A break from commas

Back to the basics with regular Challenge winner, Ann Grover. Weekly lessons to help you hone your basic writing skills.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy »

Green Leaves wrote:I feel really dumb here. But I'm not seeing what Jan's talking about so I don't miss a post. Can someone help me out?
When you are posting to a thread, a list will show under the write-box...

Disable HTML
Disable BBCode
Disable Smilies :cry:
Attach signature
Notify me when a reply is posted.

Click the bottom box, "Notify me" and the Emails well be sent to you when some one replies to that specific thread. Not getting it may be caused by your Email server seeing that notice as spam or bulk mail. Check your Email's spam box and see if you have one there, mark it as good and you should be able to get them each time.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.
GreenLeaves
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by GreenLeaves »

Thanks, Pup, you're so helpful! :D
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=45576

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence
GreenLeaves
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by GreenLeaves »

For some reason I'm still missing some posts even though I've checked that box. I've noticed that on various threads. And I have checked my spam box too and they are not there. I can't figure out what is happening.

If I can remember (sometimes this fibro brain fog is so irritating) I'll check with my husband, maybe he can figure it out.

Thanks.

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence
Anja
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Post by Anja »

Is there anything I can do to help?

Like....

Email an Alert to you each time I post? And nag you incessantly?

I really wouldn't nag you, but I could email or post Alerts.
Ann Grover Stocking

"What remains of a story after it is finished? Another story..." Eli Wiesel
GreenLeaves
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by GreenLeaves »

I hate missing anything, but I wouldn't want to add to your work load.

flyingcross
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Probably Missed This one, sorry.

Post by flyingcross »

Hi,
I missed all of these. If too late, I enjoyed this lesson just the same. It was very helpful.
Thank you,
Cindy

One of my favorite things is doing the laundry. It’s relaxing to me, and nothing makes me happier than my hanging clothes in the sunshine. My neighbor, whose husband is a truck driver, says she doesn’t have time, so she dries hers in a dryer. I love the way ours smell so fresh, not perfumed like theirs. I learned to love laundry from my grandmother. She’d laugh at my swirling the sudsy water with my fingers. Hers were red and raw at day’s end, with their having so much laundry and her using homemade soap.
glorybee

Post by glorybee »

Cindy, I just posted this over on Ann's other thread, but I'll add it here just in case you miss one.

Ann's on vacation for a few days (Canada's COLD in February!), but she'll be back after she's warmed up down south. I'm sure she'll be glad to check out your comma paragraph then--no marks off for being late, either!
Jan Ackerson -- Follow me, friend me, give me a wave!
http://www.superioreditingservice.com
Twitter: @janackerson1
Instagram: janackerson
Facebook: Jan Worgul Ackerson, Superior Editing Service, Jan Ackerson, writer

Return to “Ann's Grammar Basics”