To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

NOONDAY DEVOTION

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

NOONDAY DEVOTION

Postby totallylovedbygod » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:04 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

It is a joy to share with you again. My name is Keith and I live in Heysham a small village near Morecambe in the United Kingdom. Please share where you are receiving this devotion at.

Please share this devotion with your friends and groups. also if you would like to be added to the mailing list, then please e-mail me at faithhopeandlovefellowship@googlemail.com

Keith

Noonday Devotion By Keith

Devotion 1

Acts 20

22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:

23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

The apostle Paul went through such a lot for the gospel, but he truly didn't care. The modern phrase he would use, would be 'it's like water off a duck back'.

I love these three verses, they should be the cry of our own heart.

In verse 22 he just oozes confidence in God. He does not know what will happen to him in Jerusalem, but he goes bound in the Spirit. He was so bound to Christ, his closeness in communion to Christ is so defining here.. it is so defining in our lives?

Are we bound to Christ like Paul was and are we prepared to go to our Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to us, but having total confidence in God's care. or are we bound to sin and to the ways of this world?

Nothing that had happened to Paul or would happen would move Him. He went through beatings, prison and mob violence towards him, but absolutely nothing shifted his Faith or His focus off Christ. What moves you believer.. does anything or everything?

Is my/your faith and focus shifted easily, because of the slightest thing? Paul's wasn't and neither should ours.

In this day and age, where in many places in the developed world, it is easy to be a christian, we are so easily shifted in our faith and focus. Maybe persecution would be a good thing for some christians.. it would certainly refine the church....amen

Can I ask you

Do you count your life dear to yourself?. Have you given up your life for the gospel's sake?

Have you given up on the ministry God has given you?. After all your ministry has been hand picked for you by God.. only you can do that work for him.. whether it is cleaning the church or making tea or preaching to thousands. All ministries great or small testify to the great gospel of grace

What would of happened if Jesus had given up and not gone to the cross and just gone back to heaven.. no salvation.. no precious gospel to proclaim... think about it believer

Keith

Devotion 2

Micah 7

18 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

19 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

Hallelujah.. God is truly awesome

Answer to the question in verse 18.. no one is like unto thee Precious Father God

Just to pick out two things.. he delighteth in mercy. God is merciful.. his mercy endures for ever. his mercy is shown at the cross..mercy was so in evidence at Calvary

He will deal with our iniquities and sins. In Psalm 103 (please read ), we have a whole psalm detailing this. Truly God is awesome.. he is mighty, majestic and merciful.

Meditate on these verses and realise what God has done for you

Do we really have a comprehension of how truly awesome God is? If we did, then it would truly change the way we act towards Him and towards each other.. amen?

If we saw God as all powerful, as He is, then surely our faith would be stronger. Our view of How awesome God is, defines our level of faith. God can do everything and anything believer.

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

"Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ." – II Peter 3:18

"Grow in grace"-not in one grace only, but in all grace. Grow in that root-grace, faith. Believe the promises more firmly than you have done. Let faith increase in fulness, constancy, simplicity. Grow also in love. Ask that your love may become extended, more intense, more practical, influencing every thought, word, and deed. Grow likewise in humility. Seek to lie very low, and know more of your own nothingness. As you grow downward in humility, seek also to grow upward -having nearer approaches to God in prayer and more intimate fellowship with Jesus. May God the Holy Spirit enable you to "grow in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour." He who grows not in the knowledge of Jesus, refuses to be blessed. To know him is "life eternal," and to advance in the knowledge of him is to increase in happiness. He who does not long to know more of Christ, knows nothing of him yet. Whoever hath sipped this wine will thirst for more, for although Christ doth satisfy, yet it is such a satisfaction, that the appetite is not cloyed, but whetted. If you know the love of Jesus-as the hart panteth for the water-brooks, so will you pant after deeper draughts of his love. If you do not desire to know him better, then you love him not, for love always cries, "Nearer, nearer." Absence from Christ is hell; but the presence of Jesus is heaven. Rest not then content without an increasing acquaintance with Jesus. Seek to know more of him in his divine nature, in his human relationship, in his finished work, in his death, in his resurrection, in his present glorious intercession, and in his future royal advent. Abide hard by the Cross, and search the mystery of his wounds. An increase of love to Jesus, and a more perfect apprehension of his love to us is one of the best tests of growth in grace.

PM

"Behold, if the leprosy have covered all his flesh, he shall pronounce him clean that hath the plague." – Leviticus 13:13

Strange enough this regulation appears, yet there was wisdom in it, for the throwing out of the disease proved that the constitution was sound. This evening it may be well for us to see the typical teaching of so singular a rule. We, too, are lepers, and may read the law of the leper as applicable to ourselves. When a man sees himself to be altogether lost and ruined, covered all over with the defilement of sin, and in no part free from pollution; when he disclaims all righteousness of his own, and pleads guilty before the Lord, then he is clean through the blood of Jesus, and the grace of God. Hidden, unfelt, unconfessed iniquity is the true leprosy; but when sin is seen and felt, it has received its deathblow, and the Lord looks with eyes of mercy upon the soul afflicted with it. Nothing is more deadly than self-righteousness, or more hopeful than contrition. We must confess that we are "nothing else but sin," for no confession short of this will be the whole truth; and if the Holy Spirit be at work with us, convincing us of sin, there will be no difficulty about making such an acknowledgment -it will spring spontaneously from our lips. What comfort does the text afford to truly awakened sinners: the very circumstance which so grievously discouraged them is here turned into a sign and symptom of a hopeful state! Stripping comes before clothing; digging out the foundation is the first thing in building-and a thorough sense of sin is one of the earliest works of grace in the heart. O thou poor leprous sinner, utterly destitute of a sound spot, take heart from the text, and come as thou art to Jesus-
"For let our debts be what they may, however great or small,
As soon as we have nought to pay, our Lord forgives us all.
'Tis perfect poverty alone that sets the soul at large:
While we can call one mite our own, we have no full discharge."

Please view this weeks featured page, which is China Cry. This is a page of Prayer for China. Click the link below

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... var=000044
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word