To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Wed May 27, 2009 9:58 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

It is a great privilege to share with you again. Please view the featured page on the site, which is called Blessed Hope. This page focuses on the Second Coming of our Lord. Pleas read this carefully and click the Links. If you have any comments on the page or anything on these links, please e-mail me at faithhopeandlovefellowship@googlemail.com

Click link below

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... var=000044

Devotion 1
Philemon

11 Which in time past was to thee unprofitable, but now profitable to thee and to me:
12 Whom I have sent again: thou therefore receive him, that is, mine own bowels:
13 Whom I would have retained with me, that in thy stead he might have ministered unto me in the bonds of the gospel:

What happens when someone who has wronged us comes back to church? Paul was writing to a dear Brother, whose slave had deserted him, but had found his way to Paul and had become a Christian. Do we have an attitude like the father in the prodigal son story-welcoming that one or do we have the attitude of the brother?

Let me share something.

I became a Christian at school, one girl in my class gave me a real hard time because of this and other things. But years later, she came to my church and became a Christian. I remember when she first turned up at church, it was a mixture of joy that she had come and well fear I suppose, because of what had happened in the past. But joy of joys, she came to Christ and is still going on with Christ today.

People who we may of witnessed to and shared the gospel with years before, may come to Christ, because of your witness, you may well be a part of a link in chain. This slave who ran away, had probably heard Paul preach in His Master's house and had known where to run to for help.

What we have said in the past is never unused by the Holy Spirit, we may of done an act of christian love to a person who lives near us, that will be built on, as the Holy Spirit, uses your words, another person's act of kindness to bring that soul to the foot of the cross.
Be encouraged believer and be not weary in well doing

Devotion 2
Jesus wept John 11:35
The shortest verse in the bible sure has a big impact. Jesus is really sorrowful, as he comes to the grave of Lazarus, he sees the stone at the tomb of his beloved Friend.

Today, I just want to ask this question:

Is there anything in your life that makes Jesus weep?

Attitudes, habits, thoughts?

When Jesus looks at our lives, is there anything in it that shouldn't be?. If there is, then that makes him weep.

He sees that we are in bondage and this makes him sorrowful, Jesus came to break your bondage, he comes to roll the stone away from your tomb. Are you still in your graveclothes?

If sin in our lives makes Jesus sorrowful, how much more should it make us?. The psalmist said "I will be sorry for my sin". Are we?

Remember, you are saved from the penalty of sin through accepting Christ as Saviour but you can still be under the power of sin, because HE is not yet LORD OF YOUR LIFE. You could be out of the tomb, but still walking about in your graveclothes.. Jesus says it is time to take your graveclothes off and walk in His newness and fulness of Life.

Every believer in Bondage to sin , makes Jesus weep all over again.. amen
God Bless you
Keith

Morning and Evening By CH Spurgeon

AM

"They shall sing in the ways of the Lord." – Psalm 138:5

The time when Christians begin to sing in the ways of the Lord is when they first lose their burden at the foot of the Cross. Not even the songs of the angels seem so sweet as the first song of rapture which gushes from the inmost soul of the forgiven child of God. You know how John Bunyan describes it. He says when poor Pilgrim lost his burden at the Cross, he gave three great leaps, and went on his way singing-
"Blest Cross! blest Sepulchre! blest rather be
The Man that there was put to shame for me!"
Believer, do you recollect the day when your fetters fell off? Do you remember the place when Jesus met you, and said, "I have loved thee with an everlasting love; I have blotted out as a cloud thy transgressions, and as a thick cloud thy sins; they shall not be mentioned against thee any more for ever." Oh! what a sweet season is that when Jesus takes away the pain of sin. When the Lord first pardoned my sin, I was so joyous that I could scarce refrain from dancing. I thought on my road home from the house where I had been set at liberty, that I must tell the stones in the street the story of my deliverance. So full was my soul of joy, that I wanted to tell every snow-flake that was falling from heaven of the wondrous love of Jesus, who had blotted out the sins of one of the chief of rebels. But it is not only at the commencement of the Christian life that believers have reason for song; as long as they live they discover cause to sing in the ways of the Lord, and their experience of his constant lovingkindness leads them to say, "I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth." See to it, brother, that thou magnifiest the Lord this day.
"Long as we tread this desert land,
New mercies shall new songs demand."

PM

"Fear not to go down into Egypt; for I will there make of thee a great nation: I will go down with thee into Egypt; and I will also surely bring thee up again." – Genesis 46:3-4

Jacob must have shuddered at the thought of leaving the land of his father’s sojourning, and dwelling among heathen strangers. It was a new scene, and likely to be a trying one: who shall venture among couriers of a foreign monarch without anxiety? Yet the way was evidently appointed for him, and therefore he resolved to go. This is frequently the position of believers now-they are called to perils and temptations altogether untried: at such seasons let them imitate Jacob’s example by offering sacrifices of prayer unto God, and seeking his direction; let them not take a step until they have waited upon the Lord for his blessing: then they will have Jacob’s companion to be their friend and helper. How blessed to feel assured that the Lord is with us in all our ways, and condescends to go down into our humiliations and banishments with us! Even beyond the ocean our Father’s love beams like the sun in its strength. We cannot hesitate to go where Jehovah promises his presence; even the valley of deathshade grows bright with the radiance of this assurance. Marching onwards with faith in their God, believers shall have Jacob’s promise. They shall be brought up again, whether it be from the troubles of life or the chambers of death. Jacob’s seed came out of Egypt in due time, and so shall all the faithful pass unscathed through the tribulation of life, and the terror of death. Let us exercise Jacob’s confidence. "Fear not," is the Lord’s command and his divine encouragement to those who at his bidding are launching upon new seas; the divine presence and preservation forbid so much as one unbelieving fear. Without our God we should fear to move; but when he bids us to, it would be dangerous to tarry. Reader, go forward, and fear not.
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word