To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Frank might get to go to England... maybe...

Share your prayer requests here. "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." -Mark 11:24

Moderators: beaedwards, RedBaron

RedBaron

Frank might get to go to England... maybe...

Postby RedBaron » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:44 pm

This needs some major prayer - The company Frank works for is sending a group of employees to England to build one of the units that they make (things called loadbanks, hard to explain quickly lol). Anyway, he heard yesterday that it had been decided who was going, but now he heard it wasn't decided and he is hoping to get selected to go. At first he didn't, because one particular guy was said to be going and he said he wouldn't be able to stand being with him that long lol.

So, we're praying for God's will, as this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity for him to go to Europe. We wouldn't be able to go with him, as they aren't paying for family to travel. If he's selected, he'd be gone for 6 weeks over the summer. With both of his classes he's taking this summer being online, he wouldn't have to skip the summer session, as he could log in from there.

It would be strange having him gone that long (but we survived being in different states before we got married for about a year), but it would be an amazing experience and there's Skype :). I just wish there was some way to have all of us get to go, but unless we hit the lottery (which we don't play), I don't see that happening lol.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Re: Frank might get to go to England... maybe...

Postby Deb Porter » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:21 pm

What a wonderful opportunity! Praying it will happen for him, Shari.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

RachelM
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:45 pm

I'm praying about this opportunity. Sounds exciting!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

cgalmond
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby cgalmond » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:38 am

So you want him to have a look at the English. We are a peculiar breed, but what he would find here is, a warm welcome and he might be invited to a tea party (no not the Boston one). We have forgiven you for that!. Seriously I will pray that something happens and that is name is on the list.

Greetings from across the pond. Cyril Almond. :welcome

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:59 am

He's really hoping to go, especially to get a chance to see some castles :)
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:09 pm

Well, even though he's on the list of "Possibly going", the one guy who is for sure going is the one who used to sabotage his work and would be the team leader. Frank will not go, if selected, if he has to work under/with this guy. Just wouldn't be a good situation.

Still not sure how someone who was almost laid off/let go three years ago is suddenly "team leader" material.

But, we have to wait and see what God decides. If Frank is supposed to go, he will, if not, there will be a reason and something else in store.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

Return to Prayer Requests