To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

ATTENTION PLEASE! RE: JAN'S MASTER CLASS--COMPILED

These lessons, by one of our most consistent FaithWriters' Challenge Champions, should not be missed. So we're making a permanent home for them here.

Moderators: mikeedwards, glorybee

Green Leaves
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

ATTENTION PLEASE! RE: JAN'S MASTER CLASS--COMPILED

Postby Green Leaves » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 am

I recently asked Jan is she would send me her lessons that were put together called, "Jan's Master Class--Compiled", and she was unable to do so because she lost them in a computer crash.

She said she had sent them to about 20 people and that I might be able to get them from one of you. Does someone have that available that they would be willing to send me?

You may contact me at [mod edit]

I have been learning so much from Jan's classes and just wanted to take advantage of a few that I missed.

I forgot to ask her about her classes on poetry which I would also like to have if they are compiled; otherwise, I'll just check out each individual lesson on this forum.

A big thanks to anyone who would be willing to do this for me!

Carol
Last edited by Green Leaves on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=45576

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence

srashmi

Postby srashmi » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:36 am

On its way. :)

Green Leaves

Postby Green Leaves » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:41 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I appreciate this so much!

Carol

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence

glorybee

Postby glorybee » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Seema, can you send it to me, please?
Jan Ackerson

pheeweed

Postby pheeweed » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:03 pm

Jan,

When you get it, is there a way to make it available to the rest of us without too much work?

Thanks, Phee

(of course the best part of your classes is the feedback you give each participant - but I'll settle for the lessons)
Phee
A friend of the Bridegroom

http://www.delightedmeditations.blogspot.com

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philippians 4:8 NLT

Carole L

Postby Carole L » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Carol, I'm not sure how much this is really a problem. But I have been told to do this by several computer geeks:

Just to avoid spam, you really shouldn't put your email address in a public forum.

If you do, one thing that will help avoid automated trollers (which is how most spam is sent) is to use the word at instead of the @ sign.

Most people will realize the correct way to use it, but most automated systems will not catch that it is an email address and won't pick it up.

Sometimes I have to remind myself, everything we write on these boards is actually open to whoever in the entire world is interested in reading them. I have googled my name, and had several of my comments here on the boards have come up in the search.
Carole

Proud to be a 500 member.
I don't know the master plan, but I know the Master has a plan.

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=34113

glorybee

Postby glorybee » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Carole, thanks for the reminder. I edited out Carol's e-mail address, per your advice (she's received the doc already)

Phee, send me a PM with your e-mail address, and I'll send it out to you. I've been reviewing it a bit this afternoon, and it's got an embarrassing number of typos--I'll fix them up when I get home from my daughter's house of Friday.
Jan Ackerson

Green Leaves

Postby Green Leaves » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Thanks to Carole and Jan for taking care of me. I'm so naive, that didn't even occur to me. I'll try to be more careful in the future.

Carol

CatLin

Postby CatLin » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:15 pm

glorybee wrote: I've been reviewing it a bit this afternoon, and it's got an embarrassing number of typos.

Typos are allowed (and automatically forgiven) on the Message Boards. ;) But I had to laugh at the irony. :lol:
Catrina Bradley
FaithWriters Profile
Scattered Seeds
Jewels of Encouragement

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes." Psalm 18:24 (The Message)

Mike Newman
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Re: ATTENTION PLEASE! RE: JAN'S MASTER CLASS--COMPILED

Postby Mike Newman » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Is this compilation still floating around somewhere?

Mike

glorybee

Postby glorybee » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Mike, send me a PM with your email address.
Jan Ackerson

trudynewell
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby trudynewell » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi - If it's not too late, I'd like a copy too. Thanks

Return to Jan's Writing Basics