anthropomorphism

These lessons, by one of our most consistent FaithWriters' Challenge Champions, should not be missed. So we're making a permanent home for them here.

Moderators: mikeedwards, RedBaron, glorybee, mikeedwards, RedBaron, glorybee, mikeedwards, RedBaron, glorybee

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

glorybee wrote:(And on a side note--am I the only person here who will admit to snickering a little bit as a teen, every time I heard the phrase "Balaam's ass"?)
The sentence "Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day?" cracks me up even more... Like his rear end is talking away to him. :heehee
So, I started talking to the bee "whachu wanna say ta me little Mr. bee? Come on. I know you're putting me on. Go ahead, say somethin'".

Don't worry, he didn't answer.
What's that mean about those of us who do get answers? :shock:
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight
glorybee

Post by glorybee »

Miss Amy! I'm shocked! (and delighted)
Jan Ackerson -- Follow me, friend me, give me a wave!
http://www.superioreditingservice.com
Twitter: @janackerson1
Instagram: janackerson
Facebook: Jan Worgul Ackerson, Superior Editing Service, Jan Ackerson, writer
beff
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Post by beff »

glorybee wrote:Sure they are! Like I said in the beginning, the definitions of personification and anthroposdajbalkjgfafgkljimorphism often overlap--I tend to think of personification as applying to things (like flowers) and anthroakfdsghnagjaasdlsdgkjambnzxmlfdksjimorphism to animals (or half-and-half animals), but if you want to call it all anthroalskjxcnasdlnalgjaoirtjldskagaglkjamorphism, be my guest.
Miss Jan -- Could you please pronounce those words for me? :)
Beth LaBuff

..in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son... Hebrews 1:2
hwnj
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by hwnj »

Teacher, are you demonstrating a frog trying to catch a fly? Otherwise you aren't looking very professional this evening. :-)
Holly

"There are two ways of spreading light -- to be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it." Edith Wharton

'It is better to be liked for the true you, than to be loved for who people think you are.'

"In order to realize the worth of the anchor, one needs to feel the stress of the storm." Daily Encouragement Net (Stephen & Brooksyne Weber)

My Profile
Pat
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Pat »

Sorry to bring this back up but I guess I missed this week. And although my 'character' doesn't speak, does this still fall in with what you mean?

http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... hp?id=5239

It's an old story and still needs some work, but I loved rereading it anyway. :wink:
Colswann1
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Colswann1 »

Jan - just trying to catch up.

“Hey, you're supposed to be devouring hay in this new kingdom. So why the saliva drip every time I pass? You're supposed to lie down with me and be mates – you'll be in big trouble with the boss if you revert to your old ways.”

Snap! “That was worth dying for.”

Return to “Jan's Writing Basics”