To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:45 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion. It is a great joy to share with you. Please share your Praise reports, by clicking on the link at the end of this e-mail. Please also share this with all your friends and groups
Thanks

Keith
Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Mathew 5 (King James Version)
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
I live in a village right on the coast and so I love to walk right on the promenade or boardwalk . Last week as I was walking up to the village of Heysham, the Lord showed me something.
It was just coming dark and the Lord just shared with me about the lights on in the village. Not all the lights were on and so it is with the world. Just like the houses which have no lights on, the majority of people's lives do not have Christ, the Light of Life living in them. But Praise God.. we do as believers. We have the Light of Life living within us through HIS HOLY SPIRIT
The Lord shared that when he looks down from heaven, he sees the darkened world, but amongst it all, he sees these little flecks of light.. that's us.
It is the greatest privilege in the world to be a light for Jesus, we are not the light itself, we are reflections of that light. You are daily showing forth His glory through how you live your life
Are you placing your light under a bushel?. You could be doing this by:
Having sin in your life Psalm 119:11
Compromise with the World Psalm 1 and 2 Timothy 4:10
To hide my home church, you would have to put massive screens all around it, and we would never consider that, so why do we hide the light of Jesus from people? If our gospel is hid, it is hid from those who are lost. People need to see Christians as living lights, they are walking in darkness and we have living inside us, the true light, may it shine forth from us every day.
Are you hiding your light? By living a life of compromise and sin. If you are there is a way back. Come to the foot of the cross in repentance and faith and plead for mercy 1 John 1:5-2:2
I love that little chorus which goes
This little light of mine
I'm going to let it shine
Are you letting your light shine amongst your friends and community?
When the Lord looks down from heaven, may he see that we are bright lights shining for him in a dark world, to do this we must have close fellowship with the Father in prayer and know Him through his word.
Are you showing forth the reflective Glory of Jesus?
God bless you
Keith

Devotion 2
Matthew 16 (King James Version)
24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
It is a wonderful thing indeed for someone to come to Jesus for forgiveness and to be accepted as a child of God. But and it is a big but, it doesn't stop there.
Whatever the commitment in faith to the Saviour at the cross when a believer comes in repentance and faith, it has to be replicated on a daily basis as he/she moves forward in discipleship .
The words of Jesus here are strong and sombre and they mean exactly what they say, there is no room for argument here.
It is not addressed to Christians who are seemingly strong in their faith, but to all believers, it is not addressed to Christians in a certain denomination or country or culture, but to all who claim the name Christian.

Note it was not just said to Peter, James and John.. it was said to Matthew and Andrew and Thomas. You may think you make no difference in the kingdom of God, because you haven't got a ministry of importance, but the most important ministry, you can have is living a life of total commitment to God
This is to be done daily, it is not a once for all commitment, it is a daily denying of self, a daily picking up of the cross.
When you are to pick up the cross, then this means we must lay everything else down Hebrews 12:1. What is stopping you from picking up your cross daily believer? Is it the cares and desires of the world?
Where did Jesus go after he said these things, well he went to Jerusalem.. the place appointed for him to die for the sins of the world. Where Jesus goes we must follow, each of us must die literally to self, but we will be raised to newness of Life Galatians 2:20 and Romans 6:1-6
In verse 25, Jesus gives one of his greatest promises. Let me ask you a final question .
Are you seeking to lose your life for His sake?
OR
Are you seeking to save your life for your own sake?
God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening By CH Spurgeon

AM

I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content." – Philippians 4:11
These words show us that contentment is not a natural propensity of man. "Ill weeds grow apace." Covetousness, discontent, and murmuring are as natural to man as thorns are to the soil. We need not sow thistles and brambles; they come up naturally enough, because they are indigenous to earth: and so, we need not teach men to complain; they complain fast enough without any education. But the precious things of the earth must be cultivated. If we would have wheat, we must plough and sow; if we want flowers, there must be the garden, and all the gardener’s care. Now, contentment is one of the flowers of heaven, and if we would have it, it must be cultivated; it will not grow in us by nature; it is the new nature alone that can produce it, and even then we must be specially careful and watchful that we maintain and cultivate the grace which God has sown in us. Paul says, "I have learned ... to be content;" as much as to say, he did not know how at one time. It cost him some pains to attain to the mystery of that great truth. No doubt he sometimes thought he had learned, and then broke down. And when at last he had attained unto it, and could say, "I have learned in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content," he was an old, grey-headed man, upon the borders of the grave-a poor prisoner shut up in Nero’s dungeon at Rome. We might well be willing to endure Paul’s infirmities, and share the cold dungeon with him, if we too might by any means attain unto his good degree. Do not indulge the notion that you can be contented with learning, or learn without discipline. It is not a power that may be exercised naturally, but a science to be acquired gradually. We know this from experience. Brother, hush that murmur, natural though it be, and continue a diligent pupil in the College of Content.

PM

"Unto thee will I cry, O Lord my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit." – Psalm 28:1
A cry is the natural expression of sorrow, and a suitable utterance when all other modes of appeal fail us; but the cry must be alone directed to the Lord, for to cry to man is to waste our entreaties upon the air. When we consider the readiness of the Lord to hear, and his ability to aid, we shall see good reason for directing all our appeals at once to the God of our salvation. It will be in vain to call to the rocks in the day of judgment, but our Rock attends to our cries.
"Be not silent to me." Mere formalists may be content without answers to their prayers, but genuine suppliants cannot; they are not satisfied with the results of prayer itself in calming the mind and subduing the will-they must go further, and obtain actual replies from heaven, or they cannot rest; and those replies they long to receive at once, they dread even a little of God’s silence. God’s voice is often so terrible that it shakes the wilderness; but his silence is equally full of awe to an eager suppliant. When God seems to close his ear, we must not therefore close our mouths, but rather cry with more earnestness; for when our note grows shrill with eagerness and grief, he will not long deny us a hearing. What a dreadful case should we be in if the Lord should become for ever silent to our prayers? "Lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit." Deprived of the God who answers prayer, we should be in a more pitiable plight than the dead in the grave, and should soon sink to the same level as the lost in hell. We must have answers to prayer: ours is an urgent case of dire necessity; surely the Lord will speak peace to our agitated minds, for he never can find it in his heart to permit his own elect to perish.

Please read the featured page, which is called Praise Reports. Details below
http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... var=000044
How has God blessed you, please share and let us know. Read amazing stories of God's working in people's lives.. come and rejoice and see How God is working. Please post your own Praise Reports.. God has been blessing you.. so please share how God is blessing you
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word