To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:34 am

WELCOME TO NOONDAY DEVOTION

What a wonderful joy to share with you again. Please share with all your friends

Devotion 1

Galatians 6

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Paul has shared a long discourse with the church in Galatia about the law and spiritual freedom. He has shared his own life story with them in chapter 2 and shown how the law is made perfect through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.

This is an absolutely fantastic statement.

Paul is saying that he wants nothing to stand in the way of the power of the cross. He wants to keep his focus on the cross. We like Paul need to keep our focus on the cross. Do I/you keep that focus? Speaking for myself, I know I don't spend enough time at the foot of the cross.

Why should we only glory in the cross and spend time at the foot of the cross

Because it shows us what love truly is
Because it shows us the true extent of what God did to save us
Because it causes us to bow the knee in repentance
Because it puts all our service into perspective
Because it robs us of all our pride
Because it shows us, who we really are

Are we like Paul crucified onto this world?
Am I/you glorying in our service and worship to the Lord.. do we think more of ourselves than we ought to?
Do I/you spend enough time at the foot of the cross.. lost in wonder and awe at the sacrifice of Jesus?
Has the wonder of what Jesus did for you.. lost it's freshness and joy?

The cross my brothers and sisters is visited in salvation and that is wonderful, but if we are to have a crucified life, it has to be visited daily as we are to crucify the world and their lusts.

The cross is the sweetest place for the believer to come...do you like the hymn writer say

I CHERISH THE OLD RUGGED CROSS

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

Psalm 40
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
4 Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
5 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.
Hello My dear friends.
This is my favourite psalm, because it is the one from which the Lord first spoke to me back in 1977.
It just describes what God has done for me.. let me share some of these things with you
He heard my cry vs 1. God in his mercy, heard me, my cry for for salvation and true freedom.
He brought me out of the pit of despair and miry clay of sin and has establish me upon a rock.. and that rock is Jesus vs 2
God has put a new song in my heart vs 3. I can rejoice and sing the praises of the one who has saved me
I am blessed in the Lord, because I trusted in Him and don't do the the things I did in my past life, such as lying, stealing etc vs 4
I have a relationship with God that is wonderful. God cares for me so much and loves me totally.. that is why the name he gave me was TOTALLYLOVEDBYGOD.. because that is what I am vs 5
He has opened my ears and eyes to His truth, and wants my life as a living sacrifice vs 6. Which I give to him in grateful thanks
You know this psalm is my favourite, because basically, it is the story of my life. Of a life transformed, where I once was lost, but now am found.
I Live because of the sacrifice of Calvary. Jesus died and rose again so that I could be set free.. I am alive today because I trust in that glorious reality.
This is my story, this is my song.. praising my Saviour all the day long
God bless you
Please read the rest of this glorious psalm
God Bless you

Keith

MORNING AND EVENING BY CHSPURGEON

AM

"The Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world." – I John 4:14
It is a sweet thought that Jesus Christ did not come forth without his Father’s permission, authority, consent, and assistance. He was sent of the Father, that he might be the Saviour of men. We are too apt to forget that, while there are distinctions as to the persons in the Trinity, there are no distinctions of honour. We too frequently ascribe the honour of our salvation, or at least the depths of its benevolence, more to Jesus Christ than we do the Father. This is a very great mistake. What if Jesus came? Did not his Father send him? If he spake wondrously, did not his Father pour grace into his lips, that he might be an able minister of the new covenant? He who knoweth the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost as he should know them, never setteth one before another in his love; he sees them at Bethlehem, at Gethsemane, and on Calvary, all equally engaged in the work of salvation. O Christian, hast thou put thy confidence in the Man Christ Jesus? Hast thou placed thy reliance solely on him? And art thou united with him? Then believe that thou art united unto the God of heaven. Since to the Man Christ Jesus thou art brother, and holdest closest fellowship, thou art linked thereby with God the Eternal, and "the Ancient of days" is thy Father and thy friend. Didst thou ever consider the depth of love in the heart of Jehovah, when God the Father equipped his Son for the great enterprise of mercy? If not, be this thy day’s meditation. The Father sent him! Contemplate that subject. Think how Jesus works what the Father wills. In the wounds of the dying Saviour see the love of the great I AM. Let every thought of Jesus be also connected with the Eternal, ever-blessed God, for "It pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief."

PM

"Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation." – Luke 22:46
When is the Christian most liable to sleep? Is it not when his temporal circumstances are prosperous? Have you not found it so? When you had daily troubles to take to the throne of grace, were you not more wakeful than you are now? Easy roads make sleepy travellers. Another dangerous time is when all goes pleasantly in spiritual matters. Christian went not to sleep when lions were in the way, or when he was wading through the river, or when fighting with Apollyon, but when he had climbed half way up the Hill Difficulty, and came to a delightful arbour, he sat down, and forthwith fell asleep, to his great sorrow and loss. The enchanted ground is a place of balmy breezes, laden with fragrant odours and soft influences, all tending to lull pilgrims to sleep. Remember Bunyan’s description: "Then they came to an arbour, warm, and promising much refreshing to the weary pilgrims; for it was finely wrought above head, beautified with greens, and furnished with benches and settles. It had also in it a soft couch, where the weary might lean." "The arbour was called the Slothful’s Friend, and was made on purpose to allure, if it might be, some of the pilgrims to take up their rest there when weary." Depend upon it, it is in easy places that men shut their eyes and wander into the dreamy land of forgetfulness. Old Erskine wisely remarked, "I like a roaring devil better than a sleeping devil." There is no temptation half so dangerous as not being tempted. The distressed soul does not sleep; it is after we enter into peaceful confidence and full assurance that we are in danger of slumbering. The disciples fell asleep after they had seen Jesus transfigured on the mountain top. Take heed, joyous Christian, good frames are near neighbours to temptations: be as happy as you will, only be watchful

Please read the featured page. It is called Continual Paise. May your heart be filled with Continual Praise. Click Link Below. There are so many wonderful articles on this page, please take time to read them

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... =4&linkv...
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Toni Star
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Wonderful devotion!

Postby Toni Star » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:17 pm

Keith,

Thank you for a wonderful devotion. I was inspired by the words, "14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world."

Such good words to read and has once again reminded me of the power and glory that comes from the Cross of Christ.

Toni
Toni Star, freelance writer/editor and graduate student

"Never give up, for there is always an answer for everyone who seeks, knocks or asks."

totallylovedbygod

Thanks for your encouragement

Postby totallylovedbygod » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:35 am

Am so glad God spoke to you

keith
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word