To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

#13--The Well-Crafted Short Story

These lessons, by one of our most consistent FaithWriters' Challenge Champions, should not be missed. So we're making a permanent home for them here.

Moderators: mikeedwards, glorybee

puregrace7
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: #13--The Well-Crafted Short Story

Postby puregrace7 » Wed May 18, 2011 9:32 pm

(Envision a nervous giggle here)

Telling:
She was so disappointed in herself. She learned, by reading online, that she had written her entire challenge entry in ‘telling’ mode, which was completely unacceptable. Although she was quite alone, she blushed at the thought that she could be so ignorant.

Showing:

Her eyes bugged out at the computer screen and her heart sunk as she read the writing tips under the topic of The Well-Crafted Short Story. “What an ignoramus!” she chided as she knocked herself in the head with the palm of her hand. “I told the whole story instead of showing it. And I already submitted it. Phooey! I wonder if I could rewrite the story, correctly, and submit it under the next topic?”

(Another nervous giggle)

Do you think there’s any hope?

glorybee

Re: #13--The Well-Crafted Short Story

Postby glorybee » Thu May 19, 2011 1:37 pm

No need to be nervous--we're all friends here.

Your two examples were great, and I'm sure that you're a quick study. You'll be just fine--glad to have you in this wondeful, faith-filled community of writers!
Jan Ackerson

Previous

Return to Jan's Writing Basics