To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Paragraph format

Back to the basics with regular Challenge winner, Ann Grover. Weekly lessons to help you hone your basic writing skills.

Moderator: itsjoanne

Fledgling Writer
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Paragraph format

Postby Fledgling Writer » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:42 am

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I don't want to be presumptuous.

I'm writing a book which I intend to post in the FaithWriters ebook store. I'm doing some self-editing before I submit for a professional edit. I fouund myself moving the paragraphs at the end of the page to the next page when they straddle between pages.

The question: Is it okay for the paragraph to be "broken" between pages? This is a work of fiction.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance for your time.
"I think literature always emerges from things that have damaged someone, and there is a kind of literature where the authors don't choose their subject, but deal with one that is thrust upon them." - Herta Mueller (2009 Nobel Prize winner for literature)

Catch www.Apologetix.com for Christian music parodies. For example, Beach Boys "Fun, Fun, Fun" is "John 1:1"

Praise The Lord!

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:24 am

Hi Fledgling. Let the break be natural (where it would normally occur). This is particularly important when formatting e-books, because if someone is reading it on an e-reader, then they won't necessarily see the pages as you would in a book. So if a paragraph moves onto a new page, let it flow over like that.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to Ann's Grammar Basics