To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:06 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

Wonderful to have you share with us. Please view the beautiful page called Complete In Christ. This is my favourite page.. I love this page and hope you will love it too
http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... 10?cr=4&...
Devotions
Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Isaiah 62

6 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

You will notice that these two verses are connected and if they could be paraphrased.. they would both say...DON'T STOP!

We are called to be witnesses to Our Saviour, we are called to be intercessors.. amen

In whatever field and area of God's vineyard, you are working, God wants to say to you..DON'T STOP!

Don't stop reaching out in evangelism, don't stop praying for your loved ones.

God wants to hear your prayers day and night, keep not silent before Him and also keep not silent before the world, keep on telling them of the glories of the Lord.

Don't be discouraged believer.. God is saying to you.. DON'T STOP!
Keep not silent in prayer or in sharing the gospel

Devotion 2

2 Timothy 4

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

Paul here was giving good advice to his young protege.. Timothy.

He was first instructing him to preach the word, that is because God is pleased to save souls through the foolishness of preaching.

We are to preach Christ Crucified. Paul is exhorting Timothy to do what he did. God uses preaching, because the word of God is quick and powerful and like a two edged sword. Hebrews 4:12

He tells him to be instant or to be ready. This means, he must at all times have his mind renewed with the word of God Colossians 3:16 and Romans 12:2

To speak it in season and out of season, means that we speak the word of God, whether it is in fashion or out of fashion. In today's day and age, it may not be popular to preach the Gospel that shows man's sin and Christ's sacrifice, but we are to preach it nevertheless.

It is also a gospel of rebuke and reproof, it is not a soft and gentle gospel, we are to preach Christ Crucified and Man's sin and his inability to save himself.

May we always preach the word at all times and to all people in the power of the Holy Spirit

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

"The Lord hath done great things for us, whereof we are glad." – Psalm 126:3

Some Christians are sadly prone to look on the dark side of everything, and to dwell more upon what they have gone through than upon what God has done for them. Ask for their impression of the Christian life, and they will describe their continual conflicts, their deep afflictions, their sad adversities, and the sinfulness of their hearts, yet with scarcely any allusion to the mercy and help which God has vouchsafed them. But a Christian whose soul is in a healthy state, will come forward joyously, and say, "I will speak, not about myself, but to the honour of my God. He hath brought me up out of an horrible pit, and out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings: and he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God. The Lord hath done great things for me, whereof I am glad." Such an abstract of experience as this is the very best that any child of God can present. It is true that we endure trials, but it is just as true that we are delivered out of them. It is true that we have our corruptions, and mournfully do we know this, but it is quite as true that we have an all-sufficient Saviour, who overcomes these corruptions, and delivers us from their dominion. In looking back, it would be wrong to deny that we have been in the Slough of Despond, and have crept along the Valley of Humiliation, but it would be equally wicked to forget that we have been through them safely and profitably; we have not remained in them, thanks to our Almighty Helper and Leader, who has brought us "out into a wealthy place." The deeper our troubles, the louder our thanks to God, who has led us through all, and preserved us until now. Our griefs cannot mar the melody of our praise, we reckon them to be the bass part of our life’s song, "He hath done great things for us, whereof we are glad."
PM

"I will sing of mercy and judgment." – Psalm 101:1

Faith triumphs in trial. When reason is thrust into the inner prison, with her feet made fast in the stocks, faith makes the dungeon walls ring with her merry notes as she cries, "I will sing of mercy and of judgment. Unto thee, O Lord, will I sing." Faith pulls the black mask from the face of trouble, and discovers the angel beneath. Faith looks up at the cloud, and sees that
"‘Tis big with mercy and shall break
In blessings on her head."
There is a subject for song even in the judgments of God towards us. For, first, the trial is not so heavy as it might have been; next, the trouble is not so severe as we deserved to have borne; and our affliction is not so crushing as the burden which others have to carry. Faith sees that in her worst sorrow there is nothing penal; there is not a drop of God’s wrath in it; it is all sent in love. Faith discerns love gleaming like a jewel on the breast of an angry God. Faith says of her grief, "This is a badge of honour, for the child must feel the rod"; and then she sings of the sweet result of her sorrows, because they work her spiritual good. Nay, more, says Faith, "These light afflictions, which are but for a moment, work out for me a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory." So Faith rides forth on the black horse, conquering and to conquer, trampling down carnal reason and fleshly sense, and chanting notes of victory amid the thickest of the fray.
"All I meet I find assists me
In my path to heavenly joy:
Where, though trials now attend me,
Trials never more annoy.
"Blest there with a weight of glory,
Still the path I’ll ne’er forget,
But, exulting, cry, it led me
To my blessed Saviour’s seat."
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word