To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion.. Please read and click link at bottom

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion.. Please read and click link at bottom

Postby totallylovedbygod » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:38 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion
It is a great Joy to share with you again. Please share this devotion with all your friends and groups. Please click on the link at the bottom, to read the featured page on the site. This page is called the Guest page and contains wonderful articles from special Men and Women of God. This page will contain 6 of the best articles I can find every week. It will only have articles that can stir your faith, there will be nothing here to tickle your ears.

God bless you as you read

Keith

Devotion 1
1 Peter 2
2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
What a wonderful verse!
If you have ever been parents, you will know that a newborn baby will cry and cry until he is fed with milk. Likewise we as spiritual babes need to have a deep craving for the Spiritual substance of God's word.
This is more than deep desire, it means an intense craving, because nothing can truly satisfy us. We are to have a deep passion and eagerness to dig into God's word.. or do we?
Maybe you have been a christian for a few years and you have lost that intense craving for God's word?
Maybe you have put other things before the reading and study of His precious word?
The Lord shared with me a while ago, that the word of God is like our own personal gold mine, but on so many christian gold mines, there is a sign.. unused!!!. Have you dug out the nuggets of Gold from God's word?
Nothing else can satisfy you. Just like a newborn baby, you need to be fed on a regular basis.
What do you think if a baby didn't receive milk on a regular basis? Do you think they would grow up strong?
Likewise regular study of the bible will help us to grow up to maturity in Christ. Because we won't be newborn babes forever.. have you graduated unto strong meat yet?
See 1 Corinthians 3:1-3 and Hebrews 5:12- 6:3

Devotion 2

1 Thess 4

7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.
God has graciously saved us.. amen. But what are we saved for.. well we are saved to be holy Vessels of the One TRUE GOD.
What a glorious calling this is.. surely it is the highest calling anyone can ever have.. amen

This is the divine purpose of God working in our lives in salvation, the outworking of salvation is sanctification.

My brothers and sisters, this is not a popular thing to say, but If you reject this calling upon your life, by saying 'I can do it my own way', then you are rejecting God and telling Him, that he has no right over your life

At salvation, you gave up all rights to your life, you cannot take back your life. God is now in control of your life.

Believer do not reject the call of God on your life.. God's call is to Holiness.. it is to be like Him. We will never be completely like God whilst here on earth, but that is our target. Peter shared some amazing verses in 1 Peter 1

14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Believer, who are you fashioning yourself unto? It will the one we spend most time with.. amen.

Are you spending more time in the world and enjoying it's pleasures, then I/you are spending in the presence of God?

Paul the great apostle, knew the calling of God and he pressed towards it, rejecting everything else that got in his way. See Philippians 3:7-16. Are you doing the same?

Have you rejected the calling of God on your life.. the call to live a holy life.. honouring God and being a witness to the world?

It is time for the church individually and corporately to rise up to God's call.. his call is and has always been to holiness

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening By CH Spurgeon

AM

Renew a right spirit within me." – Psalm 51:10

A backslider, if there be a spark of life left in him will groan after restoration. In this renewal the same exercise of grace is required as at our conversion. We needed repentance then; we certainly need it now. We wanted faith that we might come to Christ at first; only the like grace can bring us to Jesus now. We wanted a word from the Most High, a word from the lip of the loving One, to end our fears then; we shall soon discover, when under a sense of present sin, that we need it now. No man can be renewed without as real and true a manifestation of the Holy Spirit’s energy as he felt at first, because the work is as great, and flesh and blood are as much in the way now as ever they were. Let thy personal weakness, O Christian, be an argument to make thee pray earnestly to thy God for help. Remember, David when he felt himself to be powerless, did not fold his arms or close his lips, but he hastened to the mercy-seat with "renew a right spirit within me." Let not the doctrine that you, unaided, can do nothing, make you sleep; but let it be a goad in your side to drive you with an awful earnestness to Israel’s strong Helper. O that you may have grace to plead with God, as though you pleaded for your very life-"Lord, renew a right spirit within me." He who sincerely prays to God to do this, will prove his honesty by using the means through which God works. Be much in prayer; live much upon the Word of God; kill the lusts which have driven your Lord from you; be careful to watch over the future uprisings of sin. The Lord has his own appointed ways; sit by the wayside and you will be ready when he passes by. Continue in all those blessed ordinances which will foster and nourish your dying graces; and, knowing that all the power must proceed from him, cease not to cry, "Renew a right spirit within me."

PM

"I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee." – Isaiah 44:22

Attentively observe THE INSTRUCTIVE SIMILITUDE: our sins are like a cloud. As clouds are of many shapes and shades, so are our transgressions. As clouds obscure the light of the sun, and darken the landscape beneath, so do our sins hide from us the light of Jehovah’s face, and cause us to sit in the shadow of death. They are earth-born things, and rise from the miry places of our nature; and when so collected that their measure is full, they threaten us with storm and tempest. Alas! that, unlike clouds, our sins yield us no genial showers, but rather threaten to deluge us with a fiery flood of destruction. O ye black clouds of sin, how can it be fair weather with our souls while ye remain?
Let our joyful eye dwell upon THE NOTABLE ACT of divine mercy-"blotting out." God himself appears upon the scene, and in divine benignity, instead of manifesting his anger, reveals his grace: he at once and for ever effectually removes the mischief, not by blowing away the cloud, but by blotting it out from existence once for all. Against the justified man no sin remains, the great transaction of the cross has eternally removed his transgressions from him. On Calvary’s summit the great deed, by which the sin of all the chosen was for ever put away, was completely and effectually performed.
Practically let us obey THE GRACIOUS COMMAND, "return unto me." Why should pardoned sinners live at a distance from their God? If we have been forgiven all our sins, let no legal fear withhold us from the boldest access to our Lord. Let backsliding be bemoaned, but let us not persevere in them. To the greatest possible nearness of communion with the Lord, let us, in the power of the Holy Spirit, strive mightily to return. O Lord, this night restore us!

Thanks for taking time to read these devotions. I hope you have been blessed. Please read the featured page on the site, which is called Guest page. this page contains some of the best christian articles I can find. It is updated every week on Tuesday so please check back often

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... var=000044
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word