To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

It is a great Joy to share with you again. I do hope you are blessed by these devotions. If you are not yet on the mailing list, please reply to faithhopeandlovefellowship@googlemail.com and I will gladly send them to you

Please share these devotions with your friends and groups and please click on the link at the end and post a praise report.. let people know what God has done for you

God bless

Keith

Noonday Devotion By Keith

Devotion 1

Ephesians 2

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

What a wonderful salvation we have.. amen!

These verses tell us, what we were and what we are now in Christ. Aren't they awesome?

It is good to remember where we have come from.. what we were in the past, it surely makes us appreciate what we have now. This is true in the spiritual realm, it describes us as being without hope, we were without God in the world and we were strangers and aliens from the promises of God.

We have been saved though through the precious blood of the Lord Jesus. Now we can come right into the throne room of God Hebrews 10:19-23. Doesn't that make you rejoice?

When I was thinking about these verses, what came to me was the word circumcision. You know that every male Jew had to circumcised just after birth and the verse that came to mind is in Colossians chapter 2

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Isn't this verse awesome? You know the Lord reminded me that what the Holy Spirit does at salvation is incredible, he reaches into our lives and gives us a new heart, just as God had promised in the Old Testament. Ezekiel 11:19 and 36:26

It is surgery without hands. It is the most incredible operation ever to be carried out, God the Holy Spirit, reaches into your heart and gives you a new heart

What God promised in the Old Testament, he fulfilled in the New and is still doing this operation without hands today.

Have you had a new heart placed inside you?

Are you made nigh to the throne of God by the Blood of Christ?

Or are you still without hope and without God?

Trust in the Saviour today.. without delay

Keith

Devotion 2

Titus 3

3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

One of the most popular television programmes in the UK, is Doctor Who. This is about a time travelling time lord who travels through space and time. In the series, the actor who plays him changes from time to time and this means he has to re-generate.

Re-generate means to change and he (the doctor) changes his appearance.

But the greatest re-generation that can ever happen is to be made anew by God by the re-generation of the Holy Spirit in salvation. When this happens, we don't change our outward appearance but something even more redical happens. we are given a completely new nature. 2 Corinthians 5:17-19

This is the greatest change anyone can undertake, it is truly life changing, life enhancing and life giving.

How is this re-generation carried out? It is truly the work of the Holy Spirit, he does the work in our salvation. When I was saved it was just like a curtain going up.. to others it was like scales falling from their eyes.

It was for me, the greatest thing to ever happen to me. God's mercy was shown to me through Christ 's sacrifice on the cross.

What can I say but thank you Lord for opening my eyes and doing this miracle of re-generation, not on my outward appearance, but on my inner being and making me a new creation, free from the power and penalty of sin and death

Hallelujah and Praise God for his great mercy

God bless you

I hope you know God's mercy in your own life

Keith

Morning and Evening By CH Spurgeon

AM

"Ye must be born again." – John 3:7

Regeneration is a subject which lies at the very basis of salvation, and we should be very diligent to take heed that we really are "born again," for there are many who fancy they are, who are not. Be assured that the name of a Christian is not the nature of a Christian; and that being born in a Christian land, and being recognized as professing the Christian religion is of no avail whatever, unless there be something more added to it-the being "born again," is a matter so mysterious, that human words cannot describe it. "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." Nevertheless, it is a change which is known and felt: known by works of holiness, and felt by a gracious experience. This great work is supernatural. It is not an operation which a man performs for himself: a new principle is infused, which works in the heart, renews the soul, and affects the entire man. It is not a change of my name, but a renewal of my nature, so that I am not the man I used to be, but a new man in Christ Jesus. To wash and dress a corpse is a far different thing from making it alive: man can do the one, God alone can do the other. If you have then, been "born again," your acknowledgment will be, "O Lord Jesus, the everlasting Father, thou art my spiritual Parent; unless thy Spirit had breathed into me the breath of a new, holy, and spiritual life, I had been to this day 'dead in trespasses and sins.' My heavenly life is wholly derived from thee, to thee I ascribe it. 'My life is hid with Christ in God.' It is no longer I who live, but Christ who liveth in me." May the Lord enable us to be well assured on this vital point, for to be unregenerate is to be unsaved, unpardoned, without God, and without hope

PM

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible." – I Peter 1:23

Peter most earnestly exhorted the scattered saints to love each other "with a pure heart fervently" and he wisely fetched his argument, not from the law, from nature, or from philosophy, but from that high and divine nature which God hath implanted in his people. Just as some judicious tutor of princes might labour to beget and foster in them a kingly spirit and dignified behaviour, finding arguments in their position and descent, so, looking upon God's people as heirs of glory, princes of the blood royal, descendants of the King of kings, earth's truest and oldest aristocracy, Peter saith to them, "See that ye love one another, because of your noble birth, being born of incorruptible seed; because of your pedigree, being descended from God, the Creator of all things; and because of your immortal destiny, for you shall never pass away, though the glory of the flesh shall fade, and even its existence shall cease." It would be well if, in the spirit of humility, we recognized the true dignity of our regenerated nature, and lived up to it. What is a Christian? If you compare him with a king, he adds priestly sanctity to royal dignity. The king's royalty often lieth only in his crown, but with a Christian it is infused into his inmost nature. He is as much above his fellows through his new birth, as a man is above the beast that perisheth. Surely he ought to carry himself, in all his dealings, as one who is not of the multitude, but chosen out of the world, distinguished by sovereign grace, written among "the peculiar people" and who therefore cannot grovel in the dust as others, nor live after the manner of the world's citizens. Let the dignity of your nature, and the brightness of your prospects, O believers in Christ, constrain you to cleave unto holiness, and to avoid the very appearance of evil.

Thank you Friends

If you wish to receive these devotions direct to your inbox, then please e-mail me at faithhopeandlovefellowship@googlemail.com

Please view the featured page on the site, which is Praise Reports. Please share your news of what God has done for you. Click the Link below

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... var=000044

God bless you and don't forget to share these devotions with your friends

Thanks.. see you soon

Keith

Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word