To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Pray for Mudslide Victims

Share your prayer requests here. "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." -Mark 11:24

Moderators: RedBaron, beaedwards

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Pray for Mudslide Victims

Postby deejay » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:39 pm

As I'm sure many of you know, the West Coast got hit the other day with heavy rain, a month after a series of wildfires was finally controlled. This morning on the news there are currently 10 people dead and 20 missing--though I just saw where they pulled a 14 year old girl from what was left of her house--in the community of Montecito, in Ventura County.

Please pray for the families affected, as well as the First Responders who are out there looking for the missing. It's hard on them too, whenever they find a victim.

Here in the OC, we're pretty much okay--there were a couple of roof leaks at the shelter, but they were in the men's section and TV area. Nothing some buckets and trash cans can't handle.

deejay

Re: Pray for Mudslide Victims

Postby deejay » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:36 pm

The death toll is now 21, after a woman was found. Still missing are a man and a toddler. Keep praying for people who have lost loved ones, and for the families of those two who are still missing. The woman's body was found a mile from her home. Six of the victims were not in mandatory evacuation areas.

Return to Prayer Requests