To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Prayers for me - dental, etc. - Update - appt. 3/11

Share your prayer requests here. "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." -Mark 11:24

Moderators: RedBaron, beaedwards

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: Prayers for me - dental, etc.

Postby RachelM » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:18 pm

So good to hear that things are getting dealt with and that your teeth aren't as bad as feared. I'm glad that you will be put under for the treatment and the cost will eventually be covered. Thank you for the update. Take care and God bless!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:17 pm

Thanks. We just have to do some creative budgeting (and we might even have our tax refund by then, if we get busy and file as early as we did last year). The money is set aside in our flex plan, just can't get it until it's a reimbursement. It used to be on a debit card.

AnneRene' wrote:Thank U Miss Shari! Been wondering how your visit went & glad to see you focused more on the ends and outs of paying than walking through the torment of fear. Amen and Amen! AND thank God that your teeth aren't as bad as you thought. The peroxide will help with your gums too! Use it when u get in the shower and rinse well when u r done.

God Bless you.

P.S., if mes had the resouces, I would so help u with the pmts! Like 4 real! :)
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

LindaSG
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby LindaSG » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:45 am

Glad it wasn't as bad as you thought! I too dislike going to the dentist and put off going far too often! And these dentists drive me nuts that talk to you, or ask you questions while they have their hands or equipment in your mouth and you are unable to answer! I can't get through a dental visit without the gas, I am always so stressed. LOL I'll be praying things go well for you!

Fullheart
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Fullheart » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:44 pm

I know the pain of a bad tooth and am praying that the Lord will lead you to the right dentist, who is sensitive to your fears. 'Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning."

Blessings,
Sheldon

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:08 pm

Thanks, all. There hasn't been a lot of pain, thankfully. I do have an appointment set up, just have to come up with some of the money up front. That's going to be the tricky part. We may have to reschedule after we get our taxes done and our refund.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

RedBaron

Re: Prayers for me - dental, etc. - Update - appt. Tuesday

Postby RedBaron » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:16 pm

Tuesday (3/11) I finally get my dental work done (broken molar removed, deep cleaning, gum treatment, and a couple small cavities - my teeth weren't nearly as bad as I thought - so that's a praise lol). We used part of our tax refund to pay for the up front for getting put under to do the work. I have to take a pill to help me sleep the night before, another pill and drink some stuff an hour before my appointment. They said it would "feel like you've had a couple cocktails." I have never been drunk in my life... lol. Frank's taking the day off, as I obviously won't be able to drive lol. Then they give me an IV after I get there to put me in "twilight sleep" to do the work.

I'm not totally nervous yet, but, hopefully the stuff they are having me take before hand will do the trick and keep me from totally panicking. The worst part right now is they moved my appointment to 10:20 and I'm not going to be able to eat or drink anything, other than a sip of water to take the one pill in the am.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

cgalmond
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Prayers for me - dental, etc. - Update - appt. 3/11

Postby cgalmond » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:17 am

Lord Jesus a simple but powerful prayer for Shari. That she be granted that peace that surpasses all understanding. To find the right surgical dentist who will finish this for once and for all. :bow

beaedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beaedwards » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:38 am

Praying for you too Shari,

I'm a huge dental sissy (after 5 years of dental restructuring in my teens) and have to be gassed to even have my teeth cleaned. Not much creates the same type of anxiety in me so I can empathize with you and if it helps at all, what I do is pray for folks (especially the dentist and his family) during any procedure to keep my mind other focused. It seems to give me some peace.

Praying all day for you!

Love,
Bea

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Shari, I'm praying that you will be blessed with peace that passes understanding and that you will have a strong sense of God's presence through it all. God bless!

DeeRedeemed
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby DeeRedeemed » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:47 pm

May the peace of God reign over you. Praying that everything will be smooth.

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:37 pm

It went well, at least that's what they told me lol. I got a Wendy's Frosty for lunch. Then slept, got up to go to the bathroom at some point, and back to sleep. Now having a bit of soup and sweet tea and then probably back to sleep. Not too much pain.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:39 pm

I'm so glad that it went well and that you've been able to rest!

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:18 pm

Glad it went better than expected. Maybe it'll give me the courage to go too :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:18 am

I'm still feeling kind of off, really tired, and my jaw is aching some. But overall, not bad.At last I don't have to take the kids anywhere today lol.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

beaedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beaedwards » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:04 am

Yay it's all over with and you survived :D

PreviousNext

Return to Prayer Requests