To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Home work Assignments

These lessons, by one of our most consistent FaithWriters' Challenge Champions, should not be missed. So we're making a permanent home for them here.

Moderators: mikeedwards, glorybee

mymask
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Home work Assignments

Postby mymask » Mon May 10, 2010 7:25 pm

1. Every day of the week I don my everyday duds, so come sunday, I prefer a suit and tie.

2. Adding a physical defect or challenge usually adds a little flavor to a specific character.

3. "Uh-oh... I hope that's not what I think it is."

"Ple-e-ease Frank, don't tell me you're out of gas?"

"Dear God, not now...we're only two miles from the station."

"I can't believ...."

"What was that? Did you see that?"

Frank caught a glimpse of something sparkling in the weeds, just on the righthand side of the road.

"It was glowing-- more red than silver I think."

"Well whatwever it was isn't going to put gas in this car now is it?"

As the tires graced the weeds just off the soft shoulder, Frank yields the steamy vehicle to Ethel (and her barbs) in search of the speechless glowing object.

"Ha-ha! listen Ethel--V-r-rum--how sweet it is."

"Frank--how did you do that?"

"Well my dear, curiosity gets the gas. That shiny red object just happened to be a gas can and it wasn't empty!

"Well shut my mouth...."

" Lord-- You heard the woman!"
KATAB: (Hebrew) " To write, inscribe, describe, ENGRAVE." Lord may our words engrave in the hearts of Men, an image of YOU!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

glorybee

Re: Home work Assignments

Postby glorybee » Mon May 10, 2010 8:32 pm

mymask wrote:1. Every day of the week I don my everyday duds, so come Sunday, I prefer a suit and tie. Perfect!

2. Adding a physical defect or challenge usually adds a little flavor to a specific character. Absolutely! This is conflict, and it's a very important component of good fiction.

3. "Uh-oh... I hope that's not what I think it is."

"Ple-e-ease Frank, don't tell me you're out of gas?"

"Dear God, not now...we're only two miles from the station."

"I can't believ...."

"What was that? Did you see that?"

Frank caught a glimpse of something sparkling in the weeds, just on the righthand two words: right hand side of the road.

"It was glowing-- more red than silver I think."

"Well whatwever it was isn't going to put gas in this car now is it?"

As the tires graced the weeds just off the soft shoulder, Frank yields the steamy vehicle to Ethel (and her barbs) in search of the speechless glowing object. Take a look at those two highlighted verbs. One is in past tense, one is in present tense. They should be consistent.

"Ha-ha! listen Ethel--V-r-rum--how sweet it is."

"Frank--how did you do that?"

"Well my dear, curiosity gets the gas. That shiny red object just happened to be a gas can and it wasn't empty!

"Well shut my mouth...."

" Lord-- You heard the woman!"

Love the humor, and I love the kicker! Lots of fun to read.

Oh, by the way, it's best if you post your homework as a "reply" to the original lesson, rather than starting your own thread. I just happened to stumble upon this post, but if you post in the lesson thread, I get an e-mail notification and I'll be certain not to miss it. And when you post to the lesson thread, everyone else can benefit from your participation, too!
Jan Ackerson

mymask
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby mymask » Mon May 10, 2010 8:39 pm

Thanks Jan. I realized my mistake as soon a I posted. sorry.
I really do appreciate your classes. I always read the material, I'll try to be more active! God bless you. John.
KATAB: (Hebrew) " To write, inscribe, describe, ENGRAVE." Lord may our words engrave in the hearts of Men, an image of YOU!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Return to Jan's Writing Basics