To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Frank's Mom - Breast Cancer

Share your prayer requests here. "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." -Mark 11:24

Moderators: RedBaron, beaedwards

RedBaron

Frank's Mom - Breast Cancer

Postby RedBaron » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Frank's mom got her biopsy results today, it is breast cancer. It's small, though. She'll be seeing the doctor, I think tomorrow, for her treatment options. Her sister is having a biopsy done next week (I think).

I'm still waiting on my MRI results, praying that it's clear.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Frank's Mom - Breast Cancer

Postby mikeedwards » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:14 pm

Praying for Franks mom and you guys too.
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:16 pm

I'm praying. Cancer is a scary word to hear.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:37 am

Thanks.

Frank's a wreck. He asked if I was ok, I told him I was, I had to be to be strong for him, because he was strong for me when my sister went through it/I got the BRCA news. He said, "That's ok, we can be wrecks together and strong together in front of the kids." The kids are handling it ok, so far. When I talked to her in the evening, she was thanking me for the cards the kids sent. I was like, "What cards?" They had taken the time to send her thinking of you "Hang in there, God is in control" email cards (the one with the kitten hanging from a branch.

We have some amazing kids.

We talked to her last night and she says she's fine, in shock but fine, but.... We're also worried about his dad. She had rotator cuff surgery last year, and he was so worried about her, he wasn't eating or sleeping. We thought he was losing his mind, he was acting and talking crazy. Turns out his sodium was low. They also discovered high blood pressure. He hadn't been to a doctor - ever. So we need to keep an eye on him, too, to make sure he takes care of himself, too.

In the good news column, my MRI I had last week came back normal. No signs of cancer for me. I have my next mamo in 6 months.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

cgalmond
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby cgalmond » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:24 pm

We say a simple prayer for these dear saints. That is that Christ is the big C and cancer is the small c. At the name of Jesus and the power of his shed blood every thing will bow down and come into submission to him. That includes any cancerous growths. They will not only bow down . they will shrivel up and die. Amen :bow

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:22 am

Update on my MIL - They will be testing the lymp nodes to see how far the breast cancer may have spread. Then she'll do one of two types of radiation, depending on the results of those tests. She won't have to do treatment for long. Praise God - NO chemo.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

itsjoanne

Postby itsjoanne » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:46 pm

cgalmond wrote:That is that Christ is the big C and cancer is the small c.

I LOVE this! And praying, Shari!

swfdoc1
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby swfdoc1 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:11 pm

Praying.
Steve
nlf.net
________
"When the Round Table is broken every man must follow Galahad or Mordred; middle
things are gone." C.S. Lewis
“The chief purpose of life … is to increase according to our capacity our knowledge of God by all the means we have, and to be moved by it to praise and thanks. To do as we say in the Gloria in Excelsis ... We praise you, we call you holy, we worship you, we proclaim your glory, we thank you for the greatness of your splendor.” J.R.R. Tolkien

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:28 am

My MIL is getting surgery on Monday for the breast cancer, will be off work for 2 weeks. She'll be doing radiation, and if I understand it right, it's for just 5 days, but goes twice a day. There is some kind of thing they implant so they can target the area better.

Frank's aunt is finding out what she needs to do this week.

And today, the two of them had to put their Aunt Sallye (their mother's sister) into hospice. She's the same one who was dropped in the nursing home over Christmas. It's not going to be easy for them.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:05 pm

Update on my MIL - she's in recovery. No problems with the lymph nodes or tumor. Looks like the biopsy got everything. My SIL says she'll probably start radiation on Monday, after seeing the doctor on Friday.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:38 pm

RedBaron wrote:My MIL is getting surgery on Monday for the breast cancer, will be off work for 2 weeks. She'll be doing radiation, and if I understand it right, it's for just 5 days, but goes twice a day. There is some kind of thing they implant so they can target the area better.

Frank's aunt is finding out what she needs to do this week.

And today, the two of them had to put their Aunt Sallye (their mother's sister) into hospice. She's the same one who was dropped in the nursing home over Christmas. It's not going to be easy for them.

And an update.... My MIL felt enough better after her surgery to go with her sister yesterday to try to see their Aunt Sallye before she passed away, as hospice called and said they didn't expect her to make it through Tuesday night. She had her pain pills and ice pack. They didn't quite make it before she passed away. She'd gone Home. The funeral home was going to pick up the body, cremate it. My MIL and her sister bought a box for the ashes, which would be returned (maybe they are picking them up? Not sure), to be placed in her plot, next to her husband's back up in Memphis. There will be no grave side service, but they'll be having a memorial service later.

Thanks for all the continued prayers.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:04 pm

My MIL had 5 days of focused radiation, twice a day. I thought I'd posted about that being done and that the day they thought she was going back to work - last Wed., she ended up going to her regular doctor after having some bad acid reflux (thought she was having a heart attack it was so bad), to find out she had a stomach bacteria. She got a few more days off to rest/recoop and went back to work yesterday. She's VERY tired, but doing ok.

My MIL's followup checkup today went very well. There is very little chance of it coming back - like 5% or less. Her numbers were good. She's taking a medication (don't remember the name) that's a preventative type thing.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

Return to Prayer Requests