my heart melts as wax before the fire.

Please read the featured page, which is on the persecuted Church. Many believers are paying with their freedom and indeed their lives. As the verse in 1 Cor 12:26 says.. if one member of the body hurts.. so do all the others. We like to go about spiritual gifts which are mentioned in this chapter, but let us remember our responsibility to our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. This page gets changed every week so please keep coming back to it

Click Below

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... var=000044
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word