To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Wings of a Song

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

Pat
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Wings of a Song

Postby Pat » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:57 pm

Wings of a Song

Leaves are burnt of frost, trees are skeletons against grey skies. Grass is brittle, brown, bereft ... the bamboo chime plunks a cold note ... yet ... a feathered host bursts forth its myriad of melodies - separate, scattered, synchronized. A kaleidoscope of melodic beauty transending desolate days. A beauty one cannot see, cannot touch, but taste and receive. A beauty one drinks in, and sighs at its satiety – a beauty that lifts the soul and soars on wings of its song.

In the midst of death, in the midst of troubled times – God is there.

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 NIV

"He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and your rampart." Psalms 91:4 NIV

Pat Guy
©2009
Last edited by Pat on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:14 am

Pat, that's so lovely I don't know where to start. I could hear it, taste it, smell it, feel it. "the bamboo chime plunks a cold note" (I had bamboo chimes. I could HEAR that note and "Plunks" is a perfect choice of words.)
a feathered host bursts forth its myriad of melodies - separate, scattered, "synchronized." (perfect, absolutely perfect). "A beauty one drinks in, and sighs at its satiety" (oh man, that says it all)

I can't wait for Linda to read this. Truly, it's awesome.
"O Jesus, Jesus, dearest Lord, forgive me if I say
For very love, thy sacred name, a thousand times a day.
O Jesus, Lord, with me abide; I rest in Thee whate'er betide.
Thy gracious smile is my reward. I love, I love Thee, Lord.

Mariane Holbrook

Evensong

Postby Evensong » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:45 pm

It IS awesome, dear friend Pat! Lovely images! I could see, hear, and feel it all too! I love your writing! You are such a blessing in sooo many ways. :angel2
Blessings, Linda Owen
“...We have seen His glory....” John 1:14 (NIV)

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=8963

Return to Encouragement from the Word