To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Enemies

A place to discuss writing and publishing of Devotions and other Inspirational Articles. Feel free to share your devotionals and inspirational articles here.

Moderator: Deb Porter

eaglelion

Enemies

Postby eaglelion » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:14 pm

Hi -

Surely, it’s probably true that we all, who are old enough . . . have at least one enemy for one reason or another. Such is reality. I choose to use this opportunity to share that there has indeed been positive growth in my mindset relative to enemies. I’ve learned from them and they’ve learned from me.

Misunderstandings occur and sometimes it’s understandings that occur to shift the atmosphere in relationships. I’ve come to a place to know that my enemies don’t define the essence of me and I don’t define the essence of them. We don’t need to validate one another to go about our lives and business.

Truly, I’m grateful and better for having engaged with my enemies when those engagements were in place. Sometimes, what begins in harmony develops into disharmony. Divorced folks can certainly attest to that. There’s an old song, “It’s a Thin Line Between Love and Hate.” I don’t know about the accuracy of that but I do know that circumstances can warrant exits. All exits aren’t graceful but hey, it is what it is.

We’re all finite beings with flaws and shortcomings. We’re wrong and we’re right in our choices as we live, learn and amend . . . Simple and complex are in the equations. We don’t always compute and calculate accurately. Years ago, when I ceased to date a particular man, this is what I told one of his relatives, “He’s a beautiful person and I’m a beautiful person. We stopped being beautiful together.”

What I can express here with certainty is that I’ve learned to love my enemies. Does that mean that I trust them or desire to re-connect with them? Not necessarily -- but love and forgive
them -- I do.

And one other good report is that there are instances when enemies can become
friends . . . -- truly. But life is such that it isn’t wise to unreasonably spin wheels or wait to discover . . . We need to press on and do what we’re purposed to accomplish. My aim is to keep love as my signature style.

To my enemies, among other things . . . , I say, thank you.

Written March 24, 2014
Psalm 63:8 - KJV
My soul followeth hard after thee:...

My profile http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=42309

Return to Devotional/Inspirational Writing