To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Special Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Special Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:16 am

Happy and blessed Resurrection weekend to you all

What a joy to share this devotion with you. May you all be blessed, challenged and encouraged by it. Jesus is so wonderful, through his death, we are set free from the power of sin and brought back into fellowship with God. Through his glorious Resurrection, death is defeated. As the song by Ray Boltz says.. it is ONE DROP OF BLOOD..the precious blood of JESUS that cleanses us from all sin. Please read to the end of these devotions, for the most exciting news ever.

I Invite you to take time to visit the website I have. Please view the link below, which is a unique way of looking at this wonderful week, through the eyes of Nicodemus. Also take time to view the other pages on the site.. especially the interactive ones , which include:

Prayer Requests.. Post your own or pray over the one listed
Praise Reports.. share how God has blessed you
Burden Sharers.. See the needs of your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ
From the Field.. See how God is working in the world today
Guestbook.. please sign.. it does take time to come up.. so please be patient

Link is

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... var=000044

Noonday Devotion By Keith

Devotion 1

John 19

30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

This is my favourite time of the year. Not just because spring is here, but because we can celebrate.. yes celebrate the death of Jesus and His Resurrection from the Dead.

These three small words in the verse above are some of the most awesome words even spoken.

They signify something absolutely extraordinary, something that defies description.

They were the final words of Jesus on the cross and they weren't words of despair.

They were the words of Victory, words of power and words that set many free. They signify the death nail for sin, death and satan. The final nail had not been put in Jesus.. it had been put into the devil and all his works. I just love Colossians 2:11-15, Jesus had made a public exhibition of all the power of sin and death.

The bridge had been built. Sinful men could now approach a Holy God, because it was finished. The supreme work of redemption had been done.. The Perfect Lamb had been slain.. God the Father was satisfied... Jesus had acted as our substitute.

Let me share one more thing.. During the time of Darkness over the earth.. that three hours.. God poured out his anger.. his righteous anger on His beloved Son.. all Of God's anger was poured out upon Jesus.. and this was for us.

The Cross of Calvary is and always will be the place of Greatest mercy.. it is where God showed mercy in abundance to unworthy sinners, but to do that , it had to be the place where God was merciless to His own Beloved Son. I cannot imagine the heart of God at this time, what Jesus went through for us, was totally amazing and just beyond words, but he had to face separation from His Father and the full force of God's righteous anger.. which we should of had and which we deserved.
A perfect and pure sacrifice was needed.. Just like the ram in Genesis 22.. one was provided.. Jesus.. God's precious Son.. It cost Jesus his life and broke the heart of His Father.. but they were prepared to do it for us.

Believer in light of this sacrifice, mine and your only response is to bow and weep and offer our lives as a living sacrifice to God.. amen?

If it isn't then you need to re-assess your so called Christianity and repent?

Devotion 2

Matthew 28

6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

What an awesome invitation?

To everyone who comes to the tombs of all the great leaders and philosophers of History, you will find their bones and lots of pilgrims who come to view the bones and memorials to their leaders etc.

But in the case of Jesus, it is different!!!!!. Outside the tomb of Jesus, is a sign that says ' he is not here..HE IS ALIVE'

The difference between Christianity and every other faith, is that we worship and treasure someone who is NOT DEAD. He rose from the grave.. indeed he did more than rise from the grave.. he destroyed and defeated death itself. Death indeed is the final frontier for us, but Jesus has been there and it has no power over HIM and likewise over men and women who trust in the risen Saviour.

Paul puts it eloquently In 1 Corinthians 15

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

JESUS IS ALIVE

God Bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening By CH Spurgeon

AM

"I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint." – Psalm 22:14

Did earth or heaven ever behold a sadder spectacle of woe! In soul and body, our Lord felt himself to be weak as water poured upon the ground. The placing of the cross in its socket had shaken him with great violence, had strained all the ligaments, pained every nerve, and more or less dislocated all his bones. Burdened with his own weight, the august sufferer felt the strain increasing every moment of those six long hours. His sense of faintness and general weakness were overpowering; while to his own consciousness he became nothing but a mass of misery and swooning sickness. When Daniel saw the great vision, he thus describes his sensations, "There remained no strength in me, for my vigour was turned into corruption, and I retained no strength:" how much more faint must have been our greater Prophet when he saw the dread vision of the wrath of God, and felt it in his own soul! To us, sensations such as our Lord endured would have been insupportable, and kind unconsciousness would have come to our rescue; but in his case, he was wounded, and felt the sword; he drained the cup and tasted every drop.

"O King of Grief! (a title strange, yet true
To thee of all kings only due)
O King of Wounds! how shall I grieve for thee,
Who in all grief preventest me!"
As we kneel before our now ascended Saviour's throne, let us remember well the way by which he prepared it as a throne of grace for us; let us in spirit drink of his cup, that we may be strengthened for our hour of heaviness whenever it may come. In his natural body every member suffered, and so must it be in the spiritual; but as out of all his griefs and woes his body came forth uninjured to glory and power, even so shall his mystical body come through the furnace with not so much as the smell of fire upon it.

PM

"Who is even at the right hand of God." – Romans 8:34

He who was once despised and rejected of men, now occupies the honourable position of a beloved and honoured Son. The right hand of God is the place of majesty and favour. Our Lord Jesus is his people's representative. When he died for them they had rest; he rose again for them, they had liberty; when he sat down at his Father's right hand, they had favour, and honour, and dignity. The raising and elevation of Christ is the elevation, the acceptance, and enshrinement, the glorifying of all his people, for he is their head and representative. This sitting at the right hand of God, then, is to be viewed as the acceptance of the person of the Surety, the reception of the Representative, and therefore, the acceptance of our souls. O saint, see in this thy sure freedom from condemnation. "Who is he that condemneth?" Who shall condemn the men who are in Jesus at the right hand of God?

The right hand is the place of power. Christ at the right hand of God hath all power in heaven and in earth. Who shall fight against the people who have such power vested in their Captain? O my soul, what can destroy thee if Omnipotence be thy helper? If the aegis of the Almighty cover thee, what sword can smite thee? Rest thou secure. If Jesus is thine all-prevailing King, and hath trodden thine enemies beneath his feet; if sin, death, and hell are all vanquished by him, and thou art represented in him, by no possibility canst thou be destroyed.

"Jesus' tremendous name
Puts all our foes to flight:
Jesus, the meek, the angry Lamb,
A Lion is in fight.
"By all hell's host withstood;
We all hell's host o'erthrow;
And conquering them, through Jesus' blood
We still to conquer go."
Exciting News.. you too can receive Jesus as Saviour

If you would like to receive Jesus as Saviour. It is as easy as ABC

Admit that you have broken God's law and that you are guilty before God Romans 3:23 and 6:23
Believe That Jesus took your penalty by dying on the cross of Calvary John 1:12 and Acts 16:30-31
Confess Him before Men .. tell the person who maybe forwared this e-mail to you or write back to me at faithhopeandlovefellowship@googlemail.com

May God bless you always

Your friend

Keith
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word