To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Prayers for me - dental, etc. - Update - appt. 3/11

Share your prayer requests here. "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." -Mark 11:24

Moderators: RedBaron, beaedwards

RedBaron

Prayers for me - dental, etc. - Update - appt. 3/11

Postby RedBaron » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:51 am

I could use some prayer. I did something to my back yesterday, pulled a muscle or something. I also have some dental issues I need taken care of, including a broken tooth that I've been putting off dealing with since I tried going to the free dental clinic downtown a few years ago and had either a panic attack or an allergic reaction to the stuff they used to numb my mouth, because I started shaking and couldn't stop.

The tooth is almost completely gone now, losing bits of it at a time, with the last big piece coming out Christmas day, but there are pieces still in the gum that have to come out and it hurts. I have some grapefruit seed extract that I've been rinsing with, that is a natural antibiotic (read about it online) and has helped keep the pain at bay in the past. It hurts worse now than when most of the tooth was still there.

I'm petrified of the dentist. We're looking for one who will put me under to take care of everything that needs done at once. I've had three c-sections and a hysterectomy, so you'd think a visit to the dentist wouldn't be a big deal, but no.... Last time I had anything done was when I had all four wisdom teeth out at once in 2000, because I developed an infection and Frank drug me to the dentist, who referred us to a dental surgeon, as one of them was coming in sideways.

Last night, I kept flipping between too hot and feeling cold, but I don't seem to have a fever, so it may just be the stupid hot flashes (I have a patch that is supposed to help with that). I barely slept at all last night and feel like I've been hit by a truck. I stayed home from church this morning.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Allison
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Prayers for me - dental, etc.

Postby Allison » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:23 pm

Ugh. I hate dental stuff too, and as you know I've been through a number of other major procedures as well. So I feel for you there. I've never had a panic attack or anything, but I still hate it! I always kind of feel bad, because I love my dentist... I just hate going TO the dentist. I'll be praying you find something that you can afford. :(
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

itsjoanne

Postby itsjoanne » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:41 pm

Praying, Shari - for all of it.

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:42 am

Shari, I'm so sorry to hear about the pain you are experiencing. It sounds kind of scary. I hope you can get that worked on quickly. Definitely tell the dentist that you end up with about your previous reaction. I'm praying that you will be blessed with God's peace that passes understanding during this trial and that you will be able to find a gentle, compassionate, and amazing dentist.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:51 am

Dentists are so gentle these days, Shari. Don't be afraid. It's just a bit uncomfortable having to hold your mouth open for so long, but it's nothing like it was when we were kids. (Speaks the three root canal therapies veteran). :D

Praying for peace of mind and for everything to be dealt with easily and quickly.

Love, Deb
Finesse Writing & Editing Service

FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Coming Soon ... Breath of Fresh Air Press (the home of FaithWriters' Books)

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:22 pm

I am praying for you Shari. The exact thing happened to me and I know it was because I didn't go like I used to or should. It's a front tooth too so I'm super self-conscious. Many dentists will offer sedation now because so many people hate going to the dentist and are afraid. You don't get completely knocked out like you do with general anesthesia but it's close. Of course most insurances won't cover it and it can be expensive but might be worth it and cheaper in the long run. Sending you hugs and love.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:13 pm

It's not as bad today, but I still have to get it taken care. If the insurance doesn't cover it, we'll figure something out, but I'll have to be out to have it done.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:25 pm

My appointment to see what my options are is Friday at 10:30. I almost started crying when I was on the phone with the office.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:16 am

I'm praying for you!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:38 am

Frank's going to take the day off and go with me to the appointment Friday and then again when I have the work done. I think he's afraid I'll back out and not go lol.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

itsjoanne

Postby itsjoanne » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:45 am

That Frank is a smart guy. :wink: :wink: Praying for ya, friend!

RedBaron wrote:Frank's going to take the day off and go with me to the appointment Friday and then again when I have the work done. I think he's afraid I'll back out and not go lol.

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:04 am

Aw Shari...my heart goes out to you with your fear. Many years ago, I used to be a dental assistant but regardless I have always hated the numbing part. However, here's a few tid-bits I hope will help settle your nerves. Tell the Dr. you do not want him to use epinephrine to numb you with. I get the shakes and heart palpitations from it too. I have 'em use lidocaine. It only lasts 5 to 10 minutes versus an hour, but once your numb, ya don't feel them giving you another shot if need be. Also, rinse your mouth with 3% peroxide to help with infection. Lastly, you don't want to get to the point where you do get a dental infection because it can lead to sepsis throughout your body. Believe me, I understand your anxiety, but once you have a gentle dentist, you will be sooooo glad you went because truthfully, the pain from bad teeth is way worse than 30 minutes of in and out at the dentist and the relief of getting it over is SO WORTH IT. You're so blessed to have such a supporting husband. Please give us a report when you get home Friday. I just KNOW you're gonna be super happy! :superhappy My prayers are with you too sweetie!

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Hurting back and bad teeth??? I can relate. As for going to the "Quacks" to have it fix, You have me simpathy. And a lot of prayers. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:28 pm

Good and bad news.

Good news, my teeth aren't nearly as bad as I was afraid. I thought I was losing parts of my teeth, but it turns out it was plaque breaking off. I have a very few small cavities.

Bad news, I'll have to have a a gum treatment, as my gums are in bad shape.

Good news, they'll be able to do all of it while I'm out, in "twilight sleep", and take care of the broken tooth, too.

Bad news, I'll have to pay about $1,700 a week before the appointment for being put under. So I have to get the credit cards current so I can put it on there.

Good news, we'll get that back from our flex plan, but not till later, so I can pay that off later on the card.

I go back Feb. 7 to get it all done.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:55 pm

Thank U Miss Shari! Been wondering how your visit went & glad to see you focused more on the ends and outs of paying than walking through the torment of fear. Amen and Amen! AND thank God that your teeth aren't as bad as you thought. The peroxide will help with your gums too! Use it when u get in the shower and rinse well when u r done.

God Bless you.

P.S., if mes had the resouces, I would so help u with the pmts! Like 4 real! :)

Next

Return to Prayer Requests