I noticed that you edited the lesson to reflect Yvonne's and my rut of starting with "the." Having established my challenge entry direction, though not yet submitted, I will attempt to rise to your ExtraCredit challenge. AT least I may get EC somewhere.
1. Staring at the puddle until it evaporated, the vain leaf enjoyed its reflection.
2. Bemoaning that it had not been created a teapot, the coffee pot gagged as the noxious brew filtered through it once again.
3. Climbing above its fellows, the cloud believed it reigned supreme.
4. Shivering, the bed ashamedly awaited the return of its freshly laundered clothes.
5. Flooded farmers wished the river had not tumbled out of bed.
6. laced with sarcasm, the velcro shoes declared disdain for their lazy owner with a good tongue-lashing.
7. Backlighting the rainbow, the sun rejoiced to share a ray of hope.
8. Having had a combustion engine for so long, the car found the electric replacement totally shocking.
9. Gossiping was the whispering wind's favorite pastime.
10. After screeching its alarm for two hours without response, the clock was really ticked.
Hope you enjoyed the puns, too.