To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Suggestions wanted--coming back soon

These lessons, by one of our most consistent FaithWriters' Challenge Champions, should not be missed. So we're making a permanent home for them here.

Moderators: mikeedwards, glorybee

glorybee

Suggestions wanted--coming back soon

Postby glorybee » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:31 pm

I'm going to give this forum another chance, starting with a new series of lessons next week (either Sunday evening or Monday morning). I had a list at one point with suggestions of possible lessons, but I've mislocated it, and I don't want to search through multiple threads, compiling it again.

So I'd welcome any suggestions for writing lessons. I'm not thrilled about doing pure grammar lessons, but I'd love to cover anything on the art of writing well. I'm thinking of alternating reader-suggested lessons with lessons based on the judging criteria of the writing challenge.

And of course, any ideas you may have for getting more participation would be lovely. I'd especially like to pull in writers from Beginners and Intermediate levels of the writing challenge.
Jan Ackerson

RachelM
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Suggestions wanted--coming back soon

Postby RachelM » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:16 am

I love the idea of lessons based on the judging criteria for the weekly challenge! That would be incredibly practical. :D

In the January FathWriters newsletter there was a request for submissions for the Great Multitude Daily Devotional. Could you do a lesson on what makes for a great devotional that resonates with readers?
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

glorybee

Re: Suggestions wanted--coming back soon

Postby glorybee » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:42 am

Rachel, thanks for this suggestion. It'll be my first lesson for 2014--look for it tomorrow or the next day.
Jan Ackerson

Return to Jan's Writing Basics