To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

We're Under Attack!

Share your prayer requests here. "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." -Mark 11:24

Moderators: RedBaron, beaedwards

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

We're Under Attack!

Postby deejay » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:52 pm

For the last few months, I've been leading a Thursday night Bible Study at church. We took a break over the holidays, but since New Year's we've only managed to have one class. Lately, members of my class have been calling in sick--on Thursday. I know it's not me and my teaching that's the problem; I get plenty of positive feedback from class members. We've been going through Andrew Farley's book, "Naked Christianity", and getting a lot from it. Apparently, this isn't sitting too well with the Enemy, and he's hitting members with illnesses.

Also, as I posted elsewhere, we had a break-in at church, in the fireside room where we meet, and the flat screen TV that is used to entertain the kids was stolen, along with the cart I use to haul the trash to the dumpster.

We are about to end a three week church wide Daniel fast, which evidently has added fuel to the fire.

Please pray against all spiritual attacks against our church, Sound Chapel, and our members.

cgalmond
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: We're Under Attack!

Postby cgalmond » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:07 pm

Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus and the power of his shed blood. We plead our faith in the blood of Jesus over this house group and this church and all that are in it. That precious and divine blood is as fresh and as warm and as miraculous as the day he shed it and will be forever. We apply our faith in the blood of Jesus against you satan. We bind any other spirit but the Holy spirit. We loose them and away from this church and we command them all to leave and to go to uninhabited places. There they will stay until our Lord Jesus decides otherwise. We command satan to go, the scripture says resist the devil and he will flee from. To flee means to hot foot it away. Not just a saunter, we loose into the void the fruits of the Holy Spirit and declare that Jesus is Lord and every knee shall bow. Amen :bow

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:54 pm

Praying.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:20 am

I'm praying!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

seasalt44
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby seasalt44 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:14 pm

Lord, the enemy seems to have multiplied. Churches, Bible Studies and the work of the Kingdom seem to be experiencing great travail. Lord, we know the battle belongs to you. We know that nothing is allowed to happen unless you allow it. We know this is for a reason. Help us to represent you in these difficult times in a way that would please and honor you. Bring glory to yourself as you strengthen and grant wisdom to your people. Let us honor You, Lord. Forgive us and bring us to repentance in areas where we have failed to follow You. Teach us to walk in Your ways.
In Jesus name Amen

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:39 pm

The window that was broken during the burglary at church has finally been repaired. We're thinking of perhaps moving my Bible study to a different day.

At home, there's a guy named Tom that lives upstairs from us. He's a known drug dealer, and when I'm at the library or church, my roommates see drug deals going down right out front. I have angels around my house, so no worries there. But a few nights ago, after my roommate Becky had made herself dinner and given me half of a grilled cheese sandwich that was left over, there was a knock at the door. There was a dude saying Becky had ordered a pizza. He wasn't wearing a pizza delivery uniform, there was no car with a lighted pizza delivery sign on it out front, and he was standing on the right--as I'm facing out the door--of the steps, opposite to what real pizza delivery men do. I asked Becky, she of course said no, she didn't order anything, so I told him she hadn't ordered anything, and he left.
A couple days later, again at night, another knock on the door. I look out the front window, see a different dude who waves hello when he sees me looking, and when I open the door, he asks about the parking space. I tell him our lease only gives one parking space in the driveway, and Becky has that. I ask if he has our landlady's number, he says yes, so I suggest he call her and talk to her about it. In reality, the one space in the driveway is for the whole house. I told my roommates about both visits right after they happened, and they agree the tweakers (drug users) upstairs are trying to either get in our house and take what they can for drug money, or use our parking space for their drug deals.
Tom and his buddies are supposedly getting evicted, but that can take time. I believe the police are aware of this situation, but they need as much evidence as possible in order to get a conviction. From time to time, an AT&T truck parks across the street from us; we joke it's really the cops keeping an eye on Tom. Our front door has a locking screen door, which is kept locked--regular and deadbolt--almost constantly. Our front door is a security door, also with regular and deadbolt locks, and is also locked most of the time. Back door has only a regular lock, but we plan on getting a deadbolt installed.

Pray the drug dealers get kicked out--it's possible our landlady knows what they're doing, that's why they're getting evicted--and a better class of people move in the front and upstairs.

Return to Prayer Requests